User Tag List

First 1969109117118119120121129169219 Last

Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3324

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Skipped Muay Thai yesterday.

It's weird, my reading for class tired me out so much that I just ended up going to sleep about 10pm.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    It's time for Udog's Nano Challengeô. Hey, why are you looking at me like that? This challenge thing is a totally original idea! I'm going to challenge myself to follow the "No Sugar, No Flour" diet by Dr. Gott for the next two weeks. The diet is as simple, and as hard, as it sounds: I will avoid sugar and flour for the next 2 weeks, starting now. The goal here is to rid myself of the taste for sweets.

Oh, and I woke up early and did Back and Biceps at the gym this morning. I'm feeling pretty good, but kind of slezzzzzzzzzzz*
    I can't join you in the diet, though I am curious to know
    what else there is to eat besides flour and sugar?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That's a good question, considering food is mostly made up of sugars, fats, and proteins.

Unless he means refined sugar.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    That's a good question, considering food is mostly made up of sugars, fats, and proteins.

Unless he means refined sugar.
    Most likely.

It's impossible to get rid of all sugars. Your body makes it's own from carbs.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Here's a brief review of the diet: Dr. Gott's No Flour No Sugar Diet - Diet Review. It's simple, but a bit extreme. I plan on sticking to it only for 2 weeks to help rid myself of my craving for sweets.

And yeah, I mean processed sugars. Sorry for not clarifying that.

Hap, the 3 macronutrients are carbohydrates, fat, and protein. What is normally considered as sugar (glucose, sucrose, fructose) is classified as a simple carbohydrate. Complex carbs are more like fiber (fruits, veggies) and starches (potatoes).

The problem with processed sugars is that they are densely packed with calories but contain no nutrients. A highly processed sugar diet makes it possible for you to eat 3,000 calories a day and still be malnourished. Which means your body may be in a form of starvation mode, because it's not getting the food it needs to run properly. You lose on multiple levels.

Fruit still contains sugars, but it also contains nutrients and fiber (mostly in the peel), making a 100 calorie apple pack alot of nutrition.

Carbs are good. The brain needs them for energy.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Lots of whole foods. Fruits, veggies, meats (some meats are healthier than others), dairy, spices, nuts, and legumes.

If you can't give up pasta and white bread, a good alternative is whole grain pasta and whole grain bread. The carbs aren't as refined. Plus, I personally find they have a richer taste.

MBTI
    ENFP

That picture's not me. It's some random Internet dude who cheated on his wife. But maybe if someone uses all 10 of their cheat days they have to do that to get back in the challenge?
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

We know - we were just kidding. It was funnier that way.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Here's last week's.

10/19
    Had a parfait for breakfast, an egg salad sandwich with veggies+chips+grapes for lunch, and some butternut squash soup for dinner.
    Eating: good
    Exercise: no

10/20
    Parfait for breakfast. Lunch was some sweet potato fries, and odwalla, and a cliff bar. For dinner I had stew on egg noodles and buttered bread. Did about 20 minutes of yoga.
    Eating: pretty good
    Exercise: some

10/21
    Parfait for breakfast. Had an early dinner of chicken, rice and green beans and some sugar cookies. Still feeling kind of sick, but well enough to get some exercise. Did 15 minutes of yoga to warm up, went for a 20 minute jog, and did another 20 minutes of yoga after.
    Exercise: yes

10/22
    Parfait for breakfast, bagel and cream cheese for lunch, eggs+mushrooms and spinach+biscuits and gravy+banana bread for dinner. Walked around a lot and took the stairs.
    Exercise: a little

10/23
    Had something for lunch but didn't write it down. Dinner of tortillas, chicken, rice, beans and veggies. Chai tea and hot cocoa. Walked around a lot.
    Eating: ok
    Exercise: some

10/24
    Fruit, yogurt and a scone for lunch. Hot cocoa. Did 10 minutes of yoga, 30 minutes jogging/walking/sprinting, and 10 more minutes of yoga.
    Exercise: yes

10/25
    Had almonds and poptarts for lunch. Dinner was quiche, carrots, and gelato.
    Exercise: no

TOTAL
    Exercise: 3/3 (It was split up more, but I was actually very active this week)

I'm pretty happy with how I did this week, especially since I was feeling kind of sick for part of it. Also I've realized it might not be possible for me to get in hour-long workouts just because things are getting kind of hectic, so I'm going to try to break it up into smaller workouts that I do every day and larger ones that I do a couple times a week, that way at least I actually get the exercise.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

I trained upper body yesterday. It was a good training session. I've been keeping carbs low too. I had oden for dinner this evening.

MBTI
    ENFJ

25 min Tae Bo/Ab workout

Too rainy to walk today. Again. AUGH. I heard that this was the wettest October here on record.

I have the opportunity to make my own dinner tonight though Planning on garlic/onion couscous with soybeans and maybe some soup.

I have a feeling that if I keep this up I'll end up built like a sumo wrestler.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge