First 917181920212969119 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    they're the same height as regular soda cans but much, much thinner.
    It's a scientific fact that any beverage with Pomegranate in it will be overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Maybe the small cans or bottles, even though they are a little more pricey. I'm not switching to diet, but I could probably switch to a cane sugar brand or something. Not sure they are a lot better.
    I'm not a fan of High Fructose Corn Syrup, myself. While I find sugar to be a better alternative in general for several reasons, I have no idea if there's much difference between 3/4 can of HFCS soda vs cane sugar soda.

MBTI
    INFJ

I could use more exercise for stress relief and to lose 10 lbs. I need to tone my arms and legs and build up cardio for heart health.

I walk with friends during the school year, which is always pleasant, but sometimes not very challenging. I prefer to sweat when I walk, then I know I've gotten my heart rate up.

I also like to swim and just watched a breaststroke video that looks useful. I'm self-taught (freestyle), but I'd like to mix in some other strokes.

Bottom line: it's hard to exercise too much if I have a lot of work to do. Exercise makes me want to nap.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    It's a scientific fact that any beverage with Pomegranate in it will be overpriced.
    I know. I usually have the kind with blackberry -- it's still hellishly overpriced, though.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

cafe--have you tried Coke Zero? I hate diet drinks, but I like Coke Zero. I can also do a diet Pepsi or diet Dr. Pepper occasionally. ICEEs are my weakness, but if they made a Coke Zero one, I'd be all over that.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    cafe--have you tried Coke Zero? I hate diet drinks, but I like Coke Zero. I can also do a diet Pepsi or diet Dr. Pepper occasionally. ICEEs are my weakness, but if they made a Coke Zero one, I'd be all over that.
    I think my husband gets Coke Zero sometimes. I'll have to liberate one. If they have it in cherry, it might be a go.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Veggies at all meals today, good breakfast. 20 minutes of 30 Day Shred, lots of walking around school. Need a bit more water, but well on the way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I noticed that I had less endurance during the periods when i drink alot of diet drinks as opposed to my usual water bottle emptying cult of doom. I tended to think it was just an impression, but after dozens of on diet drinks/off diet drinks cycles I'm pretty sure there's an impact on my cardio.
    As far as studies are concerned, drinking coke prevent the assimilation of some nutrients. More specifically it's bad for your bones as it prevents calcium assimilation. Artificial sweeteners have also been linked to higher likelihood of cancer occuring. Oh and it's bad for your teeth to drink something which's acidity levels can be compared to that inside of your stomac. They use coke to age coins, ya know
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Edit: Agreed with Eck. I keep my soda levels to a minimum. However, if it's a choice of 2 cans of regular coke with HFCS or 2 cans of Coke Zero, I'd have a hard time justifying the regular Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think my husband gets Coke Zero sometimes. I'll have to liberate one. If they have it in cherry, it might be a go.
    They do! I'm a huge fan of Coke Zero, especially the Cherry variety.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I noticed that I had less endurance during the periods when i drink alot of diet drinks as opposed to my usual water bottle emptying cult of doom. I tended to think it was just an impression, but after dozens of on diet drinks/off diet drinks cycles I'm pretty sure there's an impact on my cardio.
    As far as studies are concerned, drinking coke prevent the assimilation of some nutrients. More specifically it's bad for your bones as it prevents calcium assimilation. Artificial sweeteners have also been linked to higher likelihood of cancer occuring. Oh and it's bad for your teeth to drink something which's acidity levels can be compared to that inside of your stomac. They use coke to age coins, ya know
    Yeah, none of it's good for you, but it's a weakness, you know? I am trying to cut down on my ICEE intake, but it's going to take time. I definitely have more energy when I cut way back on both caffeine and sugar.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    They do! I'm a huge fan of Coke Zero, especially the Cherry variety.
    I will try it. I'm fine with my current weight, but I don't need to gain any next time my metabolism slows down.

Edit: Yeah, I'm probably not giving up the soda any time soon. A girl can have one vice, right?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers