Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3324

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay, today marked my 8th day following the "Personal Trainer" program, and the second time that I did the full strength workout.

As I said last time, it starts with a "cardio warmup", and a few non-weight exercises - knee tucks, crunches, and ground back extensions.

I got two dumbbells on Sunday and did the first weight workout that day and this evening just now was the 2nd time. I didn't do as much weight as they said to, but I know my body well enough to know I couldn't handle that much yet, didn't want to start by hurting myself. I noticed after I entered what I did the first time, it decreased the weight planned (although not down to what I have) and also decreased the reps from 15 to 12.

The weight parts include: Partial Dumbbell Squats, Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Lunges, Dumbbell Pullovers, Seated Dumbbell Press, One-Arm Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows, Dumbbell Upright Rows, Lateral Dumbbell Raises, One-Arm Dumbbell Extensions, Concentration Curls, and Seated Dumbbell Calf Raises. (12 of each except for the one-arm ones which are 12 with each arm. 1 minute of rest in between each one.)

Then it's cool-down stretches and then I collapse here and drink lots of water.

There, next time I can just say "I did the strength workout" and you can refer to this post for details.

On the non-weight days, I have gotten in a few brisk walks and the "cardio warmup" and "cooldown" stuff. One day when it recommended outdoor running, I raced Morgan from the car to our apartment stairs. I counted that as one minute of running for my report. Yesterday, it said 30 minutes of speedwalking, but what I did was walk from my office to Midas to pick up my car which took about 15 minutes at a brisk pace. I'm not good at estimating distances but I put it down as a third of a mile. It might have been more than that though i really don't know.

Friday evening I went shopping for most of the foods on the "testosterone advantage" plan, and I would say I have followed it loosely, but it has been a good guide. My questions after one week on that plan are "Why is one meal 100 percent diet compliant one day and 0 percent another day?" and "Who the hell eats 2 cups of cottage cheese by itself in one sitting?"

Uh..happy fitness! Or something.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

^ Yes! I really don't like eating cottage cheese plain either but it seems to be a staple fitness diet food. /gross face here

I have a delicious recipe for chocolate pudding I could share which uses 2c cottage cheese. You bake it with any flavor of instant pudding - so you can have butterscotch or cheesecake flavor. Delicious.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    ^ Yes! I really don't like eating cottage cheese plain either but it seems to be a staple fitness diet food. /gross face here
    Yeah, the first time cottage cheese was on the meal plan, I managed to eat about a fourth of a cup but I had to mix in some crackers too. The other times I've just substituted something else. Cottage cheese is alright in small portions, but heaping bowlfuls is just ridiculous.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, the first time cottage cheese was on the meal plan, I managed to eat about a fourth of a cup but I had to mix in some crackers too. The other times I've just substituted something else. Cottage cheese is alright in small portions, but heaping bowlfuls is just ridiculous.
    Here's a page where other people discuss what they do to tolerate cottage cheese
    including one very popular trick... to add Splenda, cinnamon and vanilla extract!
    I need a cottage cheese substitute... [Archive] - John Stone Fitness Forums

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Day 2 week 2 complete for push ups, sit ups, and squats.

I did things a little different today. I worked out to the entire dance DVD (instead of the three above, doing one routine, switching DVDs, another.) I decided to keep my heart rate up this time with the entire dance DVD. I thought my obliques were on fire halfway through, but it was good stuff. The push ups, and sit ups were definitely more difficult with the workout beforehand.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

They called today and offered me the job as a Technical Clerk!
    I start in a couple weeks.
    My supervisor is going to be a woman who my husband used to refer to as "Sunshine Sue"!
    The pay and benefits are excellent.
    They said they interviewed 16 people, but I was one of the "outstanding" candidates!

MBTI
    INTJ

double post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    My supervisor is going to be a woman who my husband used to refer to as "Sunshine Sue"!
    They said they interviewed 16 people, but I was one of the "outstanding" candidates!
    Yay!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I finally succumbed to sickness today. Perhaps it's just an allergy attack. Either way, I left work early and just woke up from a 6 hour nap, and already my nose is draining again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Okay, today marked my 8th day following the "Personal Trainer" program, and the second time that I did the full strength workout.

The weight parts include: Partial Dumbbell Squats, Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Lunges, Dumbbell Pullovers, Seated Dumbbell Press, One-Arm Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows, Dumbbell Upright Rows, Lateral Dumbbell Raises, One-Arm Dumbbell Extensions, Concentration Curls, and Seated Dumbbell Calf Raises. (12 of each except for the one-arm ones which are 12 with each arm. 1 minute of rest in between each one.)

Then it's cool-down stretches and then I collapse here and drink lots of water.

There, next time I can just say "I did the strength workout" and you can refer to this post for details.
    Hah! That's a pretty solid workout - I think "collapse" is a suitable conclusion to it. Thank you again for the in depth report.

On the non-weight days, I have gotten in a few brisk walks and the "cardio warmup" and "cooldown" stuff. One day when it recommended outdoor running, I raced Morgan from the car to our apartment stairs. I counted that as one minute of running for my report. Yesterday, it said 30 minutes of speedwalking, but what I did was walk from my office to Midas to pick up my car which took about 15 minutes at a brisk pace. I'm not good at estimating distances but I put it down as a third of a mile. It might have been more than that though i really don't know.
    15 minutes of a brisk pace... hmm... I'd say 1/2 mile is reasonable.

I do like how the workout has you doing active stuff even on the non-resistance days. Lots of workout programs neglect that.

Friday evening I went shopping for most of the foods on the "testosterone advantage" plan, and I would say I have followed it loosely, but it has been a good guide. My questions after one week on that plan are "Why is one meal 100 percent diet compliant one day and 0 percent another day?" and "Who the hell eats 2 cups of cottage cheese by itself in one sitting?"

Uh..happy fitness! Or something.
    Indeed! I love cottage cheese, and I still can't handle more than 1 cup at a time. I like to eat it with an apple.

The funny part is, I don't even consider cottage cheese to be a super food or anything. It's just a low fat, convenient source of protein that for whatever reason took off in popularity.

Thanks again for the awesome update, Jeffster!

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Day 2 week 2 complete for push ups, sit ups, and squats.

I did things a little different today. I worked out to the entire dance DVD (instead of the three above, doing one routine, switching DVDs, another.) I decided to keep my heart rate up this time with the entire dance DVD. I thought my obliques were on fire halfway through, but it was good stuff. The push ups, and sit ups were definitely more difficult with the workout beforehand.
    Nice. Way to push yourself harder. Are you still playing the Wii at all, or have you moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Congrats - that's wonderful news!

MBTI
    ENFJ

I think this isn't working.

I wonder if this is post-exercise depression.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge