• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Zumba

I keep doing my Zumba with Creative Cardio. It's been ages since I've been to my gym, though I said I'd rejoin. I can't make up my mind!

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I'll help with the highjacking. :happy:

This morning: badass workout. HOOAH.

Two days ago: also a badass workout. Hoo-AH.

Both weight lifting sessions. :woot:

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
Great motivational idea. :)

I'm starting a daily workout that I plan to continue for the rest of my life (no joke) just because I don't think there's any excuse not to and even for fit people exercise is a necessary component of emotional health.

I'll be working out 6 days a week no exceptions. The workout itself is a compilation of the the most effective exercises I've been able to find and balanced to cover every muscle with a focus on endurance and having dense, lean muscle including cardio-vascular strength. I know strength training is usually popular for men but I find the only benefit is appearance and for me it doesn't even accomplish that as it's too bulky. In fact, I won't be using any weights at all, it's strictly calisthenic, as this eliminates the possibility of imbalances in either weight-to-rep ratio or muscle groups and is also a more effective in day-to-day needs as a workout is an essentially artificial version of the same thing.

Also, because I won't be using artificial weights I don't have to split the workout up over the week. :) It will be the same thing every day, which sounds boring to some people but to me I prefer to stick to the best and perfect it.

Tomorrow is my first day. I'm starting with a light warm-up stretch, followed by walking and running in interval format, followed by a PT program which consists of a variety of calisthenics covering the whole body. I'll finish with pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and dips in pyramid format, followed by a protein shake, GoLean cereal, and skim milk.

I want to say, let's see how long this lasts, but I'm just gonna kick my butt to do it everyday until it's fun. :D Again, great idea and one I'm glad to be a part of.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday Evening: Zumba/Dancing. 30 Pushups
Sunday: Latin Dance Bootcamp. Walking.

I need to stop being an alchie on my nights at Spicy's. It's just not necessary, even if I fear the dancefloor when it is dead. Just not worth it. Nope nope.
I'll help with the highjacking. :happy:

This morning: badass workout. HOOAH.

Two days ago: also a badass workout. Hoo-AH.

Both weight lifting sessions. :woot:
:biggrin: Awesome! Yay hijacking.
Great motivational idea. :)

I'm starting a daily workout that I plan to continue for the rest of my life (no joke) just because I don't think there's any excuse not to and even for fit people exercise is a necessary component of emotional health.

I'll be working out 6 days a week no exceptions. The workout itself is a compilation of the the most effective exercises I've been able to find and balanced to cover every muscle with a focus on endurance and having dense, lean muscle including cardio-vascular strength. I know strength training is usually popular for men but I find the only benefit is appearance and for me it doesn't even accomplish that as it's too bulky. In fact, I won't be using any weights at all, it's strictly calisthenic, as this eliminates the possibility of imbalances in either weight-to-rep ratio or muscle groups and is also a more effective in day-to-day needs as a workout is an essentially artificial version of the same thing.

Also, because I won't be using artificial weights I don't have to split the workout up over the week. :) It will be the same thing every day, which sounds boring to some people but to me I prefer to stick to the best and perfect it.

Tomorrow is my first day. I'm starting with a light warm-up stretch, followed by walking and running in interval format, followed by a PT program which consists of a variety of calisthenics covering the whole body. I'll finish with pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and dips in pyramid format, followed by a protein shake, GoLean cereal, and skim milk.

I want to say, let's see how long this lasts, but I'm just gonna kick my butt to do it everyday until it's fun. :D Again, great idea and one I'm glad to be a part of.
How has it gone so far?
You're definitely correct about emotional health. I am so much happier since I've been exercising pretty consistently over the past year, especially having found things I enjoy doing. I try not to designate a certain number of days to exercise, because disappointment in one's self can go both ways- either becoming a strong motivator, or a strong source of defeat. Do what works for you, and definitely keep posting in here about it :). Motivation!

wolfy

awsm
I haven't logged any exercise in here for a long time...

Monday: Did overhead presses and chins in the afternoon. Gave a weights lesson (body pump) in the evening.
Tuesday: Did deadlifts and some back work, rowing.
Wednesday: Gave a pump lesson.
Thursday: Gave a stretch lesson and a bodyweight circuit lesson.
Friday: Benched and did some other chest stuff. Stretched for half an hour.
Saturday: Gave a pump lesson and ate tons at a yakiniku restaurant.
Sunday: Lay on the floor watching cartoon network and superbikes.

My weights program template is Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 atm.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Getting back on the bike after 1 week of rest, my joints were feeling achey. 70 miles yesterday, 3000 ft uphill

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Played kick the can with 2 cans and 3 other humans all across town for an hour

Something a little different... Definitely some kind of workout

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I failed at life for a week due to sickly feelings.

Tuesday: Zumba & Zumba Practice

Felt a little like death during yesterday's zumba, but was fine after I took a breather. More tonight, which I'm looking forward to. I'm feeling a bit lazy, but I'm still congested and haven't been eating the healthiest during sick time. A few people complimented me on weight loss in the past two weeks though :D. It made my soul happy, and will be used as motivation.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Zumba

Such a sweaty night, but most of the creative cardio crew was afoot. It felt like home.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Check out Elizabeth Hasselbeck's kick-ass workout.

Impressive! and she has 3 kids to boot

[YOUTUBE="HKzbqpNDS9s"]Elisabeth Hasselback Workout[/YOUTUBE]

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Welp, I took about a week and a half off from working out, and I ate a lot of sugary crap, and it's been hard to motivate myself to start up again. BUT, I did the first P90X workout today, chest and back, plus some light cardio. I'm still going to incorporate the Brazil Butt Lift, b/c I love it and it's working, but it'll be some sort of hybrid.

Ready to get back to eating right and working out. I have felt like a slug. I like getting to the point of realization that being indulgent isn't always fun.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: Zumba Clubbin'
Saturday: Zumba

:biggrin:
Check out Elizabeth Hasselbeck's kick-ass workout.

Impressive! and she has 3 kids to boot

[YOUTUBE="HKzbqpNDS9s"]Elisabeth Hasselback Workout[/YOUTUBE]
Holycrap. Her upper body strength is awesome, and really doesn't look like it would be at the very start of the video.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After much slacking, years of slacking, I am getting back into place. I have been consistently doing 60 push-ups and 100 stomach crunches. At the nadir, I was struggling to do 50 push-ups. My standard was 75 before I stopped.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
P90x Shoulders and Biceps last night. Was sore from the Chest and Back dvd for a couple of days. :smile:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday Evening: Zumba/Dancing
Sunday: --
Monday: --
Tuesday: Zumba & Zumba Practice

Tonight was fantastic. First a regular zumba class, then going over the 'setlist' for Friday's event. While others practiced, a few of us would do the routine along with them. It was like a secondary class :D.

I now know, fairly well, all 6 of the songs I am doing. I don't know how, but I may be doing the most songs out of all of the crew besides the instructors. Not quite sure how that happened, but it makes me feel cool.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: --
Thursday: Zumba Practice

I had to learn a 7th song tonight, as someone else can't attend tomorrow. It went well :yes:. I am now pretty comfortable in all of my parts. I just need to remember when to go up for said songs, as they aren't consecutive.

:biggrin:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: Zumba Afterglow

:yay:
It went so well. A few slight hiccups, but awesome. I didn't go all out during the songs other people did, but definitely got my workout and had an awesome time.