4w5 sx

i might have had 2 hot dogs from QT
    and a dr.pepper
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

Mmm, hot dogs! I may be already planning some early morning kolaches tomorrow, since I have to be up. Otherwise, I shall be a perfect, healthy angel. :-P
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8

I know this is incredibly random, but I felt the need to share regarding cutting certain things out of your diet long-term:

It sucks at first. [/obvious] But whatever you do it with - soda, donuts, deep-fried Twinkies (they exist, just go to a Southern state fair! ) - after a certain amount of time, longer than most think to try, your taste buds' reactions to it change. For an example, if you cut out synthetic sugars and try something like a Coke a year later... it tastes bad, or at the very least excessive in its flavour, with a chemical tang to it.

I am not pushing or even suggesting that everyone should do it, just saying that even on a smaller level - if you do it with one category (fried food, synthetic sugar, etc.) - it will not always be a craving, something you have to resist like an addiction for the rest of your life.

Just a thought.

MBTI
    INTP

^^

That is very true. I've given them up before and been okay with it. I think the problem is, I just don't want to give them up, even though I know that I'll drop those 10 lbs really quickly if I do. My goal right now is to get back down to a small one a day instead of medium, and then to maybe go to every other day. I'd certainly save myself money, as well.

My main obstacle when I need to lose a few pounds (and I'm pretty lucky, b/c I have a decent metabolism overall), is that willpower and standard diets don't really work for me. They just make me mad because I can't have what I want. Usually, in order to lose a few, I have to wait for my cravings to change, which does happen fairly regularly, or I have to be really stressed out and not want to eat much. I'm pretty good about trying to eat healthy-ish most of the time an about exercising. It's just the cutting out enough junk to lose weight instead of just maintain that I suck at.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8

Holy goat, we posted at the same time. Ha!

As it is, whether ye're talking on ICEE's or hot dogs (not sure), that's true for it all... one should change just as much as they want to and know they can (and wish to) maintain, because maintenance after the loss is just as important as whatever you do whilst "dieting" (if one is focussed more on long term changes).

I was primarily just piping up that if one wants to do it long term, it's entirely possible and actually can give a better feeling in body and brain chemicals... but that cutting out many things at once while making abnormal demands on 'ze body, for many leads to a feeling of being overwhelmed and not reaching one's goals.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Aw, Haphazard, 20 minutes is a lot, if you're being super-intense about it.

Got up insanely early this morning and did about 45 minutes of light exercise around the "village" (Springe, Germany). Of course add like 10 minutes of being distracted and gawking at buildings and 5 minutes of stretching/warm down. The air here is so nice and breezy and the land is vaguely hilly and it was a lot more fun to exercise without tons of pollution filling the lungs.

As for diet-wise, bleh. I'll be lucky if I don't gain tons of weight eating so much cake and cookies and ice cream (they sure like the ice cream, and so do I).

A lot of meat makes me SLEEPY, but I do get feeling very solidly energetic the next day. I love eating fruit and have an incorrigible sweet tooth. Veggies are harder just because I'm kind of lazy to cook them. I like carbs the best. Mainly cereal.

I did some extra training today after work.

Presses 3x20
    Rows 3x20
    Crunches3x20

and about 30 min cardio on an elliptical trainer.
    I also spent 45 min lying on the floor in the magma spa.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yeah. It can be a bit much to increase exercising and quit a favorite vice at the same time. Perhaps two months down the line, when you've become more consistent with exercise and start seeing benefits, you will decide soda no longer has a place in your daily diet.
    When I was in high school and college, I consumed soda with a fury. I mean it was quite extreme. Sometimes I would drink two liters a day. Granted, it was usually diet, but still - COMPLETELY unhealthy.

To make matters worse, I drank coffee like it was going out of style. And I drank hardly any water.

After I met my husband, he said he thought it was uncultured. At first I was pissed and felt attacked, then I sat down and thought about it. "Damn, it is uncultured," I thought.

Initially, I replaced soda with coffee and tea, which is not much healthier. Then I decreased the coffee bit by bit, replacing it with tea. Now I drink mostly fruit tea, green tea, or black tea (occasionally) and my coffee consumption is limited to one thingy of coffee (those paper cups, probably about 0.3-0.4 L) in the morning. And I drink between 2-3 L of water every day along with 0.5 L of juice or so.

It can work. But do it bit by bit.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Aw, Haphazard, 20 minutes is a lot, if you're being super-intense about it.
    it hurts.

I went to a college campus for 3 months and chose to drink regular coke in the cafeteria instead of diet. Now I can't drink diet coke -- given a choice between diet coke and iced tea I'd pick the tea, dammit.

I gained a bit of weight but I guess that means less cancer?

I guess now I'm also a bit more aware of my soda consumption because back when I drank diet I would drink it like water.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge