veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    In an unrelated note.. I've been having odd, re-occuring headaches lately.. and last night when I was out eating, I had sharp pains in my ear while I was chewing.. only when I closed my jaw while chewing.. odd, ain't it?
    OH NO THE ALIENS GOT TO KRYS
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Im totally going to call last week a cheat. It was lame and pathetic. Tonight is push-ups, sit-ups, and a workout DVD.
    You couldn't be lame and pathetic if you tried. Which... actually, if you tried to be lame and pathetic, but failed, I guess that would indeed make you lame and pathetic.

How does that help your headache?

In an unrelated note.. I've been having odd, re-occuring headaches lately.. and last night when I was out eating, I had sharp pains in my ear while I was chewing.. only when I closed my jaw while chewing.. odd, ain't it?
    Hmm... that is odd, but I have no clue what it could be. Could it be stress from the semester?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Thanks Jeff!! And I dunno pups.. I really couldn't say. I was thinking it was eye-strain from studying so much and computer lookings and all that but.. it doesnt explain my head hurting when I woke up today, nor the chewing thing, nor does it explain the sharp pains when I jump.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 23 Begins: The Final Countdown

Good evening participants and welcomed readers,

Welcome to the final month! I'm pretty excited to bring everything I have in order to finish this strong. I hope everyone else feels the same way.

I learned a long time ago that 3 months is a near ideal time frame to make significant and noticeable changes to your body. Do you want to know what's three months from now? May, and all the warm weather it brings. So now is the perfect time to start preparing for summer weather. Let's begin, shall we?

As a quick note, I went ahead and put a "-" by a few users that had 10 cheats, but whose goals or reporting didn't really lend themselves to the "cheat" system. This has no affect on the final results.

Code:
    Name		Cheats 
    Antimony	-
    Clonester	5
    Domino		-
    Elaur		0
    ergophobe	+1
    Fidelia		4
    INTJMom		+4
    kelric		10
    Kyuuei		6
    ladypinkington	4
    Tallulah	7
    Trinity		6
    Udog		0
    Wolfy		10
    * Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.
    People who have not reported. (Failure to report for last week does *not* lead to disqualification. That starts the 8th.)
    Jeffster
    Jen
    poppy

As a final note, if anyone finds the idea of a "Bonus cheat" motivating, let me know. The deal is, if you reach your goals for 2 weeks in a row, you get a bonus cheat. Which means a potential of 2 bonus cheats.
    Last edited by Udog; 02-03-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Updated list

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Thanks Jeff!! And I dunno pups.. I really couldn't say. I was thinking it was eye-strain from studying so much and computer lookings and all that but.. it doesnt explain my head hurting when I woke up today, nor the chewing thing, nor does it explain the sharp pains when I jump.
    To be honest, that's above my level of expertise. (If Biaxident or Wolfy have any clue, please feel free to chime in.) On the "not a big deal" side, you might be holding awkward positions for too long while studying. Which may make it a muscular thing. That can lead to the headaches, at the least. Try using better, or at least different, posture while studying. Take 10 minute breaks every hour. Be sure you are stretching your neck before and after working out.

Head + jaw + ear pain doesn't give me warm fuzzies, though. If the above does nothing to help, you wouldn't be remiss for going to see a doctor.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    To be honest, that's above my level of expertise. (If Biaxident or Wolfy have any clue, please feel free to chime in.) On the "not a big deal" side, you might be holding awkward positions for too long while studying. Which may make it a muscular thing. That can lead to the headaches, at the least. Try using better, or at least different, posture while studying. Take 10 minute breaks every hour. Be sure you are stretching your neck before and after working out.

Head + jaw + ear pain doesn't give me warm fuzzies, though. If the above does nothing to help, you wouldn't be remiss for going to see a doctor.
    Need more info. The most obvious is, like you said, poor posture. Muscular imbalance, one side of the body being markedly stronger than the other can pull things out of alignment, is another. Muscle strain.

Head, jaw, ear pain, could be several things as well. Sinus infection, TMJ...when was the last time you cleaned the wax out of your ears?

To get more specific, or for more ideas. You'll need to ask some of the medically more up-to-date people around here, like Short and Sweet...

I'm old, and out of practice.

MBTI
    INTJ

I did my routine today... new video - with a resistance band.
    The band hurts my hand when I pull it... the latex pulls the skin between the thumb and forefinger and sort of pinches it. It doesn't seem to bother the instructor.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

*goes off to exercise righttttttttttttttttttttttttt now*
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Still goin'. Didn't work out very hard though. I've been feeling tired and sicky. Just lots of walking.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I went to physical therapy today. They are slowly but surely making the workout more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I did my routine today... new video - with a resistance band.
    The band hurts my hand when I pull it... the latex pulls the skin between the thumb and forefinger and sort of pinches it. It doesn't seem to bother the instructor.
    Do you think that gloves would help?

Congrats on trying the new workout, though. Please let us know if you are really sore tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    *goes off to exercise righttttttttttttttttttttttttt now*
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aTYp8-O96M"]Van Halen - Riiiiight Now![/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Still goin'. Didn't work out very hard though. I've been feeling tired and sicky. Just lots of walking.
    Thanks for the update. I hope you can get some quality sleep and feel better soon.