User Tag List

First 105155195203204205206207215255305 Last

Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3324

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Did day 2 of the push-ups and sit-ups workout. I'm starting at week 1 for both, even though on the sit-ups I could probably go to week 3 already fairly easily. I want to be on the same track for both of them. It's a 6 week program, so I should be finishing it right around the time the challenge ends.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I went to physical therapy today. They are slowly but surely making the workout more difficult.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aTYp8-O96M"]Van Halen - Riiiiight Now![/YOUTUBE]
    Don't you hate when that happens? You were just getting the hang of your routine when they make it all hard to do again.

Saw my trainer on Saturday and switched up my routine for the next two weeks. Yay interval cardio training. (sarcasm) lol. My chest and side hurt when I have to do that. (30 sec fast/30 sec slow) Also doing a new weights routine where I do all muscle groups each day instead of separate days. They explained the science of it to me, it's pretty interesting.

Nice song! We should have a workout playlist thread or list somewhere for everyone to share. I'm always looking for new motivating songs that make me feel powerful while I lift weights.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Did day 2 of the push-ups and sit-ups workout. I'm starting at week 1 for both, even though on the sit-ups I could probably go to week 3 already fairly easily. I want to be on the same track for both of them. It's a 6 week program, so I should be finishing it right around the time the challenge ends.
    That's perfect. The fact that it ends after the Challenge is good, too.

You know, I haven't even thought of what's going to become of this thread post-Challenge yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Don't you hate when that happens? You were just getting the hang of your routine when they make it all hard to do again.

Saw my trainer on Saturday and switched up my routine for the next two weeks. Yay interval cardio training. (sarcasm) lol. My chest and side hurt when I have to do that. (30 sec fast/30 sec slow) Also doing a new weights routine where I do all muscle groups each day instead of separate days. They explained the science of it to me, it's pretty interesting.

Nice song! We should have a workout playlist thread or list somewhere for everyone to share. I'm always looking for new motivating songs that make me feel powerful while I lift weights.
    In all fairness, the physical therapy routine is pretty easy. It's only been getting somewhat challenging in the past couple of sessions.

Oh, and don't you love interval training? Funny how much more difficult that makes it, isn't it? Please keep us posted on your progress, okay?!

Cascadeco shared this awesome little working out gem:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2hzVV2Nwfs"]Chemical Brothers - Galvanize[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

UDOG! I wanted to post my success! Of course, I was already rather small, but I am more toned. Especially in the legs and butt and arms, more so (I already have pretty great stomach muscles, just needed some shaping up)

my boyfriend didn't understand the importance of keeping cellulite at bay by keeping all of my body fit and not just being skinny

Thanks for the encouragement you always give!
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Udog - Maybe a "Get ready for swimsuit season" Edition?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I didn't get to workout today... received a couple of unexpected phone calls and had to put out a few fires.

I should be able to workout Saturday (@ home physical therapy exercises) to make up for it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    UDOG! I wanted to post my success! Of course, I was already rather small, but I am more toned. Especially in the legs and butt and arms, more so (I already have pretty great stomach muscles, just needed some shaping up)

my boyfriend didn't understand the importance of keeping cellulite at bay by keeping all of my body fit and not just being skinny

Thanks for the encouragement you always give!
    You're welcome!

Congratulations on your progress! You should take some before and after pics, if you haven't already. It's fun to look back and see how far you've come.

And don't let your boyfriend talk you out of your routine! Being skinny doesn't mean you are in shape, so even without the cellulite, there are plenty of reasons to continue working out.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Udog - Maybe a "Get ready for swimsuit season" Edition?
    Well, I have been working on my bikini body...

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Good news, bad news:

Found the stance in my boxing class last night problematic, I've had issues with a twisted pelvis before and the rotation you're supposed to do in boxing has been troublesome in the past, this means as much as I enjoy hitting things I'll have to stop doing that class for a smidge, the pain of not being able to move, at all, without wanting to die isn't worth it.

Good part tho is that I had already booked in for some higher intensity classes to replace one of my reformer pilates classes as it's not been challenging enough for me so if I like that I can do a couple of them instead.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In my usual impulsive manner, last night I decided to sign up for the 30-day free trial of Men's Health's online "personal trainer" service. You answer a bunch of questions about your basic health and fitness level and lifestyle, then you select from one of their meal plans and workout plans that are very flexible because you can adjust almost everything in it, but the main benefit is that it keeps track of a bunch of info and calculates things like your calorie intake and stuff without me having to count anything.

Anyway, since this was my first official day on the new program, I figured now was a good time to report and this can serve as my weekly report here for this week.

On the meal side of things, the plan I chose is the one called "Testosterone Advantage" (try not to get too excited, ladies. ) and it set my daily calorie target as between 2,530 and 2,630. I'm happy to say I clocked in at 2,546 for day one. The goal is 36% calories from protein, 32% from carbs, and 32% from fat. It hasn't given me a calculation on my results for that yet, so maybe it only does that weekly. (The bulk of the results comes in the once-weekly "check-in" which for me will be Sundays.)

A lot of the workouts require dumbbells which I don't have any of, but I'm working on that and in the meantime I simply delete those and do the non-weight exercises, which for me is already quite a workout at this point.

It starts with 5 minutes "cardio warm-up" which I mainly did my mainstay of jumping jacks and arm rolls as well as jogging in place and what I can only think to call doing the twist.

After that, I moved on to knee-tucks and crunches, which I did the prescribed 10, and then the "Back Extension: Ground" for 8 reps (it just said do the max you can do.) Finally, it was "express cool-down" stretches which felt good but are the thing that is going to have me sore in the morning.

I woke up this morning by pulling a calf muscle hard before I had even done anything at all. It was like my body was already protesting. So, when I did the stretches I took it easy on that one and didn't push it. No sense in injuring myself on day one of actually semi-following a plan.

Tomorrow's workout says 30 minutes of "Speedwalking." I have a feeling that is a little much for me, I can't remember the last time I speedwalked for that long, so it will probably be more like 10 minutes of speedwalking and another however long I can stand up of slower walking recovering from the speedwalking. If I don't collapse, maybe I'll remember to report on how that goes.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering what I ate, it could essentially be called the "fast food diet." Hit the McDonald's drive-thru in the morning, got an egg mcmuffin and milk for breakfast (jack in the box hot sauce on the muffin - always good to keep sauce packets at work.) I also got one of those fruit & yogurt parfaits which was my morning snack a couple hours later.

Working for the Subway corporation has its privileges, namely - free Subway food. So lunch was a 6 inch double meat roast beef sub with swiss cheese, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, honey mustard, oil and pepper. 1% milk to drink and an oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert.

Afternoon snack was about an ounce and half of Planters lightly salted mixed nuts, and dinner was Chick-fil-A - one regular chicken sandwich and three chicken strips with one pack of bbq sauce. Lemonade to drink. (and I thieved one of my son's fries, but I stuck to one! ) By the way, that's real lemonade that Chick-fil-A makes in store, not one of those corn syrup-filled fake lemonades that comes from the fountain.

Tomorrow, I may actually stick closer to the recommended foods because they have a hamburger for the dinner meal.

Toodle-oo for now! Zzzzzzzzzzzz....
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Anyway, since this was my first official day on the new program, I figured now was a good time to report and this can serve as my weekly report here for this week.
    Yay! Woo-hoo!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'll be out of town and without internet until Sunday night or Monday. You guys try not to make too much of a mess while I'm gone, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Good part tho is that I had already booked in for some higher intensity classes to replace one of my reformer pilates classes as it's not been challenging enough for me so if I like that I can do a couple of them instead.
    Thanks for the update. Glad you were able to make the most of it - the non-challenging class needed to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Okay, sounds good. This was one of the best reports of the entire thread, so I have no problem with that.

On the meal side of things, the plan I chose is the one called "Testosterone Advantage" (try not to get too excited, ladies. ) and it set my daily calorie target as between 2,530 and 2,630. I'm happy to say I clocked in at 2,546 for day one. The goal is 36% calories from protein, 32% from carbs, and 32% from fat. It hasn't given me a calculation on my results for that yet, so maybe it only does that weekly. (The bulk of the results comes in the once-weekly "check-in" which for me will be Sundays.)
    Sounds like a pretty solid starting balance to me, and likely a good calorie range as well.

A lot of the workouts require dumbbells which I don't have any of, but I'm working on that and in the meantime I simply delete those and do the non-weight exercises, which for me is already quite a workout at this point.
    Hey, I hear you there. Oh, and if any of those exercises are body weight exercises, you'll likely find them harder than the dumbell exercises. At least, that's been my experience. I'm still sore from my Monday pushups.

It starts with 5 minutes "cardio warm-up" which I mainly did my mainstay of jumping jacks and arm rolls as well as jogging in place and what I can only think to call doing the twist.
    This is very similar to the P90X warm up.

After that, I moved on to knee-tucks and crunches, which I did the prescribed 10, and then the "Back Extension: Ground" for 8 reps (it just said do the max you can do.) Finally, it was "express cool-down" stretches which felt good but are the thing that is going to have me sore in the morning.

I woke up this morning by pulling a calf muscle hard before I had even done anything at all. It was like my body was already protesting. So, when I did the stretches I took it easy on that one and didn't push it. No sense in injuring myself on day one of actually semi-following a plan.

Tomorrow's workout says 30 minutes of "Speedwalking." I have a feeling that is a little much for me, I can't remember the last time I speedwalked for that long, so it will probably be more like 10 minutes of speedwalking and another however long I can stand up of slower walking recovering from the speedwalking. If I don't collapse, maybe I'll remember to report on how that goes.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering what I ate, it could essentially be called the "fast food diet." Hit the McDonald's drive-thru in the morning, got an egg mcmuffin and milk for breakfast (jack in the box hot sauce on the muffin - always good to keep sauce packets at work.) I also got one of those fruit & yogurt parfaits which was my morning snack a couple hours later.

Working for the Subway corporation has its privileges, namely - free Subway food. So lunch was a 6 inch double meat roast beef sub with swiss cheese, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, honey mustard, oil and pepper. 1% milk to drink and an oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert.

Afternoon snack was about an ounce and half of Planters lightly salted mixed nuts, and dinner was Chick-fil-A - one regular chicken sandwich and three chicken strips with one pack of bbq sauce. Lemonade to drink. (and I thieved one of my son's fries, but I stuck to one! ) By the way, that's real lemonade that Chick-fil-A makes in store, not one of those corn syrup-filled fake lemonades that comes from the fountain.

Tomorrow, I may actually stick closer to the recommended foods because they have a hamburger for the dinner meal.

Toodle-oo for now! Zzzzzzzzzzzz....
    Thanks for the in depth report, Jeffster. To be honest, you put me to shame this week. Damn you iSfps, with your can-do, action-oriented attitudes!!

Also, I've been there with the fast food diets before. Honestly, I think eating the healthier choices at fast food restaurants is a good place to start. Gradual increments are more likely to lead to long-term success. (I wish I apply that lesson!)

One suggestion about the speed walking: Try to make it go for 20 minutes, if you can. Feel free to use increments, with 5 minutes speed walking and 5 minutes regular walking, if you need to.

Best of luck!