User Tag List

First 57107147155156157158159167207257 Last

Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3324

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thanks to everyone in the thread who makes it easier to work hard because you're not alone. And special thanks to Udog for starting it
    *raises glass of diet Champaign for the occasion* Indeed!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, thanks to everyone in the thread who makes it easier to work hard because you're not alone. And special thanks to Udog for starting it
    *raises protein shake*

... I just finished my leg workout.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Thankees Biax, Udog, Wolfy and mysterious complimentary repman for your comments. I spoke to the girl who runs my boxing class when it finished tonight and it was so freaken easy and painless, I told her I wanted to pull out of the floor classes cause I only ever wanted to do reformer but no one seemed to want that to happen, she said sure but she'd speak to one of the girls who runs some of the classes first, 2 second conversation with her and I'm in a reformer class on Saturday...

Wait, that doesn't quite cover it...

MBTI
    INTJ

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Thankees Biax, Udog, Wolfy and mysterious complimentary repman for your comments. I spoke to the girl who runs my boxing class when it finished tonight and it was so freaken easy and painless, I told her I wanted to pull out of the floor classes cause I only ever wanted to do reformer but no one seemed to want that to happen, she said sure but she'd speak to one of the girls who runs some of the classes first, 2 second conversation with her and I'm in a reformer class on Saturday...

tee-hee!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

See what all that flirting with me will get you?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Agreed, although I've been lame lately I still greatly appreciate all the hard work he puts into it and hearing everyone trying to get a little better at this working out thing.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Does hanging out with fam count as working out? I didnt get around to anything tonight, had errands to run with the sisters.

I'll be lazy tomorrow, work all day friday, sat, and sunday, and then recover monday and be back on track monday evening with my weight training class's workout.
    Time to use that vacation clause! Weeks like this is what it is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm so confused.

So I was working out for two months at the beginning, and there was no change.

Then, suddenly, within the span of about a week, I lost 5 lbs.

It's been a month since then. I've kept off those 5 lbs but I haven't lost any since then, either. And don't give me any of that crap about jeans fitting looser. They haven't since that week.

What the hell is going on.
    Alot of things could have happened, including the fact that it was a more gradual loss than you realize. What matters is that it's staying off.

Did you do anything differently during that two week span (the week of and the week or two before) compared to the rest of your workout?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I haven't reported in lately (though I continue to exercise almost every day).

30 m on the stationary bike, 45 m walking, plus weighted exercises and calisthenics. Enough to sweat through my shirt. Go me!
    Hah, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    So I was sick today. I even had a fever! That would explain the sitting around yesterday. So I missed yesterday and today, pretty sure I'll miss tomorrow.
    Damn, what rotten timing. I hope you are feeling better today.

Cuz afterall, you gotta get in the kitchen and make the men some food!!

*raises glass of diet Champaign for the occasion* Indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    *raises protein shake*

... I just finished my leg workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Amen!
    Thanks guys. *raises Eggnog*

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Agreed, although I've been lame lately I still greatly appreciate all the hard work he puts into it and hearing everyone trying to get a little better at this working out thing.
    Hey, but you are still trying. You haven't given up yet, and that's what is really important! We all have our slack stages.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Alot of things could have happened, including the fact that it was a more gradual loss than you realize. What matters is that it's staying off.

Did you do anything differently during that two week span (the week of and the week or two before) compared to the rest of your workout?
    Nope, nothing.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Nope, nothing.

Just FYI. Doing too much can cause you to stop losing weight, gaining muscle, etc.

It's called over-training. Doing too much, to soon, can be just as bad as doing nothing.

Perhaps your teacher has pushed you into over-training.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Oh, I missed my P90X workout yesterday, and will miss it today. (I overslept, and now I don't have the 1.5+ hours to do the Yoga routine before I head out.)

I'll be able to do Friday and Saturday's, but since I was unable to complete Plyo on Tuesday, I'll need a cheat.

Nope, nothing.
    Hmm.... Strange. 5 pounds in one week is pretty extreme, and you don't generally 'accidentally' lose that much weight in such a short period of time. Which is why I think you actually lost it over 2-3 weeks, and water masked it. Then you sweated off the water, and now you are stable again.

For some reason, I suspect you'll have better progress once you can exercise at home, after your class ends.

If you log your food for a week (like how Poppy does, although more detail is welcome) and post it, I'll be happy to take a look at it. That might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Just FYI. Doing too much can cause you to stop losing weight, gaining muscle, etc.

It's called over-training. Doing too much, to soon, can be just as bad as doing nothing.

Perhaps your teacher has pushed you into over-training.
    Edit: Yes, this. I can see this being a possibility.
    Last edited by Udog; 11-26-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Edited my post - cuz I think Biax is onto something.