• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sunday: Zumba
Mon & Tues: --
Wednesday: Zumba
Thurs-Sat: --
Sunday: Zumba

I had to slack this week, because of my car being a mean-machine and school starting. Need to get there more this upcoming week :yes:
Also, spoke to the Zumba instructor. She pointed me toward a piece of equipment called "Stretch Center", advised I don't do classes two+ days in a row, and wear different sneakers that will make movement easier.
I'll be digging out my dance sneakers tomorrow. I switched to running sneakers when the I was concerned about sliding and busting my ass in the dance sneakers... but I'll take that risk vs. destroying my knees :laugh:
Definitely worth trying again. I like eating cottage cheese with an apple. You know.. not mixed together or anything, just in the same meal.

Those are the people that will probably become obese when they are in their forties.

Well, I think I stumbled into the Secret Land of Pregnant Women. 4 of the women there were with child, including the instructor. I had to take a shower to wash the hormones off of me after the class. ;) So it wasn't as high intensity as the demo videos, but it was still pretty high intensity for those that could keep up.

If nothing else, I ROCKED the break portions.
I just worry about cottage cheese. I should make a deal with my Dad, see if he'll eat it if I deduce it a failed attempt. Bwaha.

My vengeful side is enjoying the prospect of those people having an obese future :devil:. Not because they are skinny, of course, but because they are jerks. Mhm!

I feel like that about my college. So many people are pregnant or have children. It's so strange. You need to show up the preggers ladies!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Im in a weight gaining phase. Plan to gain as much muscle as i can for a while while eating more than i have been (maybe a lot more, lol). By next year it'll be back to dropping off fat.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Took a free yoga/pilates/tai chi combo class they're offering free for faculty at my school last week. Absolutely loved it, and the pilates part made my abs sore for days! Wanted to go back for the Thursday yoga class the next day, but needed a break!

They're also offering some cardio + Zumba, which starts this week. Yay for free exercise classes!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I need to start exercising again. I guess I will have to do it after work, since I don't really have time before.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Since I'm still going 4.4 miles a day, at least, the weight gain must be due to eating 3 meals a day instead of 1.5.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like that about my college. So many people are pregnant or have children. It's so strange. You need to show up the preggers ladies!

Haha! If the preggers ladies get too far ahead of me, I'll just quietly slip a bucket of water underneath them and go, "OMG, YOUR WATER BROKE!!!" From there, victory shall be mine!

Im in a weight gaining phase. Plan to gain as much muscle as i can for a while while eating more than i have been (maybe a lot more, lol). By next year it'll be back to dropping off fat.

Nice. I've been trying the dual combo of losing weight and gaining muscle. It's tricky to pull off though. I really have to watch what I eat.

Took a free yoga/pilates/tai chi combo class they're offering free for faculty at my school last week. Absolutely loved it, and the pilates part made my abs sore for days! Wanted to go back for the Thursday yoga class the next day, but needed a break!

They're also offering some cardio + Zumba, which starts this week. Yay for free exercise classes!

Nice, and I fully approve of this free exercise class thing. I wish more schools did that. I'm glad to see you are still going at it. :)

I need to start exercising again. I guess I will have to do it after work, since I don't really have time before.

Yes, most definitely. If it helps motivate you, consider your workout as part of your "work day". Meaning, consider your workout as part of your daily routine, and as soon as you get home from work, work out. It helps me with about 80% of my workouts, so I only gotta motivate myself for the remaining 20%.

Since I'm still going 4.4 miles a day, at least, the weight gain must be due to eating 3 meals a day instead of 1.5.

Remember, while walking is healthy, but it doesn't burn a ton of calories. 4.4 miles might burn around 350 calories... which means you gotta do that 10 times to burn a pound. (Although with a heavy bookbag, you'll burn more.)

Good job eating more meals, though.

If you want, write down your meals over the next couple of days and then post them here, and we can offer comments/suggestions.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Remember, while walking is healthy, but it doesn't burn a ton of calories. 4.4 miles might burn around 350 calories... which means you gotta do that 10 times to burn a pound. (Although with a heavy bookbag, you'll burn more.)

Good job eating more meals, though.

If you want, write down your meals over the next couple of days and then post them here, and we can offer comments/suggestions.

I look down at what I'm eating and realize it's not really that much. It makes me think I'm meant to be fat. After all, I come from a long line of fat people.

It doesn't matter. Eating makes me fat. Maybe I should stop again.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I look down at what I'm eating and realize it's not really that much. It makes me think I'm meant to be fat. After all, I come from a long line of fat people.

Not eating enough can contribute to weight gain, because your body will cling to what you put in it. Your body probably just needs to get used to you eating enough, before it can better help your weightloss. I don't think that takes long, just be aware of what you omnom.

I take a class where I burn 900-1100cals. I have to eat up to 2100cals on those days, but I've still lost a good chunk of weight.
If I didn't eat upwards of 2100cals on those days, my weightloss would likely be much slower and I'd be much weaker. I'm not sure on this, but I think loosing weight while not eating enough doesn't help the aesthetic of your body composition.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Haha! If the preggers ladies get too far ahead of me, I'll just quietly slip a bucket of water underneath them and go, "OMG, YOUR WATER BROKE!!!" From there, victory shall be mine!
:laugh: You devious, devious man! I completely approve and back this plan.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not eating enough can contribute to weight gain, because your body will cling to what you put in it. Your body probably just needs to get used to you eating enough, before it can better help your weightloss. I don't think that takes long, just be aware of what you omnom.

I take a class where I burn 900-1100cals. I have to eat up to 2100cals on those days, but I've still lost a good chunk of weight.
If I didn't eat upwards of 2100cals on those days, my weightloss would likely be much slower and I'd be much weaker. I'm not sure on this, but I think loosing weight while not eating enough doesn't help the aesthetic of your body composition.

I don't take any classes, my schedule is far too confusing/stupid/blah for me to do anything, so all I'm doing is walking around campus with a stupid backpack. However, I've probably doubled the amount I eat on a normal day, up to what most people think is a "normal" amount of food.

Also, I think spinach makes me fat.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A neat article on food addiction:

Junkie food: Tastes your brain can't resist - health - 08 September 2010 - New Scientist

It's also possible that these "long line of fat people" simply share and have passed to you the same bad behaviors.

If you decide you want some outside opinion on what you are eating, the offer still stands.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh my god, I knew my parents abused me! Fat people all along the line are just a cycle of child abuse.

God I hate my life.

Let's see, here's what I ate yesterday:

A few homefries
cereal and skim milk
chocolate milk

spinach salad
brownie
penne + pesto
6 oz coke

greek yogurt + honey
V8 fruit juice
.5 serving goldfish

And today:

Whole wheat bread (1 slice)
1/2 nutella, 1/2 peanut butter
1% milk

2/3 pasta carbonara
spinach salad
1 slice turkey meat
cranberry juice

That's already way too much, isn't it? I probably just shouldn't eat anything the rest of the day. I keep hearing that I should drink water or tea with meals, but if I do that I won't eat -- I can't eat if I don't have a drink that's cold and flavored. I just can't, it just makes the food completely unbearable to force down my throat. In fact, that would be a really good diet! I just would end up not eating!

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Let's see, here's what I ate yesterday
Approx Yesterday: 1400-1600cals. This is normal and not bad, especially if you are walking.

Approx Today: 900-1100.

You should really throw stuff into calorie counters to put it into perspective. It's very helpful and you shouldn't beat yourself up for eating. You already seem to make good food choices. The few snacks and things are just that, and won't obliterate your diet.

Water is definitely good for you, but it can take getting used to. Maybe invest in some iced tea mix, so you know you're using the water and mix and can gradually ween down the mix.
If you can't do that yet, just work on the eating first. Everyone has a pattern for how they cycle out bad habits and cycle in good ones. Personally, I couldn't cycle out my bad eating habits until I cycled in a good exercise routine. Etc Everyone is different.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, most definitely. If it helps motivate you, consider your workout as part of your "work day". Meaning, consider your workout as part of your daily routine, and as soon as you get home from work, work out. It helps me with about 80% of my workouts, so I only gotta motivate myself for the remaining 20%.
Good idea.
That might just work for me.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
went to the Tuesday cardio class at the school--this time it was step aerobics. Good workout, though step really elevates my heart rate a lot, and I don't like the feeling. I modified by doing lower arm movements or just the legs. Tomorrow's Zumba!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh my god, I knew my parents abused me! Fat people all along the line are just a cycle of child abuse.

Hap, I would appreciate it if you don't twist my words like that. That's not what I meant, and you know it.

Let's see, here's what I ate yesterday:

A few homefries
cereal and skim milk
chocolate milk

spinach salad
brownie
penne + pesto
6 oz coke

greek yogurt + honey
V8 fruit juice
.5 serving goldfish

And today:

Whole wheat bread (1 slice)
1/2 nutella, 1/2 peanut butter
1% milk

2/3 pasta carbonara
spinach salad
1 slice turkey meat
cranberry juice

I can definitely see some issues with this diet.

The question is, do you want an analysis, would you rather me make 1 or 2 SIMPLE suggestions to try, or would you prefer me to stay quiet?

That's already way too much, isn't it? I probably just shouldn't eat anything the rest of the day. I keep hearing that I should drink water or tea with meals, but if I do that I won't eat -- I can't eat if I don't have a drink that's cold and flavored. I just can't, it just makes the food completely unbearable to force down my throat. In fact, that would be a really good diet! I just would end up not eating!

Why can't you force down food unless you have a flavored (aka sugary) drink? How does a sugary drink help you when a nice cold glass of unsweetened tea or water fails?

went to the Tuesday cardio class at the school--this time it was step aerobics. Good workout, though step really elevates my heart rate a lot, and I don't like the feeling. I modified by doing lower arm movements or just the legs. Tomorrow's Zumba!

Ooo... please report how it goes, either here or in the Zumba thread.

I'll be over at my mom's this weekend, which means a different gym with different classes. I get to choose between Zumba and BodyCombat.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I can definitely see some issues with this diet.

The question is, do you want an analysis, would you rather me make 1 or 2 SIMPLE suggestions to try, or would you prefer me to stay quiet?

I don't know. I really don't know. Ever since I tried to be "healthier" I've never felt as weak, sick, and neurotic as I do now. No matter what I do, I FEEL horrible. And it just gets worse and worse. I know it's wrong to say that I wasn't a neurotic little bitch before, but it was never like this.

Why can't you force down food unless you have a flavored (aka sugary) drink? How does a sugary drink help you when a nice cold glass of unsweetened tea or water fails?

I secretly hate food and want to get the taste out of my mouth with every bite I take. Water and unsweetened tea are not strong enough to get the taste out (they make it worse before it's better) while strong-tasting beverages do. Except coffee. Because coffee's gross.

But this is a horrible answer even though it's the truth.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know. I really don't know. Ever since I tried to be "healthier" I've never felt as weak, sick, and neurotic as I do now. No matter what I do, I FEEL horrible. And it just gets worse and worse. I know it's wrong to say that I wasn't a neurotic little bitch before, but it was never like this.

I guess I don't see you like that. I see someone who is really frustrated, at least a little scared, and very frustrated... but neurotic bitch? Naw. It's just where you are right now. And you know what? There's no hole that can't be climbed out of with persistence. You just gotta have faith that there's a way out, and persistence to keep on trying until you find it.

Hap, while I know you have medical issues that go beyond my scope of knowledge, in general, your diet is probably part of the issue. Your diet consists of WAY too much sugar, not enough lean protein, and not enough veggies. (The only real veggie that you eat is the spinach salad.)

Here are some simple suggestions:

1. Replace the breakfast sugary sweets with fruit. So instead of chocolate milk or nutella, chase your food with pineapple, strawberries, or another fruit.

2. Limit lunch and dinner to 1 sugary sweet each. So you can have the brownie OR the Coke, but not both.

3. Use the calories you save by reducing your sweets to add a lean protein. Examples include: Chicken (baked or grilled), turkey slices, beans, low-fat cheese (including string cheese and cottage cheese). It need not be much. 1/2 cup of a lean protein will do for starters.

Don't make any other changes.

Do those sound doable?

I secretly hate food and want to get the taste out of my mouth with every bite I take. Water and unsweetened tea are not strong enough to get the taste out (they make it worse before it's better) while strong-tasting beverages do. Except coffee. Because coffee's gross.

But this is a horrible answer even though it's the truth.

No, it's an enlightening answer.

Do you hate the taste of food, or hate the fact that you have to eat it?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I guess I don't see you like that. I see someone who is really frustrated, at least a little scared, and very frustrated... but neurotic bitch? Naw. It's just where you are right now. And you know what? There's no hole that can't be climbed out of with persistence. You just gotta have faith that there's a way out, and persistence to keep on trying until you find it.

Hap, while I know you have medical issues that go beyond my scope of knowledge, in general, your diet is probably part of the issue. Your diet consists of WAY too much sugar, not enough lean protein, and not enough veggies. (The only real veggie that you eat is the spinach salad.)

Here are some simple suggestions:

1. Replace the breakfast sugary sweets with fruit. So instead of chocolate milk or nutella, chase your food with pineapple, strawberries, or another fruit.

2. Limit lunch and dinner to 1 sugary sweet each. So you can have the brownie OR the Coke, but not both.

3. Use the calories you save my reducing your sweets to add a lean protein. Examples include: Chicken (baked or grilled), turkey slices, beans, low-fat cheese (including string cheese and cottage cheese). It need not be much. 1/2 cup of a lean protein will do for starters.

Don't make any other changes.

Do those sound doable?

No, it's an enlightening answer.

Do you hate the taste of food, or hate the fact that you have to eat it?

1. there is no (un-horrifically-bruised) fruit here

2. there is no lean protein, either

So no, they don't sound doable. Life kinda sucks when you're po' and can only use your meal card.

Eating requires me to cleanse my palate very often. My throat gets sticky with things that taste and with each consecutive bite it tastes worse. It takes an entire glass of water to cleanse the palate of this... gunky crap in the back of my throat. That would be 20 glasses of water or so each meal. Do you really expect me to do that? I hate that food does this to me. I don't eat unless I also have something flavored to drink. Otherwise it lingers in the back of my mouth for hours. I wish I was able to just wash it out with water like normal people can, but water just isn't strong enough.

Maybe I should use listerine instead.