• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think the Slow Carb diet is for me. It's the cheat days. I feel like utter crap the second I gorge out on my first goodie, and from there the day is pretty much blown. Plus, I'm yo-yoing pretty severely on the cheat day. I'll lose 3-4 pounds during the week (much of this is likely water), and then regain 3 of it back after the cheat day. So the first 4 or 5 days each week is devoted to relosing that 3-4 pounds, and I'm only really breaking new ground 1 or 2 days a week.

Overall, I'm down about 2 or 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Not bad, but not worth feeling like crap 1 day a week.

I've been working out 4 times a week. Both Saturdays were blown because they were cheat days, and I just didn't have the energy to do an intense cardio workout after breakfast.

Time to go back to my old diet, or figure out something new.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hmm, interdasting...

I don't ACTUALLY get myself sick, I sort of assumed the writer was just exercising some poetic license. But what I found interesting was your earlier post about how different body types react to carbs differently and perhaps this is one of those situations. Having that drastic a swing and gaining it all back on that one day is pretty crazy. I suppose you could always skip the cheat day, but I've found for me at least it's psychologically impossible, haha.

I will add, that I don't eat the beans on this at all. I don't lose much at all when I do. But yeah, even from the comments in the article I don't think it works for everybody for some reason. That's sort of the fun of these for me. Find what works. Scrap what doesn't. Body hack away.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, there's no way I would continue this diet without the cheat day! Hah.

I may very well overdo it on the cheat day, which might be part of the problem. Although for breakfast, I'll just have my usual omelet with veggies and cheese and just add a couple of pancakes and 2 small cookies, and that's enough to throw my energy off. I think after being good all week my body doesn't know what to do with all the sugar.

Interesting thing about the beans. I'm eating about 3-4 cans a week, spread out, which is the first time I've ever eaten so many. There might be something to that. *ponders*

I actually still have my meal plan from when I did the Atkin's diet induction phase, so that might be my next step. I remember that not eating any junk for 2 weeks was initially tough, but before too long I quit craving it, and shortly after that those foods became so sweet they were almost sickening.

Gonna think on it. Until then, I'm going to treat myself to Five Guys tonight, attend a party at a fancy buffet on Thursday, and remove my cheat day. Other than that, I think I'll continue the current diet for now. I've already purchased all the food, so might as well eat it!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, so I've been doing some reading, and I think I'm going to try P90x instead of Insanity. I need to build muscle, and Insanity is a whole lot of cardio. It sounds like a fair few women do P90x, build muscle and endurance, then do Insanity to get that last little layer of fat that covers the muscles. My sister's doing P90x, so I'll have a workout buddy. I kind of have this desire to see what kind of shape I could get in, with dedication. My whole life, I've always watched what I ate and exercised enough to stay thin--but I have never pushed myself to get in great shape.

Meanwhile, I'm also still having a great time skating and doing yoga.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Slacked during the week, but that's just fine.

Saturday: Zumba

I found my old pilates mat for latin dance boot camp tomorrow morning. I have to bust out 40 pushups before the night is over. We have '10 pushup per day homework' for said class. Happy times!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday: Latin Dance Boot Camp

I did my pushups last night- somewhat shoddily, but arm strength is a process :tongue:. LDBC was good. We used the resistance bands a bit, but I'm still hesitant with them for the moment. My booty and thighs are absolutely killing me as of the past two days, but in a good way.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good luck! Just remember to take it really easy that first week, or you will be super, super sore. What's the hybrid of the P90x? Are you just going to do specific routines from P90x?

Diet and exercise are in a momentary stasis for me, so nothing to report on my end.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Update, I actually am exercising a couple of times a week.. the exercise is boring and posting about it feels boring, but I probably should anyway.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Good luck! Just remember to take it really easy that first week, or you will be super, super sore. What's the hybrid of the P90x? Are you just going to do specific routines from P90x?

Diet and exercise are in a momentary stasis for me, so nothing to report on my end.

I'm going to incorporate the upper body stuff from p90X and then the lower body stuff from the Brazil Butt Lift. Been doing BBL since yesterday, and am super sore! I think it's gonna do good things, though! It's a really fun, if tough, workout. Will probably wait to start the p90x stuff until I have a solid hold on the BBL stuff.

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to incorporate the upper body stuff from p90X and then the lower body stuff from the Brazil Butt Lift. Been doing BBL since yesterday, and am super sore! I think it's gonna do good things, though! It's a really fun, if tough, workout. Will probably wait to start the p90x stuff until I have a solid hold on the BBL stuff.

Sounds good. It definitely looks like a good high intensity type of workout, and some of the body-weight exercises do look quite devious! Yeah, it sounds like a pretty good workout.

Oh, and definitely take some before and after pictures! It's fun to compare, and sometimes you don't really notice how much your body is transforming until you compare a picture you just took to a picture you made 3 months ago.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: Zumba - 80's Afterglow

Hour and a half of bopping about, zumba-style, to various 80's songs = awesome. The next one is going to be broadway themed. I'll actually be a part of the making of that one! :biggrin:
I've not been home for some of the week, so I've had to slack on my exercise. Not sure when I'm rejoining my gym. I can take approx 4 zumba classes a week with my favorite instructor, which is nearly 80$ a month. A gym membership would give me some additional days and other options, but would be an additional 50$ a month.
I don't know why I'm hesitant. My health and fitness is ridiculously important, and worth spending on. Hohum

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Saturday: --

Today's class was good. I nearly missed it by being lazy, but got up and out of the house in time :yes:. My calves hurt when I press on them, which is odd, and likely from Zumba-ing barefoot on Friday. We'll see what is sore tomorrow!

Also, debating going to an early pilates class with one of my zumba instructors. Need to see if I have her number floating around to text her in the morning.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Did my BBL workouts four days this week, and they're really kicking my butt--but they're getting more manageable, and at my gig last night, I felt like I had more energy than usual onstage. The second week is gonna KILL me, though! Three days of the sculpting workout, with cardio and a shorter sculpting workout in between.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Monday: --
Tuesday: Zumba

I'll definitely need to shower if I tan before Zumba. Sweat + lotion = slimy unhappiness :laugh:. Otherwise, it's going swimmingly!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: --
Thursday: Zumba

Definitely needed my booty-shaking-break from this philosophy essay :yes:. Zen!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba

Tonight I'm headed to dance my butt off with the zumba people when they DJ again. I think it will be about.. 4 hours of dancing :yay:. Same goes for tomorrow night and monday night, as long as the boardwalk doesn't frighten me away

Oh, I'm also working on doing 100 pushups tonight. I'm sure many will be ill-done :tongue:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel like I'm hijacking the thread lol. Kiddies, work it out! :yes:

Saturday Evening: Zumba/Dancing. 100 modified pushups

Oh my body is sore. I danced for 3 hours, give or take, last night. It was awesome. Doing it again tonight :biggrin:. I'm also doing a routine with one of my instructors and another girl for one of the songs. I'm afraid of the tiny stage, but it should go well.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday Evening: Zumba/Dancing
Monday Evening: Zumba/Dancing
Tuesday: Zumba

:) The routine went quite well. We're supposed to pose at the end, which I need to work on. The majority of dancing Monday night was with a puerto rican guy, which was my first adventure into partner-dancing.