Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Swelling?

Where is the pain?

Sharp? Or dull and throbbing?
    No on the swelling. Yes on the pain - like having a knife jabbed into my meniscus. Except, you know, not quite THAT bad.

I have plica syndrome, which is why I've been fighting to get back into physical therapy. It was caused by my playing soccer when I was younger, making one side stronger than the other. The difference in strength causes my hip to be slightly tilted, which causes my leg and knee to have to compensate at a weird angle. Over time and as I gained weight and got out of shape, that odd angle caused the plica to get inflammed, and that's where I am now.

I just hadn't had it act up this badly in a long time. To have it happen during the "rest" week is surprising.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    No on the swelling. Yes on the pain - like having a knife jabbed into my meniscus. Except, you know, not quite THAT bad.

I have plica syndrome, which is why I've been fighting to get back into physical therapy. It was caused by my playing soccer when I was younger, making one side stronger than the other. The difference in strength causes my hip to be slightly tilted, which causes my leg and knee to have to compensate at a weird angle. Over time and as I gained weight and got out of shape, that odd angle caused the plica to get inflammed, and that's where I am now.

I just hadn't had it act up this badly in a long time. To have it happen during the "rest" week is surprising.
    Stretch, heat, ice....

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm officially declaring an injury clause. I did get 3/4 workouts done this week, though.

Tomorrow is Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, so I should be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Stretch, heat, ice....

Hahaha! I so had that coming, didn't I?

I've been icing it and taking motrin. Hopefully a good nights rest will have it good enough to work out with by Tuesday when I do Plyo. (If not, I'll take the day off.)

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just got back from the exercise trail in the park. The main stations are pedaling, one is arm pedaling and the other legs. You do it forwards, backwards, forwards, then increase resistance and repeat, with one minute for each round. Most of the rest of the trail is just walking, but I did also stop and do 30 seconds of jumping jacks after the arm station. Oh, there's also the deal where you push the two thingamabobs together with your arms.

Anyway, it felt good, I hadn't done that in awhile, I did it a lot last year during our office weight loss contest that I won.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I just got back from the exercise trail in the park. The main stations are pedaling, one is arm pedaling and the other legs. You do it forwards, backwards, forwards, then increase resistance and repeat, with one minute for each round. Most of the rest of the trail is just walking, but I did also stop and do 30 seconds of jumping jacks after the arm station. Oh, there's also the deal where you push the two thingamabobs together with your arms.

Anyway, it felt good, I hadn't done that in awhile, I did it a lot last year during our office weight loss contest that I won.
    That trail sounds pretty neat, actually. I've been thinking about looking for such trails in my area, since my wooded park is basically closed for the winter. It sounds like a fun workout with a bit of variety.

Plus, it's free. That always helps.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Kyuuei's goals:

PT goals are changing. I'm so burned out from the fall semester, that I need to take things easier. The Army says they'll count it against me if my PT score falls below what I made previously if I try again. Basically: don't try again. I think they just don't want massive amouts of people re-taking because it looks bad on them. We're suppose to have lots of visitors next month, this is probably the cause of it.

So my new goals: Run 3 times a week to maintain my cardio, strength train 3 days a week, and play the Wii fit an hour a day.

My analysis of the Wii Fit: It rocks. Not in the "You'll get buff, and you're working out hard" way, but in the "This is fun, and a good way to move around indoors and be lazy" way. It calculates your weight, BMI, and the calories you burn with each activity. The games, some of them, actually got my heart rate up a bit, and the strength training section definitely is a decent one.

They also have a mode that lets you combine strength, yoga, and games, so you can do them in 7-10 minute segments of each, customize your own sessions, or do random varieties.

In the end, it was pretty fun, it wasn't too strenuous, and it's better than doing a lot of nothing. Definitely fun, but if you're looking for a hard core work out, the Wii Fit isn't your answer to all of life's problems.. but I think anyone who buys it already knows that, so with that said I think it overall rocks.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 17 Begins: I guess there's a holiday or something this week

Thank you to everyone that has replied to my PM. So far, I know that at least half of everyone will be continuing your workouts over the next two weeks. Excellent.

Here are the results for week 16. I'll update the list as I get more results.

Code:
    Name		Cheats 
    Antimony	10
    Clonester	6
    Domino		10
    Elaur		0
    ergophobe	0
    Fidelia		4
    INTJMom		+4
    Jeffster	10
    kelric		10
    Kyuuei		7
    ladypinkington	4
    poppy		5
    Tallulah	7
    Trinity		6
    Udog		1
    Wolfy		10
    Zarathustra	+0

* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness
    And those I haven't heard from yet:
    Jen

May everyone have a great holiday season.
    Last edited by Udog; 12-26-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Updated list

MBTI
    INtP

Another boring update... still on track. Happy holidays everyone -- exercising regularly is a fantastic excuse to pig out a couple times a year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Still doing those shoulder exercises. Some of them are extremely difficult even with 3-lb weights.

The one problem is that the trainer person never told me when to stop.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

1 cheat this week, but still goin'.