User Tag List

First 119169209217218219220221229269319 Last

Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3324

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Definitely won't be doing the treadmill for the next several days as I am officially a leper, again!

maybe I can do weights or situps- I might want and need to refrain from everything though- I didn't do any exercises yesterday.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ

Just finished my exercises.

Just so you guys know... I am going to continue posting in this thread even after the contest is over.
    I hope some of you will continue to post also.
    I need you.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

w00t! Officially lost 24.5 lbs today, and about 15 of that since Christmas. I weigh about what I did in highschool - 145 lbs. (which is amazing considering it's extremely difficult for me to get below 150 lbs even when I've been working out. Was 169 lbs before.)

For all you folks to feel motivated... here are two pictures from this week.

I am deff loosing fat, now I just want to lose a little more flab and then get muscle definition in my shoulders, back, legs, etc. My initial goal was to get to 135 - so 10 lbs left maybe. Want to look like the cover of Oxygen magazine!
    Last edited by nynesneg; 03-02-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: photos removed
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I went to my PT session today.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have carpel tunnel. I'm not entirely sure what this will do with my workout yet... most likely I'll have to stop with the lifting (remember legs is covered by PT) and focus on cardio. Hopefully with some ice I can have this gone in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Definitely won't be doing the treadmill for the next several days as I am officially a leper, again!

maybe I can do weights or situps- I might want and need to refrain from everything though- I didn't do any exercises yesterday.
    Aw man, bummer! My suggestion is to simply relax as much as possible and get plenty of fluids until you are feeling stronger. Exercise stresses the body and may increase recovery time.

Good well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Just finished my exercises.

Just so you guys know... I am going to continue posting in this thread even after the contest is over.
    I hope some of you will continue to post also.
    I need you.
    Good job, and I'm glad you are sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    w00t! Officially lost 24.5 lbs today, and about 15 of that since Christmas. I weigh about what I did in highschool - 145 lbs. (which is amazing considering it's extremely difficult for me to get below 150 lbs even when I've been working out. Was 169 lbs before.)

For all you folks to feel motivated... here's a picture but it's actually from August last year. Am about 5-7 lbs less than I was even in that pic. Then the one in the dress is from a week ago.

I am deff loosing fat, now I just want to lose a little more flab and then get muscle definition in my shoulders, back, legs, etc. My initial goal was to get to 135 - so 10 lbs left maybe.
    Congrats on the excellent progress! You are looking great.

Just remember, as you build muscle you'll be regaining some of the weight you are losing from fat. The scale may slow down quite a bit as you hit this phase. This is where photo evidence, tape measuring, and feeling how clothes fit becomes helpful.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I went to my PT session today.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have carpel tunnel. I'm not entirely sure what this will do with my workout yet... most likely I'll have to stop with the lifting (remember legs is covered by PT) and focus on cardio. Hopefully with some ice I can have this gone in a week or so.
    What makes you think you have Carpal Tunnel?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    What makes you think you have Carpal Tunnel?
    It's my first guess based on the fact that it developed slowly due to a crappy work chair and too much time at the computer, especially at work.

The pain is at the bottom of my wrist (burning), with occasional shots (closer to stabbing) that go into my finger or up my elbow. Although the top of the left hand also is hurting a bit at the wrist and down my arm a small bit. It's early and nothing major, but enough to concern me.

You have any other ideas or thoughts? If it's still hurting this week after taking it easy (lifting/pushup/pullup wise) and icing it, I'll likely visit the doctor's.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

It's my first guess based on the fact that it developed slowly due to a crappy work chair and too much time at the computer, especially at work.

The pain is at the bottom of my wrist (burning), with occasional shots (closer to stabbing) that go into my finger or up my elbow. Although the top of the left hand also is hurting a bit at the wrist and down my arm a small bit. It's early and nothing major, but enough to concern me.

You have any other ideas or thoughts? If it's still hurting this week after taking it easy (lifting/pushup/pullup wise) and icing it, I'll likely visit the doctor's.
    It may just be tendinitis from overworking your hands and forearms , since you have included exercises that stress your grip recently. And yeah having crappy ergonomics in your work environment may contribute as well.

Icing is good, to start. Try to alternate between cold and heat to help increase blood flow after icing gets rid of some swelling. Also perhaps you should look into some straps to take stress off your hands when you work out.

MBTI
    INtP

Ouch, hope the wrist gets better, Udog. That's no fun .

Update: I'm still sort of sick, but have started my regular workout schedule back up, so I'm still plugging along... it just hurts and tires me out now (:steam. Trying to not make this darned cough into an excuse to not work out .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Ouch, hope the wrist gets better, Udog. That's no fun .

Update: I'm still sort of sick, but have started my regular workout schedule back up, so I'm still plugging along... it just hurts and tires me out now (:steam. Trying to not make this darned cough into an excuse to not work out .
    Thanks. And I hope you continue to get better as well. Don't be afraid to use your cough as an excuse to take it at least a bit easier!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Thanks. And I hope you continue to get better as well. Don't be afraid to use your cough as an excuse to take it at least a bit easier!
    Just use your judgment. If you're sick, exercise can weaken your immune system if you're not careful. Causing the problem to get worse.