User Tag List

First 85135175183184185186187195235285 Last

Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3324

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm out for a couple weeks+. Wiped out while snowboarding and dislocated my shoulder. I'll be back when I'm recovered.

This one handed typing is a killer...
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    INTP

Back on the workout train after being sick all last week. Worked out tonight and night before last.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i've been mia so i'll probably be chased with torches outta here but anyway here's what's happening. I continue to work out almost daily with indoor cycling and on off days the elliptical at home. i just joined jenny craig (yeah i know but don't jump the gun just yet!) yesterday and if all goes as planned i should be at my goal weight by may!

tallulah, i hope you're feeling better.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Welcome back and happy new year everyone (I am assuming it is kosher to keep saying this until the 7th at least)

Back on track.

Good news: haven't put on any weight over the holidays in spite of being totally off on the exercise. In fact, lost a couple pounds, bringing the grand weight loss total since the start of this shindig to an even 20lbs. Disclaimer: Being sick a LOT while away probably contributed. Having said that, am now down 2 full pant sizes and am wearing trousers I last wore 3 years ago.

Bad news: lost my awesome 5 days a week routine while away and it's been hard getting back at the same pace/level - don't have that "I'm so buff" feeling any more. Need to get back to

I worked out two days this week though, slowly making my way back. Started with 30 minutes the first day and did 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I'd like to get back into my kickboxing class but I think that will have to wait until Saturday morning due to scheduling.

My goal for this week is to do 5 days of something for at least 30 minutes just to get back into routine. Starting next week, I'll have more of a plan with classes (2 a week of aerobic exercise) and 3 days of cardio and weights where one day could be substituted for yoga.

Udog and Tallulah - hope you both feel better. Jen - congratulations on starting JC. Let us know how it goes.

Mr. Udog, your efforts could have only made the HDL/LDL level better even if they're not where you want them. Also, I'm on to you SIR. This is a ruse to get unsuspecting young women to look at your snazzy pictures...

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

udog i hope you feel better too. :P
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I'm out for a couple weeks+. Wiped out while snowboarding and dislocated my shoulder. I'll be back when I'm recovered.

This one handed typing is a killer...
    Aw. Hopefully it's a quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Back on the workout train after being sick all last week. Worked out tonight and night before last.
    You should have said something about being sick... if I had known I would have pointed at you and laughed like Nelson. "Look at the sick girl! HA HA!"

I mean, welcome back. Glad you are feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    i've been mia so i'll probably be chased with torches outta here but anyway here's what's happening. I continue to work out almost daily with indoor cycling and on off days the elliptical at home. i just joined jenny craig (yeah i know but don't jump the gun just yet!) yesterday and if all goes as planned i should be at my goal weight by may!
    Welcome back. I like your attitude - finish off strong and it's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Back on track.
    Yay.

Good news: haven't put on any weight over the holidays in spite of being totally off on the exercise. In fact, lost a couple pounds, bringing the grand weight loss total since the start of this shindig to an even 20lbs. Disclaimer: Being sick a LOT while away probably contributed. Having said that, am now down 2 full pant sizes and am wearing trousers I last wore 3 years ago.

Bad news: lost my awesome 5 days a week routine while away and it's been hard getting back at the same pace/level - don't have that "I'm so buff" feeling any more. Need to get back to

I worked out two days this week though, slowly making my way back. Started with 30 minutes the first day and did 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I'd like to get back into my kickboxing class but I think that will have to wait until Saturday morning due to scheduling.

My goal for this week is to do 5 days of something for at least 30 minutes just to get back into routine. Starting next week, I'll have more of a plan with classes (2 a week of aerobic exercise) and 3 days of cardio and weights where one day could be substituted for yoga.
    I'm in a similar boat. You are doing this the right way by slowly easing back into it. It's easy to push too hard and sabotage yourself.

Oh, and thanks for the well wishes.

Mr. Udog, your efforts could have only made the HDL/LDL level better even if they're not where you want them. Also, I'm on to you SIR. This is a ruse to get unsuspecting young women to look at your snazzy pictures...
    Yeah. I wish I could have taken my blood levels BEFORE I started all this working out, simply to see how bad they were. It would have been useful information to know exactly how unhealthy I let myself become.

Also. Heh. They aren't snazzy pictures until I can feel like they are snazzy pictures. I'm a bit away from that marker.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Okay, I have decided I should start posting my efforts back in this thread, if I can stop being lazy and distractable!

I have started excercising in the morning, as well as at night!

Day 1 and 2 of this method: check.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Sadly, I've totally dropped out of this thing, but I'm restarting. This time, I will increase the intensity of my workout fast - I'm not a fan of slow advancement right now.

Unless there's an injury, I'll be working out 15 hours a week in a month or two. It can't be more waste of a time than what I've done last month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm wondering, does shoveling the driveway count as exercise?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

So it's confirmed.
    I injured my Rotator Cuff in my left shoulder... twice.

Any advice on how to take care of it?