User Tag List

First 4999139147148149150151159199249 Last

Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3324

How many hours do you sleep?
    Do you go to bed before midnight? (it is 3am here)

There is no such thing as conserving energy. Spend it and you'll get more in return.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yes, well, it wasn't working that way for me. I had no energy. Maybe its the vegetarian, I'm not sure, but I was falling asleep in the middle of the day.

Are you getting enough protein now? How many times do you eat a day? What time do you get sleepy?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yes, well, it wasn't working that way for me. I had no energy. Maybe its the vegetarian, I'm not sure, but I was falling asleep in the middle of the day.
    Did you have the energy issues before you switched your diet? (I don't remember you commenting on that.)

Instead of it being just protein intake, my *first* concern is whether or not you are getting enough calories. Veggies are very filling, but very low calorie. So do you have any idea how many calories you are eating each day?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    My holiday tip: Reduced portions. Try everything you wanna try, just put on your plate smaller amounts than you're used to. That way, you get to eat all the stuff everyone cooked, but you're not eating yourself silly. I don't worry too much about what it is I intake, but if I want more food I make sure it's the healthier things being increased (vegetables and such). Eating smaller amounts and slowing down your consumption a bit usually gets me through alright.
    Good tip - thanks! Taking a break in between your first, second, and fifth servings will also reduce the amount you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    11/12
    Croissant and coffee for breakfast, a dinner of scrambled eggs, spinach, potatoes and a really sweet cookie. Did about 15 minutes of mixed yoga and dancing around (my repetoire now includes skanking and the jerk).
    Eating: good
    Exercise: 15 min

TOTAL:
    Eating: ok
    Exercise: 1.5/3
    Cheat Day -1
    Thank you for the update. Also, you should make a tape called "Skank yourself to health"

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Any ideas for what I could bring to school as protein without having to lug around an ice pack with it? The only thing I can think of is like, peanuts.
    Nuts and seeds. I like to make a mix that has equal parts raw almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pecans. I add some pumpkin seeds to that (they don't taste great, but have good protein). After that, I mix it up some. Dried cranberries and raisins give it some sweetness and counter the dryness of the nuts. Dried bananas and a bit of dark chocolate give it a dessert quality while still keeping it at least fairly healthy.

You can do better than peanuts, health wise.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Sadly, Krav Maga class ended today with the last day of instruction. Thanksgiving, registration, and finals followed by Holiday break coming up, so the class ended today. It was a good day though, reviewing all the stance and choke techniques learned throughout it. Spring sessions will begin in January sometime. I'll be there.

Aerobics class we had teams sports day, where we had to play 'Chinese soccer'. Our team lost, but I'm convinced we would have won if they hadn't cheated on an earlier point that was counted. Oh well. It was a fun class.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sadly, Krav Maga class ended today with the last day of instruction. Thanksgiving, registration, and finals followed by Holiday break coming up, so the class ended today. It was a good day though, reviewing all the stance and choke techniques learned throughout it. Spring sessions will begin in January sometime. I'll be there.

Aerobics class we had teams sports day, where we had to play 'Chinese soccer'. Our team lost, but I'm convinced we would have won if they hadn't cheated on an earlier point that was counted. Oh well. It was a fun class.
    Congrats on pursuing Krav Maga. Undoubtedly the most brutal of the martial arts!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Why thank you I've been having a lot of fun with the class, and I wrote an evaluation for the instructor coming from an inexperienced person in the combatives field.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Hi Udog,

Just reporting in. Have done my workouts. Fell off the wagon for eating regular meals. Problem was not cooking ahead of time for lunches and less routine generally. Will fix this week.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Just dropping in to say that I've finished Day 9 of the P90X. Polymetrics again. My technique was much better this time. I thought I was doing really well until the guy said, "Great job guys! We are half way through!" Then I fainted.

Not really. But I wanted to.

MBTI
    INTx

Medications have helped! I now wake up without feeling exhausted. Unfortunately I think I'll require an air purification device to get back to 100% but I'm doing workouts again.

To get back into things, I've taken to bodyweight exercises. Burpees in particular. If you haven't tried doing these yet I'd recommend it. They are far more demanding than I expected. Today I attempted to do decending sets starting at 12 (so 12, then 11, then 10, then 9, etc.) but only got down to 8 before I was borderline puking from the exertion.