User Tag List

First 2171111119120121122123131171221 Last

Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3324

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Guess I've rehabbed too many knees and shoulders doing that.
    What did you train?

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What did you train?
    In typical INTP fashion, I've never really stuck with anything consistently long.

I've done a little:

Pankration
    Sambo
    Bjj/MT

Was getting broke so had to cancel BJJ/MT.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Just wanted to check.

I've been at WMA Jax since august '08 and really enjoy it.

MBTI
    INTP

Wow, this thread is 121 pages now!

Just did my workout tonight. If the weather cooperates, I'm going to try to do some outdoor walking this week.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Anyone around these parts got some ideas based on what works for them?

Problem: Quit my gym due to a fall out with one of the managers, it was a one of a kind in its approach to fitness, more like a sports institute with very individualised attention and consistent reviews, I've tried normal gyms before and they don't work for me, I'll go for a short period then loose motivation cause I'm not getting feedback or results. Personal training works but is usually exy, I don't want exy.

I want to cover flexibility, toning and cardio. The flex and tone are covered with Pilates but the cardio is what I'm stuck on.

I have a terribly short attention span, I need to be challenged and keep thinking, if exercise doesn't have dynamic change or a high fun factor I won't stick at it. I've looked at a couple of martial arts but they didn't cover enough cardio area as the focus is technique first, I'm going to see if I can find a Muay Thai Kickboxing class but I just wanted to know if anyone (especially you fellow ADD-looking, kinda fickle Ps) has found something with good cardio and mucho interest holding points?

HEEEEEEELP!

Also: Update, have been attending Pilates classes twice each week, as stated above it doesn't feel like enough but it's something, combined with a resumed effort in eating healthier it's making a difference.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I worked out chest and triceps at o' dark thirty this morning. *yawns*

I read about a concept called adherence yesterday. The article recommended making a table (5-6 by 7, 5-6 meals a day, 7 days a week) and then marking an "X" if you ate properly, a "*" if you didn't, and a "0" if you skipped it. Anything below 90% adherence means you can't tell if your lack of success is due to the diet, or failure to adhere to it.

For those that are curious what a "No Sugar, No Flour" diet looks like, yesterday I had:
    LUNCH: Tomato basil soup and salad bar at Jason's Deli
    SNACK: Garbanzo beans
    DINNER: Buffalo burger patty (grilled on this thing, about as good as indoor grilling gets) with provolone. Ate with a Mediterranean Salad. (sliced cucumber + copped tomato + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + salt)

Today
    PRE-WORKOUT: Smoothie (1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 cup water, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, vanilla protein powder, Greens+, pecans, rolled oats)
    BREAKFAST: Frozen suasage and egg scramble with 1 handful of spinach.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    TOTAL
    Exercise: 3/3 (It was split up more, but I was actually very active this week)
    Eating: good

I'm pretty happy with how I did this week, especially since I was feeling kind of sick for part of it. Also I've realized it might not be possible for me to get in hour-long workouts just because things are getting kind of hectic, so I'm going to try to break it up into smaller workouts that I do every day and larger ones that I do a couple times a week, that way at least I actually get the exercise.
    Excellent! Good luck with your change of strategy. Being active in small increments seems pretty smart to me, as it gives you a chance to get into the habit of being active during your free time. Only good things can come of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Anyone around these parts got some ideas based on what works for them?

Problem: Quit my gym due to a fall out with one of the managers, it was a one of a kind in its approach to fitness, more like a sports institute with very individualised attention and consistent reviews, I've tried normal gyms before and they don't work for me, I'll go for a short period then loose motivation cause I'm not getting feedback or results. Personal training works but is usually exy, I don't want exy.

I want to cover flexibility, toning and cardio. The flex and tone are covered with Pilates but the cardio is what I'm stuck on.
    You can try mixing in some interval training. For some reason, cardio is much more interesting and challenging to me when I vary the rate every few minutes. (Right now, I do 2 minutes of hard cardio with 3 minutes light cardio, for up to 30 minutes. It removes alot of the monotony for me.)

Do you have access to a pool?

How about sports? Tennis is a solid workout if you can find a semi-decent opponent. Soccer, I mean football, is an awesome workout.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Finished up my workout! I did arms (and cardio) today. I've been doing good on my healthy veggie diet. I love eating vegetarian, you can feel so full and still know you aren't consuming too much.

So I'm doing some bent arm lateral raises (i think that's what it is) and my shoulders are clicking a little too much for my liking as I'm doing it. Is there anything I can replace that with? I have loose joints in my shoulders. I've been able to move one of them out of the joint since I was a kid. The arm workouts have REALLY been helping but the lateral raises clicking doesn't sound good to me.

It seems like when I would do the rolling shoulders that my physical therapist gave me to do I would get clicking and a LOT more pain so I stopped doing those. It even aggravates my shoulders "injury" so I want to avoid anything that makes my shoulders click. I don't even know what the clicking is. eta: I just looked it up, apparently it's associated with loose shoulders (instability) which I guess isn't a surprise.

I'm trying to get the workout done right away in the morning since that is my mini challenge this week. It's going well!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Touch rugby? What do you mean by wanting to see progress, progress within the activity or progress towards some body composition or conditioning goal?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier that despite not having lost any weight on the scale over the past 2 weeks, I can now fit in a pair of pants that I couldn't fit into a few weeks ago.

Anyway:
    SNACK: Apple slices with almond butter
    LUNCH: 2 vegetarian 'burger' patties. They were kind of blah. I'm going to have to make them more interesting if I want them to become a staple.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

WEight training we had no cardio and circuit training. I challenged myself on the weights to make up for the lack of running.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge