• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
What's the condition?

PCOS. It significantly alters the way one processes food

What are "exactly the right foods"? Be specific, as if you were trying to create exactly the right diet.

The only things people are allowed to eat are lettuce, tomatoes, and fish, none of which I find remotely edible. However, if I were in a concentration camp, I would find them a veritable feast. Perhaps that's the point?

What foods do I like? I don't like any of them (except maybe milk, but milk is bad, bad, BAD), I only eat the ones that taste good though, because I only find those tolerable. If I hate food, and if I put food on my plate that tastes bad, I might have a bite, but I'll leave the rest. (ooh, good dieting tip!) I only eat when it becomes too painful not to, and because my current meal plan requires me to eat a certain number of times a week (at this point, that's 14).

No, I don't wonder. It's because most people that do these drastic surgeries are trying to avoid the hard road, and are looking for quick fixes to their weight problems.

They alter their stomachs to attempt to curb their appetite, but they eventually regress to eating junk, not being nearly active enough, and living stressful lives.

No. You are WRONG, the way these surgeries alters the stomach in such a way that one CANNOT eat "junk" without becoming extremely ill. And still, these people gain weight back. Generally, the people who undergo these surgeries have tried everything, and those who sell the surgeries to them advertise that "they will get their life back". They ingest only 800 kcal a day, and yet they still get fat again. They get diseases of the starving like beriberi, and yet, still, they're fat. Can you please explain this to me?

You said yourself that you keep gaining your weight back. Have you ever wondered why? People keep trying to sell you something, and when it doesn't work, they blame you. Doesn't that tell you there's something wrong with the diet, and not wrong with you? I'm not even just talking about fad diets. I'm talking about everything -- and whether or not fat is bad, it's proven that yo-yo dieting is worse. But hey, at least your clothes will be cheap!

You know, there *is* one thing that makes it nearly impossible to lose weight: Stress. See, stress takes blood away from the digestive system. Your metabolism shoots down to almost nothing, causing you to burn far less calories than normal.

It can be legitimately difficult to lose significant weight when stressed (unless you starve yourself). However, that doesn't mean it's impossible to lose weight - it just means you have to handle the stress before you can even begin to handle the weight.

Maybe you're right. Because all my stress is brought on by dieting, though, that makes it impossible for me to do such. We've figured it out. It's impossible for me to diet, because dieting makes me crazy, and being crazy makes me fat.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
PCOS. It significantly alters the way one processes food

I'm sorry. :(

Unfortunately, I have no clue how to handle the dietary concerns of someone with this condition. It honestly sounds like you don't either. Are you willing to seek out someone that might?

The only things people are allowed to eat are lettuce, tomatoes, and fish, none of which I find remotely edible. However, if I were in a concentration camp, I would find them a veritable feast. Perhaps that's the point?

Nope.

No. You are WRONG, the way these surgeries alters the stomach in such a way that one CANNOT eat "junk" without becoming extremely ill. And still, these people gain weight back. Generally, the people who undergo these surgeries have tried everything, and those who sell the surgeries to them advertise that "they will get their life back". They ingest only 800 kcal a day, and yet they still get fat again. They get diseases of the starving like beriberi, and yet, still, they're fat. Can you please explain this to me?

There is actually a very easy explanation for this. There's evidence that diets consisting of 800 cal or less significantly decrease metabolism, even in obese people. You can't lose weight if your body refuses to burn calories.

Although this is a diversion from the real issue anyway, and I won't be pursuing this or any other subtopics further.

Maybe you're right. Because all my stress is brought on by dieting, though, that makes it impossible for me to do such. We've figured it out. It's impossible for me to diet, because dieting makes me crazy, and being crazy makes me fat.

Well there you go. Please don't let me interrupt your circular logic loop.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do I eat for lean protein when I hate all forms of it?

A more comprehensive list.

Lean meat:
Ground beef, chicken, tuna, turkey

Fish:
Pretty much any fish will do

Eggs:
Egg whites, occasional whole eggs

Low Fat Dairy:
Cottage cheese, yogurt (this includes sugar free greek yogurt, I believe), part skim cheese, string cheese

Vegetarian:
Tofu, tempeh, soy burgers, soy jerkey, soy sausage, soy bacon, seitan

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like a good place to start!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Sure. I would normally recommend not making them a staple of your diet, but do what works best for you.

Well, often the choice is either ham or burgers, and by your list, I should pick the burgers. I don't eat most of the bread anyways, so it's not like I'm getting excess carbs from it, either.

I stopped eating spinach for the past few days and my waist seems to have gone back down. I have no idea what the fuck happened.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, often the choice is either ham or burgers, and by your list, I should pick the burgers. I don't eat most of the bread anyways, so it's not like I'm getting excess carbs from it, either.

I stopped eating spinach for the past few days and my waist seems to have gone back down. I have no idea what the fuck happened.

Might just be fluids, but I'm not sure either.

Burgers aren't that bad at all if you skip on the bun and limit the condiments. I can never seem to do that, though, so I just limited myself.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Might just be fluids, but I'm not sure either.

Burgers aren't that bad at all if you skip on the bun and limit the condiments. I can never seem to do that, though, so I just limited myself.

I only eat half (or less) of the bun (for some reason I hate sandwich buns, and try to eat it but end up only eating the insides), hate condiments, too. The only thing I like on burgers is onions.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only eat half (or less) of the bun (for some reason I hate sandwich buns, and try to eat it but end up only eating the insides), hate condiments, too. The only thing I like on burgers is onions.

If you don't like the buns, then just toss them aside. They offer no nutritional value.

Burgers and onions are good - I like that combo too. :) Fresh salsa also goes well on just a burger patty, in my opinion.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If you don't like the buns, then just toss them aside. They offer no nutritional value.

Burgers and onions are good - I like that combo too. :) Fresh salsa also goes well on just a burger patty, in my opinion.

It really depends on the salsa.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, guys, so I'm back on track.

I haven't been anal-retentive about keeping track like I used to because I find that annoying.

So here's the deal:

Diet

I don't count calories. That's pointless. However I do have ten steps to keep in mind:

1. Drink at least 2 L of water a day, plus 0.5 L for every cup of coffee consumed.
2. Other than minimal amounts of coffee/tea, herbal tea, milk, and water, eliminate all other drinks. They are unnecessary.
3. Eat no more than 1-2 servings of bread/carbohydrate a day.
4. Eat at least 1-2 servings of protein a day (preferably more).
5. Eat lots and lots of raw fruits and veggies, nuts, and seeds.
6. Cut out HFCS, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives completely from your diet, if possible. (That includes most processed food).
7. Avoid eating large amounts of sodium.
8. Eat significant amounts of foods with vitamins, minerals, fat and fiber.
9. Limit consumption of high-sugar foods to one treat per week.
10. Have one meal a week that is a fun meal.

It has done wonders for me.

Plus at least 30-60 minutes of exercise a day. (Meaning: sweating, heart pumping exercise in addition to my regular walking and stuff). That includes:

- Wii (Fit, Sports, Yoga, Muscle Exercises, and other neat stuff)
- Billy Blanks DVDs (I watch on YouTube).
- Spinning bike
- Dancing and other random stuff

I alternate so that my body gets a different workout all the time.

So far, I have lost about 8 cm off my waist and hips, and I have lost 5-6 kilos. (That's about 12-15 pounds). Works for me. :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
They say you shouldn't drink your calories, but if I only ate mine, I'd be getting 1,000 or less a day. I'm one of those freaks who prefer drinking to eating, who has two or three beverages with each meal. I think if not for an intense fear of blood I would have made an awfully good vampire.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally broke the 280 mark. :) I'm about to go down a new belt buckle size, and will probably need to buy new pants in the next few weeks.

I'm still struggling with finding my reason to eat healthy, but my mind is still processing the question and I'm making progress.

Okay, guys, so I'm back on track.

Excellent update! I'm glad to see that you dropped the anal-retentiveness a bit. :) Logging foods and counting calories can be good for a couple of weeks, but after that it's usually unnecessary.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
On a normal day I have about 1400-1600 calories, with drinks. That's not a particular lot.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really, but if your energy levels are decent and you feel good, then perhaps it's an appropriate amount for you.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If not for the intense stress of weight loss, I would be pretty frickin' dandy, but you know, that's not always the case.

You speak of your reason to be healthy as if it's a given that you must be, you just need a reason why. The assumption is that the reason would be to live longer, to live healthier, but you could make yourself suffer only to be hit by a bus and die tomorrow.