• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since I'm way to sore to do much of anything, I just went for a 1 hour 15 minute walk today.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wednesday: Folk Dance

I was supposed to Zumba, but it didn't work out due to transportation to a further zumba-destination. There will be Zumba for the next 3-4 nights, however :yes:.
Edit: Legs also quite sore. Oh, taebo lol.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2 nights of my Martial Arts class. Like I said, it's not a terribly vigorous class, tried to suppliment it by jumping rope to warm up. I need to do my bodyweight routine tonight.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We skipped the gym last night because I had to leave at 6 for dinner with the girls. On the plus side, I ate fewer calories than normal yesterday without even trying.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lower body 2 completed: two different squat variations (at around 3 sets each) followed by 2 lunge variations (at 3 sets each). It's actually probably the easiest of the 4 workouts during Phase I.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thursday: Zumba

Tonight one of the instructors, Melissa, had me join her on their stage for a song. :) I felt out of sorts, but rocked it out to the best of my ability.
Debating getting some Zigtech sneakers in the not-so-far future.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today's exercise finished off with a super set where I had to do alternate between push-ups and reverse push-ups (http://www.youtube.com/user/PrecisionNutrition#p/search/0/AieemUu737Y), going as quickly as I could until I reached 50 reps of both. It literally killed me. Yes, literally. I am now dead and have been reanimated into a zombie.

So if you will excuse me, I must now go eat my post workout meal of brains. It's chock full of healthy fats, proteins and carbs!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: --
Saturday: Zumba 9am. Zumba 5pm

Yea, I'm preemptive lol. I also forgot how rejuvenating it i to Zumba at 9am. The problem is just waking up enough to drag my butt out of bed and out of the house :tongue:.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It only took me 5 months to break 260 pounds from 263.4, but I finally did it. Now it's time to chase after the 250 mark...

Also, I sort of did the P90X Kenpo workout. I didn't eat breakfast before starting, so it definitely wasn't the best workout of my life. Still, that's 1 week down and 3 more to go.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It only took me 5 months to break 260 pounds from 263.4, but I finally did it. Now it's time to chase after the 250 mark...

Also, I sort of did the P90X Kenpo workout. I didn't eat breakfast before starting, so it definitely wasn't the best workout of my life. Still, that's 1 week down and 3 more to go.

Way to go, man. Going in the right direction is what counts, no matter how slow the progress.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Today's exercise finished off with a super set where I had to do alternate between push-ups and reverse push-ups (http://www.youtube.com/user/PrecisionNutrition#p/search/0/AieemUu737Y), going as quickly as I could until I reached 50 reps of both. It literally killed me. Yes, literally. I am now dead and have been reanimated into a zombie.

So if you will excuse me, I must now go eat my post workout meal of brains. It's chock full of healthy fats, proteins and carbs!

Lol :laugh:

Friday I really did not feel like going to the gym, but luckily my spouse was more motivated than I was, so we went. Elliptical+weights and stretching.

Planning on the gym on Monday, and possibly Irish dancing on Wednesday!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday: Zumba

Last night's Zumba was a reminder of why I haven't been fond of the Sat 5pm class for a good number of months. It's too.. white. I don't work my hardest, I don't sweat enough/feel it enough in the class even when I do, and it's not a class I can zen out in.
This morning's Zumba.. had me sweating good in under 3 songs. The vibe was there. It was a great way to start off my day, especially with Easter yumyums on the agenda :tongue:.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Impressive, Beargryllz!

Lower Body 1 workout completed. While I was exercising, I thought of an awesome slogan for a new gym: "Come for the dumbells, and stay for the dumb belles." :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
:facepalm: and grooooan :p

Hi Udog! I have been doing my own regimen and I lost 8 pounds, at least another 8 pounds to go. I'm doing super low carb high protein high 'good fat' diet, technically 'ketogenic'. Just me and the bodybuilders. LOL. I eat lots of eggs and cheese and more coconut oil than I think most of the US population. I gave up trying to eat 'low carb' baked goods, because they are truly, truly disgusting.

This works though! So not complaining. :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey CzeCze. :)

Yeah, the low carb baked goods are really bad. It's just so much better to go with natural, whole foods if you are going to go the low carb way. At least, in my opinion. So are you specifically following Atkins? You know - I had some very good success while I was on the Atkins diet. While I'm not a fan of the Induction Phase, overall I think it's actually one of the better commercial diets out there.

And congrats on getting half-way to your goal!

Oh, and I completed my upper body 2 workout.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Monday: --
Tuesday: Walking

My booty hurts. Probably from all of the zumba-ing over the weekend :yes:.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Went on my first run in 2 years yesterday.

Hopefully I can get back in the habit of running everyday.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Congrats, Disco. It's been probably 3 or 4 years since I last ran. Once I get to around 230 or so I'll try to start doing some jogging again.

Anyway, I did the P90X Plyometric workout... through sheer, awesome, unbridled willpower and perhaps a heaping smidgen of cheating, I managed to get through the whole thing.

One thing I love about a very challenging workout is that it forces you to concentrate fully on your body and what you are doing. If your mind wonders for even a second, your form and the quality of your workout suffers. As someone who has a bit of a tendency to let my mind wonder, it's a great way to practice learning how to maintain presence in the moment.