User Tag List

First 3080120128129130131132140180230 Last

Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3324

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Does it matter what portion of the protein intake is real and what portion is whey?
    Yes, it's better to get your protein from real food. If you are going to use protein as a meal replacement casein is better than whey. It is slow releasing.

I would say in general only use whey after your workouts. Use casein as a meal replacement protein. Other times eat real food. Have casein before bed, cottage cheese is great.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yes, it's better to get your protein from real food. If you are going to use protein as a meal replacement casein is better than whey. It is slow releasing.

I would say in general only use whey after your workouts. Use casein as a meal replacement protein. Other times eat real food. Have casein before bed, cottage cheese is great.
    Word.

Thanks for the info!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Bah! I keep forgetting to update.

Anyway, going great, getting to all of my classes each week, eating good, losing weight, feel more toned (not as much as before I stopped going to the gym but it's coming back quick). The Pilates is going good and is attached to a gym in the city that has boxing so I'm looking into that as my missing cardio.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

Just an addendum...2 grams per pound, is a lot of food.Which is why I said start at one gram and see how you do. A chicken breast has 30 to 45 grams per, depending on how you cook it, and the size. I prefer to eat regular meals that may be heavy on protein, and use protein powder in between. There should be no problem finding one that is casein.

Let's see, 200 pound person, 2 grams per pound, equals 400 grams of protein. Roughly 13 chicken breasts, per day. No thanks. Luckily some people have bodies that use nutrients more efficiently, so they may not need to stuff as much into their mouths. Experiment.

1 to 1 1/2 grams works well for me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

2 grams per KG is an okay quantity (roughly 1 gram per pound). 2 grams per pound...awful, difficult to eat.

Btw, 220lbs seems pretty big to me, unless you're taller than 6'5'' (which you might be, I don't know)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I have to take a day off. I'm zombielike. I fall asleep in the middle of the day. I realize you guys are surmising that it's because I'm going vegetarian but I also need to work on actually going to sleep. I'm worried that if I use my energy for working out I won't have any energy left for the kids or to take care of this house falling down around me.

I've also been really cranky, as some people can probably attest to. :rolli:

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I have to take a day off. I'm zombielike. I fall asleep in the middle of the day. I realize you guys are surmising that it's because I'm going vegetarian but I also need to work on actually going to sleep. I'm worried that if I use my energy for working out I won't have any energy left for the kids or to take care of this house falling down around me.

I've also been really cranky, as some people can probably attest to. :rolli:
    You don't get an energy boost after you work out?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    2 grams per KG is an okay quantity (roughly 1 gram per pound). 2 grams per pound...awful, difficult to eat.

Btw, 220lbs seems pretty big to me, unless you're taller than 6'5'' (which you might be, I don't know)
    He would qualify as one of the Seven Dwarfs...Or is it eight?

He would be named Litigious.

BTW...are you calling me fat?

Yeah, I think 2 grams per kg is enough.

I trained today. I think I'll start posting numbers so I have to record them.
    Bench worked up to 92kg for 5 reps
    Incline DB press 30kg 3 sets of 10
    Reverse grip BB row 60kg 4 sets of 10
    D/B seated cleans 15kg 2 sets of 12
    30 min cycling

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

This is a pretty interesting counter argument to the recent studies showing that anything over 20g of protein (per meal) has no affect on muscle synthesis.

It also talks a bit about the benefits of diets that have higher protein.

Limit Protein to 20g Per Meal? | Precision Nutrition