• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alrighty, here's my workout report:

30 minutes stepper, level 6, 3.71 km (or something like that, forgot to write it down), 112 flights, 212 kcal

60 minutes weights, lower weight, more reps (3 x 20 per exercise)

Total caloric intake: about 1500-1700 (sorry, was hungry around 6 pm :blush:)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Umm... does touristy walking count as exercise?

Sunday: 30 minutes touristy walking around Hameln- also, cake strike begins.

Monday: feel horrible leaving Springe, an hour and a half of touristy walking around including something called the French garden in Hannover

Tues: Finally got off my ass 40 minutes of light aerobic exercise in park behind place staying in Hannover. (aww, kiddies going to school). And I still feel really tired for no reason (maybe sleep debt, I don't know). At least 6 km of touristy walking through Amsterdam, cake strike ends. (Amsterdam is fantastic and of course outrageously expensive and noisy at night.)

Not a great week so far for exercise, but blah, no time or energy. Slightly better on the eating, I think. Looks like even more time sitting in cars for the next few days.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I'm going to change to the daily updates as it seems it might be more effective in motivating me to continue, as opposed saying at the end of the week "I'm tired, and finished everything. *snore*"

By the by, LL, it's very wonderful that you have (or make) the time to really devote yourself to the numbers and tracking involved with this. Good work. :hug:

Wolfy, please keep up with the numbers - it reminds one of that article you posted by Henry Rollins, which was awesome. :nice:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1 mile.

15 minutes, 17 seconds of stumbling around like a drunkard.

194 BPM.

Afterwards, I limp away, defeated.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:static:!! The best thing about running Hap is the first time is your worst! :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I screwed up. I grabbed a quick dinner at the grocery store (sushi) in between my lesson and visiting grandma. By the time I left, I had no energy. So I will have to use a cheat this week, as reaching my 3x lifting schedule goal is impossible.

However, to make up for it, I'm adding a rule to my goals. From now on, any DQ Blizzard treat I have will be used as a cheat. As my alternate, I am allowed to have a smoothie instead.

Umm... does touristy walking count as exercise?

Considering that you are on vacation, I consider it a notable win. :)

I'm going to change to the daily updates as it seems it might be more effective in motivating me to continue, as opposed saying at the end of the week "I'm tired, and finished everything. *snore*"

Yeah, I like the daily thing as well. It helps keep this thing on my mind, even if I am failing at my goals this week like I currently am.

1 mile.

15 minutes, 17 seconds of stumbling around like a drunkard.

194 BPM.

Afterwards, I limp away, defeated.

194 BPM? Holy crap! That's an insane workout. If it's an option, feel free to cut back on that a bit.

Here are a couple of terms: Max heart rate, and Target Heart rate.

Max Heart rate = 220 - (Your age). So for someone your age, 200 is essentially your max heart rate.

Target Heart Rate is what you want to strive for in training. It's Max Heart Rate * % intensity. So if you were 20, it would be (220 - 20) * .5 = 100.

Generally, the higher the intensity the better the cardio workout, but the less fat you burn. A lower intensity will burn a higher percentage of fat, but not be as good a cardio exercise. Since I don't feel like checking my books, I'll just go with wikipedia and say that .5 - .85 is the desired intensity range.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Work pants fit loose today. YAY. Still on one small ICEE a day, and eating healthy otherwise. No sodas, only juice, soy milk/milk and water.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Today and yesterday:

Less than two cans of soda.
Daily walk.
5 mins crunches.
Vegetation = cup of fruit juice.

My belly does not seem to be shrinking at all, yet, but I feel as though I have more control of the muscles, if that makes sense. They are definitely getting sore from the unaccustomed exertion.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Totally demolished my workout class today.. But I am sad to report I'm not much faster on my official run times. 10 minutes for a mile. :( All the running I've been doing and I'm at the same speed.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
194 BPM? Holy crap! That's an insane workout. If it's an option, feel free to cut back on that a bit.

Here are a couple of terms: Max heart rate, and Target Heart rate.

Max Heart rate = 220 - (Your age). So for someone your age, 200 is essentially your max heart rate.

Target Heart Rate is what you want to strive for in training. It's Max Heart Rate * % intensity. So if you were 20, it would be (220 - 20) * .5 = 100.

Generally, the higher the intensity the better the cardio workout, but the less fat you burn. A lower intensity will burn a higher percentage of fat, but not be as good a cardio exercise. Since I don't feel like checking my books, I'll just go with wikipedia and say that .5 - .85 is the desired intensity range.

Actually I've got to speed up because the max time I was supposed to get was 15 minutes. Apparently, if I'm not under 15 minutes/mile, I'm not getting a cardio workout.

I could really care less about burning fat compared to cardio. All I want is that when I move into college next year I can do my own heavy lifting.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Totally demolished my workout class today.. But I am sad to report I'm not much faster on my official run times. 10 minutes for a mile. :( All the running I've been doing and I'm at the same speed.

My guess is that you need to push yourself harder with that specific activity, as your body has likely adjusted to a pace. You'll be surprised how challenging it will be when you decide to run a bit faster, because the quickened pace will call into action muscles that get to take it easy right now.

Actually I've got to speed up because the max time I was supposed to get was 15 minutes. Apparently, if I'm not under 15 minutes/mile, I'm not getting a cardio workout.

I thought we largely agreed on the fact that your gym teacher is sort of an idiot.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I thought we largely agreed on the fact that your gym teacher is sort of an idiot.

She's in denial that fat people exist.

Okay, here it is:

Goal: Become strong, self-reliant woman

Step #1: Be able to do the heavy lifting. No really.

While my brother was away at school, that left me, my mother, and my (severely overweight) father. None of us could lift heavy things. That's a horrible and scary predicament to be in. The only way to guarantee that it will never happen again is by making it so that I am the one who can do it.

Also, a lot of the colleges I am applying to have huge, hilly campuses so this cardio is not going to waste, either.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ate pretty well today. Veggies at every meal, 2 egg breakfast (yeah, no separating out the yolks, but since I don't eat a ton of meat and that's the main thing I have for breakfast, I think it'll be alright). Caved and had a Coke today, so that's my Coke for this week. Need to bring a snack to school tomorrow so I don't do that after school. Did Jillian and sweated. Lots of walking around school. Had more water, but still didn't quite hit 2L yet. (Although, it's only 10!)

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
My workplace is trying to get me fat.

Today was snack day.
Tomorrow is pizza day.

I'm going to have to start skipping these if I'm to have a prayer. :D

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Got back from gym, one hour of medium level weight lifting, though always done to failure - then stretching. Came home, opened large container of whey protein to get hit in the face with the scent of... vanilla. Strong, strong vanilla. I accidentally bought the wrong kind. I think it lodged in my nostrils permanently. There is nothing wrong with vanilla, but it does not go well with certain things, including but not limited to my stomach.

So yes, workout definitely done for today, and time to go cook a nice cut of pork chop.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good quote I stumbled upon today. I would do well to remember it.

"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no 'I'll start tomorrow.' Tomorrow is disease." — V.L. Allineare

Goal: Become strong, self-reliant woman

Step #1: Be able to do the heavy lifting. No really.

You are doing good, Hap. At this rate you'll be ready to hit some serious lifting exercises by the end of this all.

When you are ready to start lifting, I suggest visiting http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/health-fitness/14859-lifting-thread.html. There are some very knowledgeable people here, and I bet they'll be happy to help you get started. It's not as intimidating as it initially looks! The basics aren't that complicated, and in fact I think alot of people do harm by making it more complicated than they should.

Had more water, but still didn't quite hit 2L yet. (Although, it's only 10!)

You know, everyone is different. If you aren't feeling thirsty or hungry (thirst can sometimes be confused for hunger), then perhaps you don't need to hit 2L. Just be sure to drink plenty of fluids during your exercise periods.

My workplace is trying to get me fat.

Today was snack day.
Tomorrow is pizza day.

I'm going to have to start skipping these if I'm to have a prayer. :D

Your workplace rocks! Yeah, it's a little bit evil as well. :D

I accidentally bought the wrong kind. I think it lodged in my nostrils permanently. There is nothing wrong with vanilla, but it does not go well with certain things, including but not limited to my stomach.

Oh, I love vanilla whey. Of course, what brand you get is very, very important. Some of them are pretty good, and some of them will destroy your will to live.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You're right Udog.. :laugh: I just thought I WAS pushing myself lately! I thought for sure I was gaining speed and momentum, it really felt like I was doing this faster and faster and really I've been going the same speed the whole time :laugh: :doh: I've never been a fantastic runner, but I DID get first place of all the women and 4th place overall in the 1 mile run in Weight Training class.. so that's a slight boost of confidence.