User Tag List

First 55105145153154155156157165205255 Last

Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3324

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    That's generally what I believe, but I found myself growing frustrated as I worked my butt off all week, only to discover I gained 3 pounds. Was it water over a careless meal? Was I eating too much? I had no clue. So I decided to weigh in more frequently so I can keep a closer eye on how my diet affects my weight. If I ate like crap on Saturday and gained 3 pounds, I knew it had to be mostly water.

Since I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight (current goal is around 70 pounds), keeping an eye on the scale is still a worthy marker for me, I think. However, I seem to still be slowly but steadily losing notches in my belt, so I know I'm still losing at least some fat.
    I'll say it again. Expect to gain some weight. And lose fat. You can lose fat and yet weigh more. Muscle weighs more, and burns more energy, and being a novice means you gain muscle easier. The fat will come off, just don't expect to weigh less as quickly. It's better to be a lean 260 than a fat 240.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    TOTAL:
    Eating: not too bad
    Exercise: 3/3

Had a lot of lower back pain in the beginning of the week, so I didn't try any strenuous exercise, just walked around for the most part. I tried to stay fairly active (taking the stairs, etc). I'm hoping to get back into jogging because I think my yoga routine might have been a factor in my back pain.
    Thank you for the update.

Yoga is pretty tough. In fact, of all the workouts that I'm doing, Yoga brutalizes me more than anything else. I'm a regular Stiffy McStiffington.

Was it just sore back pain, or stabbing back pain?

MBTI
    INTJ

I had another workout today... sore all over.
    My Achilles tendon is still a little tender, too.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 13 Begins, and Holiday Season Commences

Since it's Thanksgiving in the US this week, I won't be hounding anyone for exercise results. This week. Expect me to be back next week.

One important note: I won't be adding anyone to the list after November 30th. That's the 3 month mark, and I figure it's a pretty good cut off point. A 3 month challenge is still pretty significant, and is enough time to make some amazing body transformations.

As always, anyone is will be welcome to post or ask questions at any time though.

Here are the results for Week 12.

Code:
    Name		Cheats 
    Cenomite	+0
    Clonester	7
    Elaur		+0
    ergophobe	1
    Fidelia		7
    INTJMom		+1
    Kyuuei		8
    PinkPiranha	10
    poppy		5
    Tallulah	7
    Trinity		6
    Udog		3
    Wolfy		10

* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness
    Who I haven't heard from yet:
    Antimony
    Blackcat
    Jeffster
    Jen
    kelric
    ladypinkington
    nynesneg

For those that are curious, what I basically do is send a PM if I don't hear from you. If I don't get a response, and after about 3 weeks of inactivity, I drop the name from the list.
    Last edited by Udog; 11-30-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Updated List

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I got a reminder that if you eat like crap, you exercise like crap. I ate my fool heart out at the potluck today, had dessert, and then 6 hours later decided to try my Plyometrics workout. Needless to say, I only made it about half way through before my legs gave up on me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ QFT.

I did some fun therapy exercises with my mom to encourage her physical therapy sessions at home on monday, and I did yardwork. Today I did some hardcore cleaning between classes. Tomorrow I plan to go hunt down a fun DVD to try, and finish up the yard work outside.

I've been eating pretty lousy the last couple days, to be honest. I'll correct this tomorrow and get back on a nicer regime when I get time to grocery shop.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Walked .8 miles to school

Did sun salutes to ward off the evil that is Jillian Michaels.

I'm pretty sure my gym teacher thinks I'm crazy.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

Seems like you got your wish! I'm so sorry to hear that you won't be able to continue participating in the challenge anymore.

It was pretty bad for you guys with Simms in there, and not much better with Orton, but definitely better. I'm surprised the lines for the Chargers played as well as they did on both sides. It's the best they've played all year (which isn't saying much).

And I made my week last week. I thought I posted already but maybe not. Been crazy busy lately.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Who I haven't heard from yet:
    Trinity
    Still doing my 3 classes per week, boxing/pilates, but getting frustrated by the people running them. When I joined I was told I'd need to do about 6 floor Pilates classes to see where I was at and make sure I had the right technique before I could go on to reformer, which is all I ever wanted to do, I've done more than 6 classes and now whenever I ask about it I get fobbed off and it's all of a sudden 6-12 classes with no explanation :steam: I can see a relationship here between me buying 10 classes up front and my being fobbed off.

Getting really frustrated by the lack of results and how basic it is

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Still doing my 3 classes per week, boxing/pilates, but getting frustrated by the people running them. When I joined I was told I'd need to do about 6 floor Pilates classes to see where I was at and make sure I had the right technique before I could go on to reformer, which is all I ever wanted to do, I've done more than 6 classes and now whenever I ask about it I get fobbed off and it's all of a sudden 6-12 classes with no explanation :steam: I can see a relationship here between me buying 10 classes up front and my being fobbed off.

Getting really frustrated by the lack of results and how basic it is
    Time to move to something more advanced then. They want to make money off you. So of course they are going to do what is easiest for them.