Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 3324

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 11 Begins: Time to stay warm in the approaching cold

Another week of exercises done. This week we can look forward to one of our fearless leaders, Trinity, starting a boxing class. So remember to be nice to her unless you want to get beaten up, killed, or even worse, banned.

As the cold approaches, please remember to do your warm-ups before exercising! It's much better to spend 5-10 minutes doing light cardio and stretching to loosen those muscles than it is to lose a week or more from an injury.

Anyway, as voted upon by 9/10 dentists, here are the results for Week 10. Remember, I'll update this list as I receive updates:

Code:
    Name		Cheats 
    Antimony	10
    Clonester	7
    Elaur		4
    ergophobe	1
    Fidelia		7
    INTJMom		+1
    kelric		10
    Kyuuei		8
    ladypinkington	4
    PinkPiranha	10
    poppy		6
    Tallulah	7
    Trinity		6
    Udog		3
    Wolfy		10

* Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.
    People that I need to hear from:
    Blackcat
    Colors
    Jeffster
    Jen
    nynesneg
    Winged
    Last edited by Udog; 11-14-2009 at 09:23 AM.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Oh - while I'm thinking of it, my little "No Sugar, No Flour" diet experiment led to me losing 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks.

I'm going to relax it a small bit, but I think I'm going to more or less keep this diet for awhile.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Oh - while I'm thinking of it, my little "No Sugar, No Flour" diet experiment led to me losing 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks.

I'm going to relax it a small bit, but I think I'm going to more or less keep this diet for awhile.
    Wow! Excellent!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I worked out tonight! I'm getting more done during the day now that I'm working out at night.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What kind of activities do you enjoy, Hap?

Trinity has some pretty good ideas... you can try pilates, yoga, or even boxing or a martial art if that interests you. If swimming is an option, you can always go for that. (It's not an accident that swimmers are generally very muscular and lean.)
    I don't think swimming is a choice, I have too much trouble breathing.

The only thing you've mentioned that we've done a lot of in class is pilates. I guess it's okay...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

So far this week:
    Monday - no workout.
    Tuesday:
    Did 45 minutes of elliptical and 3 upper body weight machines.
    Also signed up for two 5 ks - one in two weeks and one in the Spring. In two weeks, I just hope to complete the 5k, in the Spring, I hope to make better time and maybe actually run a longer course by then. Putting together a running schedule with some distance runners who share the dubious honor of being called my friends.

Udog - I completed 3 last week out of 5. Friday through Sunday.
    Last edited by ergophobe; 11-11-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

11-3 to 11-10

did 7 days of exercise but only 30 minutes on treadmill- though I managed the 100 situps. I think I might have to keep doing 30 minutes realistically because 1 hr is really hard for me to do and I guess 1 hr is too much right now. I don't know what ramifications that means. I am fine with whatever.

sorry, I need to post more regularly here.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm in a very strange mental space. Maybe it's just fluctuations of estrogen, but when I got to the end of my exercise video today, I cried... because I really love my teacher. She's perfect for me. And it's so important to find just the right thing that I will enjoy doing. My teacher is very encouraging and give lots of positive feedback. Yeah, I know it's just a video and she's not in the room with me in real life, nevertheless her words encourage me anyway. What a mess I am! I MUST be having a "hormone day"! Anyhow...

did my exercise routine for today AND I'm toying with the idea of getting the next difficult level videos.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

P90X 3/90 completed. Today, we did shoulders and arms, followed by the Ab Super Duper Extreme Buster Crazy Ripper X (or whatever they call it).

The exercises consisted of 4 groups of 3 exercises, with the first one doing shoulders, the second hitting biceps, and the 3rd targeting triceps. Then they took a short break, did Round 2 of the exercises, and then moved on to the next group of 3 exercises. It's a pretty thorough workout.... I liked it quite a bit.

This is the first day that didn't have alot of body weight exercises (just some chair dips at one point). I ended up going too light with my weights and didn't push myself as hard as I should have. I've made notes to fix that next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't think swimming is a choice, I have too much trouble breathing.

The only thing you've mentioned that we've done a lot of in class is pilates. I guess it's okay...
    What about the martial art option? Those will really work you out, and you'll learn how to defend yourself a bit.

Once I get my knee fully functional again, I'm going to look back into tennis lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    So far this week:
    Monday - no workout.
    Tuesday:
    Did 45 minutes of elliptical and 3 upper body weight machines.
    Also signed up for two 5 ks - one in two weeks and one in the Spring. In two weeks, I just hope to complete the 5k, in the Spring, I hope to make better time and maybe actually run a longer course by then. Putting together a running schedule with some distance runners who have the share the dubious honor of being called my friends.

Udog - I completed 3 last week out of 5. Friday through Sunday.
    Thanks for the update. Planning out a long term, challenging goal like that is a great idea! Also, so is bringing your friends into this. Tell them you owe them dinner at a really fancy place if you drop out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    11-3 to 11-10

did 7 days of exercise but only 30 minutes on treadmill- though I managed the 100 situps. I think I might have to keep doing 30 minutes realistically because 1 hr is really hard for me to do and I guess 1 hr is too much right now. I don't know what ramifications that means. I am fine with whatever.

sorry, I need to post more regularly here.
    LadyPinkington, I'm not going to punish exercise. I'm not really all that concerned that you worked out 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes. Honestly, I consider 60 minutes of straight treadmill to be a bit overkill anyway. (Unless you are training for a big run, at least.)

You did great. If all you have time for is 30 minutes, then do the 30 minutes and be proud of yourself! No way I'm counting that as a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm in a very strange mental space. Maybe it's just fluctuations of estrogen, but when I got to the end of my exercise video today, I cried... because I really love my teacher. She's perfect for me. And it's so important to find just the right thing that I will enjoy doing. My teacher is very encouraging and give lots of positive feedback. Yeah, I know it's just a video and she's not in the room with me in real life, nevertheless her words encourage me anyway. What a mess I am! I MUST be having a "hormone day"! Anyhow...

did my exercise routine for today AND I'm toying with the idea of getting the next difficult level videos.
    Mom - you've been through so much lately that you are allowed some days like this. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hardly consider you to be a 'mess'.

And I'm really happy that you've found a video that has a teacher you really like! That's important!

As far as getting the next level of videos.... if you are thinking about doing it, then DO IT!!! If they are too intense, there is no shame in backing off to the previous level. This way, at least you will have a goal to help drive you!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It's veterans day and my parents want to go out to eat.. Mix that with my major headache from dealing with kids all day, and I don't know if I'm going to go to gym class today.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge