User Tag List

First 54104144152153154155156164204254 Last

Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3324

MBTI
    ENTP

Results for week 1:
    - Worked out 3 times with generic jogging (missed a day due to random stomach crappiness)
    - Kept a fairly healthy diet. Still trying to get into the swing of it, and coming home for thanksgiving definitely isn't helping. I've had a dunkin donuts muffin or two, but nothing horrible. Been keeping good for the most part.

Goals for week 2:
    - Start trying the interval training and metabolic strength training wolfy mentioned to me
    - Eat even less shitty food

I consider this more of a "getting started" week than a real workout week.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I walked for about 30 minutes.

I don't seem to have gained any weight during my illness. I guess this is good.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Still sticking with it. Lost another pound. Down to 158 for the first time in a long time. Hoping to improve at eating lunch regularly (usually am too busy).

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Last week:
    11/16
    Almonds and an egg salad sandwich with lettuce, cucumber and a side of sun chips for lunch. Dinner was a corncake with salsa and sour cream. Also had gelato and almonds.
    Eating: good
    Exercise: no

11/17
    Cornbread for breakfast, snacked on some almonds and licorice. Lunch was a piece of fried chicken and a few onion rings. Also had an odwalla protein thing. Later on ate half an order of eggs benedict and hash browns. Walked around for about an hour.
    Eating: low quality, good amount
    Exercise: 1 hour

11/18
    Had stewed squash+zucchini and a glass of soymilk for lunch. Munched on some fresh locally grown strawberries. Walked around for a few hours. Had veggies, potatoes, and frozen yogurt with candy in it for dinner. Ate some buttered toast later.
    Exercise: 2 hours

11/19
    Muffin for breakfast, half an egg salad and veggie sandwich (plus chips and carrots) for lunch, and succotash and frozen yogurt for dinner. Also snacked on some granola.

11/20
    A handful of almonds for breakfast and some fried chicken strips for lunch. Got a grilled sandwich and fries for dinner.
    Eating: not great, lots of fried food

11/21
    Had a hotdog with goat cheese for lunch, pasta for dinner, and snacked on chips and cookies later. Drank a ton of soda. My friends and I ran around in the woods with makeshift guns for about 20 minutes.
    Eating: ok, except for the soda
    Exercise: 20 min

11/22
    Had a frozen glazed doughnut for breakfast, ate some almonds and granola for lunch. Green bean casserole and stuffing for dinner.

TOTAL:
    Eating: not too bad
    Exercise: 3/3

Had a lot of lower back pain in the beginning of the week, so I didn't try any strenuous exercise, just walked around for the most part. I tried to stay fairly active (taking the stairs, etc). I'm hoping to get back into jogging because I think my yoga routine might have been a factor in my back pain.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Went to the gym. Upper body.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Weekly report goes up tomorrow. (Technically later today.) Please be sure to let us know what you did, if you haven't already!

Did my workout for today (Back and Chest). Barely. I came thisclose to skipping it. My diet has been crap since Sunday afternoon, and I'm hoping to get it back on track with that tomorrow.

My weight has been fluctuating rather dramatically the past 2 weeks, with a 4 pound variance. I'm pretty sure the trend is downward, but it's hard for me to make any sure-fire conclusions just yet.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    My weight has been fluctuating rather dramatically the past 2 weeks, with a 4 pound variance. I'm pretty sure the trend is downward, but it's hard for me to make any sure-fire conclusions just yet.
    Water weight. Eat reasonable and it will even out.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Water weight. Eat reasonable and it will even out.
    That's alot to ask during the week of Thanksgiving! However, lunch today and dinner Thursday should be my only two cheat meals.

(I'm cooking some sweet and spicy meatballs in a crockpot for the Thanksgiving luncheon today. The smell is killing me! )

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    That's alot to ask during the week of Thanksgiving! However, lunch today and dinner Thursday should be my only two cheat meals.

(I'm cooking some sweet and spicy meatballs in a crockpot for the Thanksgiving luncheon today. The smell is killing me! )
    Then don't worry about it. Don't weigh yourself till the weekend, or wait till next week.

Personally, I think hovering over a scale, checking your weight every day or so, is a recipe for failure. Being critical while looking in a mirror, or observing how clothing fits, are better ways to determine if you lose fat.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Then don't worry about it. Don't weigh yourself till the weekend, or wait till next week.

Personally, I think hovering over a scale, checking your weight every day or so, is a recipe for failure. Being critical while looking in a mirror, or observing how clothing fits, are better ways to determine if you lose fat.
    That's generally what I believe, but I found myself growing frustrated as I worked my butt off all week, only to discover I gained 3 pounds. Was it water over a careless meal? Was I eating too much? I had no clue. So I decided to weigh in more frequently so I can keep a closer eye on how my diet affects my weight. If I ate like crap on Saturday and gained 3 pounds, I knew it had to be mostly water.

Since I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight (current goal is around 70 pounds), keeping an eye on the scale is still a worthy marker for me, I think. However, I seem to still be slowly but steadily losing notches in my belt, so I know I'm still losing at least some fat.