• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

D

Dali

Aw, come on, Hap. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

Why do you want to exercise? What are your goals?

D

Dali

There you go.

If you quit, you're so getting ripped open.

Now kick in that J and the whole delayed gratification thing you guys do so well. ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In fact I think I may need to see a doctor like, right now because of this...

:yes:

And get that blood test - something the Dr will hopefully recommend. (Momentary dizziness will be worth it if they figure out you are anemic or vitamin deficient.)

It's supposed to be difficult, but not *this* difficult. Seriously, a doctor or professional that can tailor suit an exercise plan while watching you work out will make a huge difference here.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
:yes:

And get that blood test - something the Dr will hopefully recommend. (Momentary dizziness will be worth it if they figure out you are anemic or vitamin deficient.)

It's supposed to be difficult, but not *this* difficult. Seriously, a doctor or professional that can tailor suit an exercise plan while watching you work out will make a huge difference here.

Not momentary dizziness, dizziness that last days before and after.

I think it's called an "anxiety" or "panic" disorder, not anemia.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I, uh, hauled some xylophones across a school, I wonder if this counts as exertion.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup, especially if you spontaneously burst into a musical number while carrying them.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My energy levels have been really low lately... I think my bad diet and higher than usual levels of stress have finally caught up to me.

In other news, it's amazing how good I am at finding excuses to not do the grunt work of fixing my diet! Boo, Udog!

Anyway, I'll be creating a new Summer Challenge thread on Monday so people interested in playing along can sign up. So now's a good time to start getting ready for the 21st! :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I went to the doctor, I was dehydrated with low blood pressure, have borderline strep and perhaps have a kidney infection.

Aaaaaaaagh...

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to the doctor, I was dehydrated with low blood pressure, have borderline strep and perhaps have a kidney infection.

Aaaaaaaagh...

Yikes.

However, I'm glad you found out what was going on... dehydration and sickness does help explain some of your difficulties, though, so I'm glad it's something that is likely fixable.

I hope you are feeling better soon. :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yikes.

However, I'm glad you found out what was going on... dehydration and sickness does help explain some of your difficulties, though, so I'm glad it's something that is likely fixable.

I hope you are feeling better soon. :)
Yes. People can die from dehydration. Very serious.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently read a pretty good e-book called "Brain over Brawn". The author is offering the e-book version for free (click here), and I found it to be a great introduction to many of the basic concepts about health. There are also some pretty interesting suggestions for at home resistance training exercises in it. You can also buy the paper-back edition via Amazon.

Anyway, I definitely can recommend downloading the e-book and checking it out. It's one of the better consolidated yet still free sources of information I've found.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I've decided that I can't lead another Exercise Challenge right now. Last Friday's doctor visit revealed something that I'm going to need to take care of, and it's going to take me out of exercising commission for the next month or so. (Don't worry, it's more inconvenient than major. :)) I initially planned on just talking about changes I'm making to my diet for the first month, but after thinking about it figured I would be better served just holding off on the forum contest altogether.

Hope everyone understands!