User Tag List

First 2272112120121122123124132172222 Last

Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3324

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    WEight training we had no cardio and circuit training. I challenged myself on the weights to make up for the lack of running.
    Have you ever tried metabolic training with weights?
    Circuits, tabata, any stuff like that? Want to know about it?

Here is one example

Tabata is 20 seconds on 10 seconds off done eight times. You can use cardio equipment or weights. One tabata of front squats are you're done like a dinner.

Here is an example of metabolic training for MMA.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I walked to school and did 25 min weight training.

Everything's just as hard as it's always been and I haven't been improving at all. Should I up the amount I exercise?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Anyone around these parts got some ideas based on what works for them?

Problem: Quit my gym due to a fall out with one of the managers, it was a one of a kind in its approach to fitness, more like a sports institute with very individualised attention and consistent reviews, I've tried normal gyms before and they don't work for me, I'll go for a short period then loose motivation cause I'm not getting feedback or results. Personal training works but is usually exy, I don't want exy.
    Could you say more about what you don't like about normal gyms - individual working on machines or even classes? Here, I go to a gym that has several locations and offers different classes every day. I have some friends who visit the same gym and during a regular week, I plan to meet at least one person for the classes. I like kickboxing and Latin aerobics. Having several options at different locations helps. On a couple other lower motivation days, I find taking a book with me and doing the elliptical works well (fights ADD impulses to get off). I actually enjoy the weight training so no motivation needed there. So, find a workout partner(s) - multiples are better.

I want to cover flexibility, toning and cardio. The flex and tone are covered with Pilates but the cardio is what I'm stuck on.
    Yoga for flexibility? Running group? Dance class? I really LOVE dance based cardio - so much fun and hard work!

Sucks to lose a gym over some idiot. Sorry dudette. Hope you find something else that works well for you.

Report: Just managed a brisk 30 minute walk. Getting back into the swing of things slowly.

Hap -- try doing more cardio. Not more time but more strenuous, run for 30 seconds at a time instead of walking the whole way? Slowly increase the time you spend running. Hang in there. Even if you don't feel the difference, keep at it.

Udog - I also wore pants I had to put away a year ago. They fit great! Very noticeable change now and working on more.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Hap -- try doing more cardio. Not more time but more strenuous, run for 30 seconds at a time instead of walking the whole way? Slowly increase the time you spend running. Hang in there. Even if you don't feel the difference, keep at it.
    I don't know how well that would work especially considering how wet the sidewalks are now and that I'm lugging around a huge backpack.

If I can feel my heart thudding when I'm doing weights, does that count as cardio?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Sparred a little in Muay Thai today. I was with my buddy who's 39 and has an 11 year old son. He's a crafty old timer. He was poppin me but once I got back into the swing of things I started pushing the action on him pretty well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't know how well that would work especially considering how wet the sidewalks are now and that I'm lugging around a huge backpack.

If I can feel my heart thudding when I'm doing weights, does that count as cardio?
    Good point How about doing some running/ jumping jacks at home every day to supplement the walking? Even putting music on loud and just jumping around/dancing is a good supplement.

No, heart thudding while doing weights is not desirable, I think. You may need to reduce the pounds . I'm not an expert here, Wolfy?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Good point How about doing some running/ jumping jacks at home every day to supplement the walking? Even putting music on loud and just jumping around/dancing is a good supplement.

No, heart thudding while doing weights is not desirable, I think. You may need to reduce the pounds . I'm not an expert here, Wolfy?
    Dancing sounds good, I can definitely do that tomorrow.

Uh. I don't know how to reduce the pounds when they're on my body.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Dancing sounds good, I can definitely do that tomorrow.
    Cool!

Uh. I don't know how to reduce the pounds when they're on my body.

That's not what I meant! I wanted to say reduce the level of weights you are using if the heart pounding is bad. If you're doing weights with dumbells - use smaller ones. If using machines, reduce the pounds you are lifting. You should definitely feel the resistance the weights offers and it should be challenging, that's good but I don't know if heart pounding is a good idea. I'd ask Wolfy or one of the others who may be pros.

MBTI
    ENFJ

That's not what I meant! I wanted to say reduce the level of weights you are using if the heart pounding is bad. If you're doing weights with dumbells - use smaller ones. If using machines, reduce the pounds you are lifting. You should definitely feel the resistance the weights offers and it should be challenging, that's good but I don't know if heart pounding is a good idea. I'd ask Wolfy or one of the others who may be pros.
    But that is what I meant. Because of limited resources in gym class a lot of weight training is done using body weight as resistance, and I'm carrying about 50lbs more than most girls in that class.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

But that is what I meant. Because of limited resources in gym class a lot of weight training is done using body weight as resistance, and I'm carrying about 50lbs more than most girls in that class.
    Got it. That's a tough one - I imagine you don't have much control over what's done in gym class. How often do you have to do weight training at school?