• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh hai, look the door
-

Sadly, no folk dancing tonight. My partner in hand-holding crime had a muay thai thing to attend. Perhaps next week! Tomorrow I get to Zumba again at my gym, which makes my soul aflame with joy.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Oh hai, look the door
-

Sadly, no folk dancing tonight. My partner in hand-holding crime had a muay thai thing to attend. Perhaps next week! Tomorrow I get to Zumba again at my gym, which makes my soul aflame with joy.

I read this post with the voice of the Old Spice guy. It was funny.

In bed.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Lifted weights last night, will be around consistently enough to post here. :coffee:

Thumbs up :nice: to everyone keeping up with their lifestyle changes.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I just do not understand how you can do this to yourselves.

I mean, I guess maybe I'm just different, because I have stuff I have to do during the day, and if I'm constantly in crippling pain that stuff ent gonna get done.

And yes, all of it is crippling pain, very light yoga kept me in bed one morning and made me faint...

Oh never mind, I'm just a sick, sick, sick little person who needs gastric bypass because she's too fat to get off her fat ass and cause herself pain and disgusting and horrible for not getting off her fat ass to help herself because helping herself only makes things worse. Fuck fuck fuck, batten down the hatches, of course, don't let her inside, it's better for her to freeze to death in the cold out there, for both us and her.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Haphazard, is there a psychiatrist on campus you can talk to? you seem so deeply unhappy it would be of benefit to you, i think. I know there's one we can see here in my uni for a much reduced fee (though it used to be free...)

Also, there must be some form of exercise that doesn't cause you such pain. Believe it or not, walking is one of the best things you can do. Swimming is also excellent. It's just a matter of finding what works for you. A defeatist attitude will help you none.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I did my exercise program today... well MOST of it.
I don't really have time for the whole thing in the morning before work...
but something is better than nothing.

This new vBulletin format is too "fluffy" for me...
very visually distracting.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going to have to create an exercising plan for myself.

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
In sports today we had to compete with 3.F (the social study people. i'm 3.A - International Yay!) in Hockey and my team obviously won twice (;

Today is the Shoulder and Arm day in my P90X and the ab ripper x afterwards! I cannot wait! :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmmm, something for a bit of muscle toning perhaps.

Muscle toning usually involves lowering body fat percentage via diet and some lifting in order to display the muscles you already have. Does this sound like what you want to do?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I tried, and she told me I was a waste of her time.

Everything causes me an incredible amount of pain. Walking is useless because everyone can do it. I might enjoy sports, but because I'm so fucking weak and uncoordinated, there are no peers for me in existence to play with. If I went to a nursing home they would leave me in the dust, and if all I'm doing is chasing a ball, absolutely unable to reach it, I'm so bored, it's just the same as running laps only more pointless, and that's all I've ever done, there's no point to it at all, I'm not even playing, I'm just there so the team can claim they have enough people when I'm not even there.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Everything causes me an incredible amount of pain. Walking is useless because everyone can do it. I might enjoy sports, but because I'm so fucking weak and uncoordinated, there are no peers for me in existence to play with. If I went to a nursing home they would leave me in the dust, and if all I'm doing is chasing a ball, absolutely unable to reach it, I'm so bored, it's just the same as running laps only more pointless, and that's all I've ever done, there's no point to it at all, I'm not even playing, I'm just there so the team can claim they have enough people when I'm not even there.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Woo! Just back from my second run for the week, and I feel great! I reckon everyone should try running at some point in their lives, it's just so satisfying and liberating :D I only wished I'd picked it up earlier.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ I hear you Oeufa. Jogging is almost like making exercise an adventure.

Hmmmm, something for a bit of muscle toning perhaps.

"Toning" usually boils down to lowering your body fat percentage to a point where muscle lines become more visible. Is this what you want?

If so, focus on burning calories - light to moderate weight training to jack up your metabolism, increase muscle size a small bit, and allow for quicker recovery. Add in some cardio or higher intensity training to help burn calories and increase your overall cardiovascular health.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Did Zumba today--but almost didn't! Walked in to find the teacher had everyone on treadmills, warming up to do cardio intervals. I walked right back out. :p One of the students caught me on my way to the car and said the teacher had changed her mind, so we did Zumba. Yay! I don't know why she doesn't get that we just really come for the Zumba. It's far more fun than cardio. I hate cardio.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP

What kind of sports do they have in your college? If you really feel you can't keep up with team sports then maybe try something a bit different. Most universities have SO MANY clubs and societies to choose from, you really can't go wrong! Some of the more interesting ones available to us in the uni I go to include: ultimate frisbee (team sport - think football with a frisbee), trampolining, caning&potholing, capoeira etc etc. Check it out - there might be something that appeals to you.

Don't be so quick to diss walking, by the way. Walking at a brisk pace helps tone your legs and bum (best thing to do so, btw), and IS a form of cardio. Yes, everyone can do it - that's the beauty of it. Walking and running are what humans have been designed to do - it's the most natural thing in the world.

Also, maybe consider running? That's my form of exercise at the minute and I'm loving it. You start off really slow, at a light jog (more like a shuffle :tongue:)
for 60 seconds, then walk to recover. Rinse and repeat for 20 minutes and you're done! I've linked the programme I'm using a few times in this thread already but do check it out (www.c25k.com). I'm 56lbs overweight and extremely unfit, so if I can do it you definitely can. Just try it (and don't be skeptical).

It'd be nice if you focus on why things CAN work instead of coming up with a host of reasons to dismiss things. It may sound clichéd but a positive attitude really does make all the difference. Believe me when I say I know from experience ;)