User Tag List

First 110160200208209210211212220260310 Last

Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3324

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Last work out went swimmingly. Pushups, situps, and squats. 5 reps of a set number each as per the workout plan. As I suspected, week 2 was a bit more cruel. Did a walking video with my mom last night.

Tonight: Day 2 of the program, as well as dance DVD.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Last work out went swimmingly. Pushups, situps, and squats. 5 reps of a set number each as per the workout plan. As I suspected, week 2 was a bit more cruel. Did a walking video with my mom last night.

What kind of dance? Is it a "Stop snowing on the East Coast" dance, by any chance? We could really use one of those right now.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Are you talking about the higher intensity pilates class, or have you joined a new class?
    It's through the same place so has Pilates principles and moves but is mostly on 'gravity' machines that use your body weight on increasing angles to add resistance instead of springs that the reformer beds use. In that respect it's more like the Pilates I did at my old gym when I could walk out and actually feel like I'd done a work out, the current Pilates machines I've been working on don't have enough tension with all 5 springs on for some leg exercises and I just didn't feel pushed hard enough.

Did another class last night, it adds upper, lower and core body work with cardio, plus (big plus) it's all new for me atm so am loving it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Kyuuei - cool story!

Wednesday:Latin aerobics. Done. Kicked my ass. Two classes down.
    That's awesome! I want to learn latin dancing so much...

Five reps? That must be grueling.. I have a hard enough time failing at 10-15, but I've never done any where the weight was so heavy I failed at five. Good for you!
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I think I used the word reps wrong? .. I should have said "5 sets of x number of reps" but reps always made more sense in my head to mean the times you begin an exercise. I keep forgetting to translate Kyuueian into Common English.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It's through the same place so has Pilates principles and moves but is mostly on 'gravity' machines that use your body weight on increasing angles to add resistance instead of springs that the reformer beds use. In that respect it's more like the Pilates I did at my old gym when I could walk out and actually feel like I'd done a work out, the current Pilates machines I've been working on don't have enough tension with all 5 springs on for some leg exercises and I just didn't feel pushed hard enough.

Did another class last night, it adds upper, lower and core body work with cardio, plus (big plus) it's all new for me atm so am loving it.
    Oh, I love new! Excellent news. I recall you liking your old gym (personnel issues aside), so I'm glad you are reaching that level of challenge again.

^ I think I used the word reps wrong? .. I should have said "5 sets of x number of reps" but reps always made more sense in my head to mean the times you begin an exercise. I keep forgetting to translate Kyuueian into Common English.
    Kyuueian?

I get them confused sometimes, too. I just try to remember that "reps" = "repetitions" = the number of times that you do something.

Although the whole game -> set -> match thing in tennis still messes with my head sometimes! I haven't figured out a clever mnemonic for that.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my second exercise routine today so I met my goal for the week!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I did my second exercise routine today so I met my goal for the week!
    Congrats!

Any chance you'll be able to squeeze a third one in? By all means, it's not necessary. But if the opportunity presents itself....

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

There is something wrong with one of my shoulders, so I may lay off the pushups. I also think I am going to increase stretching. Anyways, I have exercised yesterday and am going to today, soon. As soon as I get home.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Physical therapy.

Today I learned that stretching is the single most important thing I need to do on my days off from therapy. Duly noted.

I did exercise a bit yesterday in the form of a Swing dance class... however, my knee is paying the price a bit today. Won't be doing that again right away, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    There is something wrong with one of my shoulders, so I may lay off the pushups. I also think I am going to increase stretching. Anyways, I have exercised yesterday and am going to today, soon. As soon as I get home.
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. MAYBE you can try doing push-ups from your knees... but definitely lay off of pushing yourself for now. Another alternative is to use your stairs, where your feet are on the floor and you use the step for the pushup. Gradually work yourself down the stairs until you can do them from the floor.