Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3324

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

P90X 6/90: Kenpo X

Not much to report here - just a cardio workout that involved punches, kicks, and blocks. Pretty solid stuff. I used my heart rate monitor for the first time today, and it proved really helpful. There were a couple of times I was above my 135-165 target heart rate, and took an extra break. A couple of other times, I was about to rest and noticed I was only at 150 bpm, and decided to kick it up just a bit longer.

Oh - this concludes week 1. Tomorrow is a rest or stretch day. I'll likely go for the stretching, because I am sooooooooooooooore.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think that I'm gonna jump in late. I have a gut that I need to be rid of!

I don't know what the specific procedure we're supposed to follow is, so for now, if I bitch out and eat something bad or don't go to the gym, I'll post about it here so you can all give me shit . I think that having a bunch of people who will call me a bitch if I slack off is the best motivation that there is for me.

Question: Do people usually post after every time they exercise? I saw in the OP that you should post the exercises you do, but I don't want to flood the thread.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    I think that I'm gonna jump in late. I have a gut that I need to be rid of!

I don't know what the specific procedure we're supposed to follow is, so for now, if I bitch out and eat something bad or don't go to the gym, I'll post about it here so you can all give me shit . I think that having a bunch of people who will call me a bitch if I slack off is the best motivation that there is for me.

Question: Do people usually post after every time they exercise? I saw in the OP that you should post the exercises you do, but I don't want to flood the thread.
    Hey Cenomite! Welcome!

Basically, it's up to you to choose the exercise/eating/etc. that you want to do.
    We're just here to cheer you on and give you someone to be accountable to.
    Some people choose to report at the end of the week.
    Some people choose to report each time they reach their goal.
    For instance, it's my goal to exercise 3 times per week, and I choose to report in, 3 times per week, after I do my exercises for the day.
    It doesn't matter to UDog except that he's keeping track of how many "cheats" each person uses, so that he can give out the prize at the end.

Speaking of which... I guess I'll go do mine now, so I don't have to use a cheat for today.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hey Cenomite! Welcome!

Basically, it's up to you to choose the exercise/eating/etc. that you want to do.
    We're just here to cheer you on and give you someone to be accountable to.
    Some people choose to report at the end of the week.
    Some people choose to report each time they reach their goal.
    For instance, it's my goal to exercise 3 times per week, and I choose to report in, 3 times per week, after I do my exercises for the day.
    It doesn't matter to UDog except that he's keeping track of how many "cheats" each person uses, so that he can give out the prize at the end.

Speaking of which... I guess I'll go do mine now, so I don't have to use a cheat for today.
    Thanks for the welcome, and for the info! It's good for me to have someone to be accountable to. I could count the number of decent things I've accomplished without anyone to answer to on one mutated, few-fingered hand. It's the P, I just can't help it

Alright I like the posting whenever you achieve a goal or at the week idea. I'll just combine them, and make weekly goals :P

Goals:
    - Go to the gym on all Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. (This can be for 30 minutes or cardio, or weightlifting).
    - No more generic fast-food (McDonald's, BK, etc). Limit eating out to once every 2 weeks most.
    - Eat at least 2 good, non ultra-processed or fattening meals every day
    - Bike somewhere more than 15 minutes away one-way at least twice a week.

Starting small for now, I'll work my way up if I manage to keep this going. Things like the small biking goal are more to get me into the rhythm of living a more healthy life-style (I almost gagged on my own pompousness when I said "healthy life-style, ugh buzzwords :P).

I can't wait to get started next week, it's gonna be awesome.

MBTI
    ENFJ

This morning I woke up with the other shoulder sore, too.

And I had to practice viola. 30 minutes. It was terrible.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks for the welcome, and for the info! It's good for me to have someone to be accountable to. I could count the number of decent things I've accomplished without anyone to answer to on one mutated, few-fingered hand. It's the P, I just can't help it

Alright I like the posting whenever you achieve a goal or at the week idea. I'll just combine them, and make weekly goals :P

Goals:
    - Go to the gym on all Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. (This can be for 30 minutes or cardio, or weightlifting).
    - No more generic fast-food (McDonald's, BK, etc). Limit eating out to once every 2 weeks most.

Starting small for now, I'll work my way up if I manage to keep this going. Things like the small biking goal are more to get me into the rhythm of living a more healthy life-style (I almost gagged on my own pompousness when I said "healthy life-style, ugh buzzwords :P).

Good for you!
    Those sounds like excellent goals!

And I've just finished my exercises for today!
    Which means I did my 3 days for the week!
    It's a lot harder at night than it is in the morning!
    For me, anyway.

MBTI
    ENTP

Awesome! Rock on

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Goals:

Hey Cenomite, welcome to the thread!

Yeah, I'll be happy to put your name in the list if you'd like. (I'll be up for taking new people until the end of this month. That's the halfway marker.) Mom covered the bases, but yeah - you can either report at the end of the week OR as you complete the exercises. Whichever you prefer. As far as I can tell, hearing about people exercising is only inspiring others to exercise, so I wouldn't feel bad about the daily reports.

Alternatively, you can just participate in this thread, minus me checking up on you. We have several people doing that, and that's fine too! It depends on if you find my checking up on you helpful or annoying.

Just let me know which you prefer. If you would like to be listed, then I'll count your admirable goals as exercising 4x a week. As far as your fast food goals, you may find it difficult to give it up all at once. If you fail on that particular avenue, keep up at it. It took me 4 months to get my diet on track, but my persistence has paid off. Don't let bad weeks sabotage your efforts!

Good for you!
    Those sounds like excellent goals!

It's a lot harder at night than it is in the morning!
    For me, anyway.
    Excellent job! And I agree about the night vs day thing. It depends on the person, but you have to keep in mind that by the end of the day, your body has already been through alot. First thing in the morning, it's fresh from a night of sleep.

I've noticed my exercises are generally better in the morning as well, assuming I got at least 6.5 hours of sleep.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, I wouldn't mind being checked up on. If anything it would keep me in check. Stick my name on that list then :P.

Also thanks for the words about the diet. Honestly the diet is what's been keeping my motivation down to start this whole thing, it's so annoying to eat healthy. I gotta suck it up though.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I wouldn't mind being checked up on. If anything it would keep me in check. Stick my name on that list then :P.

Also thanks for the words about the diet. Honestly the diet is what's been keeping my motivation down to start this whole thing, it's so annoying to eat healthy. I gotta suck it up though.
    I'll be watching....