First 1018192021223070120 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I will try it. I'm fine with my current weight, but I don't need to gain any next time my metabolism slows down.

Edit: Yeah, I'm probably not giving up the soda any time soon. A girl can have one vice, right?
    Yeah. It can be a bit much to increase exercising and quit a favorite vice at the same time. Perhaps two months down the line, when you've become more consistent with exercise and start seeing benefits, you will decide soda no longer has a place in your daily diet.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Edit: Agreed with Eck. I keep my soda levels to a minimum. However, if it's a choice of 2 cans of regular coke with HFCS or 2 cans of Coke Zero, I'd have a hard time justifying the regular Coke.

They do! I'm a huge fan of Coke Zero, especially the Cherry variety.
    yeah same, i do drink the occasional can, it's just that I don't mix diet coke and food, that seems to help. I only drink coke on an empty stomac. That's not an absolute rule or anything, but I try.
    They make coke zero cherry ? I so want to steal a truckfull of it right now .

Edit: Yeah, I'm probably not giving up the soda any time soon. A girl can have one vice, right?
    oh, I'm all for vices.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

oh on a related footnote, people always tell how vegs are good and you should use them as fillers.
    While I may partially agree with the fact that if you wake up hungry at 4 am eating a few slices of cucumber or/and some tuna is a much better choice than bread and butter too much vegs will just make you tired, same goes with meat.
    Our bodies are not meant to process more than, about 30 grams of proteins a meal, and while it may be tempting to replace some of the carbohydrates with meat and using vegs as a stomac filler it isn't really the case. When reality comes knocking to the door one has to realise that the vegs, especially if you have a slow metabolism will end up slowing down your digestion and the extra meat consumption, if regular will end up making you tired because your liver can't break down the toxins created fast enough.

too much vegs factor :
    you get your energy levels backto nominal too slowly after a meal
    Too much meat: you'll feel tired, to put it simply.

Now combine the two and what do you get ?
    You being tired, which isn't cool, and the tiredness impacting on your mood levels and pushing you toward sugary foods, which, even if consumed will still be assimilated slower than usual because of all the veg traffic in your stomac.

Btw, for people having a sucky digestion, i'd recommend a shot of vodka (and NOT beer or sugary liquors) in case you're a little tired but know it'll take hours for anything you eat now to give you a half decent energy level. Alcohol is the one thing that gets in your blood stream faster than light and it's directly useable energy, it only turns you into a barrel if consumed with other things in fact, as it cannot be turned into fat.
    Since the body metabolises it so well it'll use it as an energy source rather than anything else you eat at the same time, so it's a double edged sword if you like pistachios a bit too much, otherwise it's pretty neat as a quick pick me up.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Eck, at what point does it become too many veggies?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Eck, at what point does it become too many veggies?
    Oh you usually notice it when you know you should be hungry because your energy levels are just dropping by the minute yet aren't, that's usually the first sign there's an issue with traffic control. At least as far as I'm concerned

It all depends on the stomac i guess, my digestion is AWFULLY slow so I eat fibers everyday and couldn't eat too much meat even if i wanted to as it's just something the body digests too slowly.

... In theory.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Meat seems to help me not get that nasty jittery feeling.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Meat seems to help me not get that nasty jittery feeling.
    jittery ??

... In theory.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    jittery ??
    I think I have a fairly rapid metabolism and meat seams to stick with me longer, so I don't feel all hungry and jittery.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think I have a fairly rapid metabolism and meat seams to stick with me longer, so I don't feel all hungry and jittery.
    Same with me. When "hunger level" hits, my blood sugar tends to plummet very quickly, so protein with some carbohydrates is much better for me snackwise. Though I prefer nuts and/or fruit to meat and/or veggies as a snack (and yet I often bypass both and go for delicious potato chips...)
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I didn't work out today, and i might have overate a tiny bit. just a tiny bit.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.