• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The sugar levels on the original test were actual low-normal (77 or something, apparently some people are just extra-sensitive to blood sugar changes) and everything else was no need for concern (temp 97.3, bp 102/62, blah blah blah, and I'm 152lbs WITH shoes) except well, generally having a cold and being tired and run down.

Sewing is not relaxing at all! That machine makes a loud scary noise!

Knitting?

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Mental Health!
1733094ynn9b43o9d.png

Last night I brought two friends to see Jason Webley. His shows rejuvenate me as they are very interactive and fun. It felt good to have other friends witness the same thing and enjoy themselves. My souuul :wubbie:.

I'm going to try to get to Zumba today.

I also may or may not have dislodged a blood clot in one of my teeth last night, due to a lot of yell-singing and pretending to be trombones. :whistling:. It's not bleeding and there's no additional pain. :shrug:

Fiiinally, my very close friend (debbiegirl) came home yesterday after about a month. She said a few times "Wow I can really tell you've lose weight!" ..my awkward self just looked at her like a deer in headlights :laugh:, unsure of whether to be like ":blushing:" or ":cool:", although something in the middle would have sufficed.
I'm so so sooo bad at reacting to these things. None of my Fe can save me there :tongue:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It is very strange. When I see myself in the mirror I see someone remarkably normal looking, but I still think I'm hideous when I'm away from it...

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
woops skipped training yesterday, but who cares? I have one day off and I guess that was yesterday

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Do you all mind if I join in? Not as part of the contest, just as a place for me to post progress on the C25k I'm doing. I think I'm boring the arse off people on Facebook with my updates there :tongue:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP

c25k is short for "Couch to 5k" which is a programme designed to get you from hardly running at all to running 5 kilometers over the course of about 9 weeks (though it's not uncommon for people to repeat weeks if they don't feel ready yet for the next one). You can read more about it at www.c25k.com if you're interested.

I started week 2 today, and it was much harder than last week. Feel great afterwards though! Such a nice feeling :)

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Oh, nice! Good luck!
Maybe I should do that after P90X! I suck at running!

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
Oh, nice! Good luck!
Maybe I should do that after P90X! I suck at running!

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Just briefly looked up P90x - looks tough :O I think I need to incorporate some strength training into my own exercise programme though... Maybe some Yoga instead :tongue:

Einnas

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4~9
I started my 3rd week today.. Puueh. 137 push ups, 70 pull ups and 317 ab exercises! >_<
It is tough, but it works. I can already feel results :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't have any home equipment though, and I'm too poor for a gym membership :tongue:. I found a butt-load of bodyweight exercises online yesterday that you can do without any equipment, so maybe I'll just do some of those on the days between my runs... :D

Nice to hear P09x works though! If I was in a position to try it I think I would :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you all mind if I join in? Not as part of the contest, just as a place for me to post progress on the C25k I'm doing. I think I'm boring the arse off people on Facebook with my updates there :tongue:

Hey, welcome aboard. :) I look forward to hearing about your routines.

If you don't mind me poking a bit... How does the program increase intensity each week? Are you jogging further? Doing longer intervals? Are they gradual increases or fairly notable ones?

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Friday: --
Saturday: Walking around at Italian Fest
Sunday: Walking around at Six Flags
Monday: Impromptu mile and a half walk due to car-death.

:laugh: So little of this was really intentional, especially that last bit. I posted on my Sparkpeople "will be doing Something active tonight!" I was thinking along the lines of a bellydance of zumba class. That's what I get for being vague as hell :tongue:

I might go to an actual Folk Dance event tomorrow with my other enfj friend. Our professor is teaching it this week and it's tempting.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I might go to an actual Folk Dance event tomorrow with my other enfj friend. Our professor is teaching it this week and it's tempting.

You totally should! It sounds like fun.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Udog said:
If you don't mind me poking a bit... How does the program increase intensity each week? Are you jogging further? Doing longer intervals? Are they gradual increases or fairly notable ones?

You can choose to measure your intervals by time or by distance - I'm doing it as time. You have 3 sessions a week, and each week you run for longer than you did the previous week. If you're going by time as I am (and I think most people do it this way), each workout is on average 30 minutes.

For example: In Week 1 I ran for 60 seconds, walked for 90 seconds. X8
This Week, Week 2 I run for 90 seconds, walk for 2 minutes. X6
Next week, Week 3 will be: Run for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds; run for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes. X2

and so on and so on. The aim is that by week 9 you'll be running a 5k or comfortably for 30 minutes. The programme is outlines here if you want to see the breakdown week by week.

I must say, I'm loving it so far! I want to go out now, but they recommend you only run every second day for the first few weeks til your bones get used to the pounding :tongue:.