• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Definitely won't be doing the treadmill for the next several days as I am officially a leper, again!

maybe I can do weights or situps- I might want and need to refrain from everything though- I didn't do any exercises yesterday.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just finished my exercises.

Just so you guys know... I am going to continue posting in this thread even after the contest is over.
I hope some of you will continue to post also.
I need you. :hug:

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
w00t! Officially lost 24.5 lbs today, and about 15 of that since Christmas. I weigh about what I did in highschool - 145 lbs. (which is amazing considering it's extremely difficult for me to get below 150 lbs even when I've been working out. Was 169 lbs before.)

For all you folks to feel motivated... here are two pictures from this week.

I am deff loosing fat, now I just want to lose a little more flab and then get muscle definition in my shoulders, back, legs, etc. My initial goal was to get to 135 - so 10 lbs left maybe. Want to look like the cover of Oxygen magazine! :D

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to my PT session today.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have carpel tunnel. :doh: I'm not entirely sure what this will do with my workout yet... most likely I'll have to stop with the lifting (remember legs is covered by PT) and focus on cardio. Hopefully with some ice I can have this gone in a week or so.

Definitely won't be doing the treadmill for the next several days as I am officially a leper, again!

maybe I can do weights or situps- I might want and need to refrain from everything though- I didn't do any exercises yesterday.

Aw man, bummer! My suggestion is to simply relax as much as possible and get plenty of fluids until you are feeling stronger. Exercise stresses the body and may increase recovery time.

Good well soon. :)

Just finished my exercises.

Just so you guys know... I am going to continue posting in this thread even after the contest is over.
I hope some of you will continue to post also.
I need you. :hug:

:yay: Good job, and I'm glad you are sticking around.

w00t! Officially lost 24.5 lbs today, and about 15 of that since Christmas. I weigh about what I did in highschool - 145 lbs. (which is amazing considering it's extremely difficult for me to get below 150 lbs even when I've been working out. Was 169 lbs before.)

For all you folks to feel motivated... here's a picture but it's actually from August last year. Am about 5-7 lbs less than I was even in that pic. Then the one in the dress is from a week ago.

I am deff loosing fat, now I just want to lose a little more flab and then get muscle definition in my shoulders, back, legs, etc. My initial goal was to get to 135 - so 10 lbs left maybe.

Congrats on the excellent progress! You are looking great. :)

Just remember, as you build muscle you'll be regaining some of the weight you are losing from fat. The scale may slow down quite a bit as you hit this phase. This is where photo evidence, tape measuring, and feeling how clothes fit becomes helpful.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I went to my PT session today.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have carpel tunnel. :doh: I'm not entirely sure what this will do with my workout yet... most likely I'll have to stop with the lifting (remember legs is covered by PT) and focus on cardio. Hopefully with some ice I can have this gone in a week or so.

What makes you think you have Carpal Tunnel?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes you think you have Carpal Tunnel?

It's my first guess based on the fact that it developed slowly due to a crappy work chair and too much time at the computer, especially at work.

The pain is at the bottom of my wrist (burning), with occasional shots (closer to stabbing) that go into my finger or up my elbow. Although the top of the left hand also is hurting a bit at the wrist and down my arm a small bit. It's early and nothing major, but enough to concern me.

You have any other ideas or thoughts? If it's still hurting this week after taking it easy (lifting/pushup/pullup wise) and icing it, I'll likely visit the doctor's.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
It's my first guess based on the fact that it developed slowly due to a crappy work chair and too much time at the computer, especially at work.

The pain is at the bottom of my wrist (burning), with occasional shots (closer to stabbing) that go into my finger or up my elbow. Although the top of the left hand also is hurting a bit at the wrist and down my arm a small bit. It's early and nothing major, but enough to concern me.

You have any other ideas or thoughts? If it's still hurting this week after taking it easy (lifting/pushup/pullup wise) and icing it, I'll likely visit the doctor's.

It may just be tendinitis from overworking your hands and forearms , since you have included exercises that stress your grip recently. And yeah having crappy ergonomics in your work environment may contribute as well.

Icing is good, to start. Try to alternate between cold and heat to help increase blood flow after icing gets rid of some swelling. Also perhaps you should look into some straps to take stress off your hands when you work out.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Ouch, hope the wrist gets better, Udog. That's no fun :(.

Update: I'm still sort of sick, but have started my regular workout schedule back up, so I'm still plugging along... it just hurts and tires me out now :)steam:). Trying to not make this darned cough into an excuse to not work out :D.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ouch, hope the wrist gets better, Udog. That's no fun :(.

Update: I'm still sort of sick, but have started my regular workout schedule back up, so I'm still plugging along... it just hurts and tires me out now :)steam:). Trying to not make this darned cough into an excuse to not work out :D.

Thanks. And I hope you continue to get better as well. Don't be afraid to use your cough as an excuse to take it at least a bit easier! :D

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks. And I hope you continue to get better as well. Don't be afraid to use your cough as an excuse to take it at least a bit easier! :D

Just use your judgment. If you're sick, exercise can weaken your immune system if you're not careful. Causing the problem to get worse.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here is the report for Week 25's results.

Those that need to report:
kelric
Trinity

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

:doh: forgot to say ahead of time, last week I was on holidays so cancelled my sessions, have gone twice this week so far though and going well.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aaaaaand I have completed my PT session for today. My wrists still hurt, but they are doing noticeably better. At this rate, I think they may be back to normal early next week.

*whew*

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Working out has been pathetic. I think my motivation is weather related. The colder, rainier it gets, the more its like pulling teeth. The brighter, and warmer it is, the more I want to do it.

On the bright side, my diet continues to go as decently as can be expected. Making healthier choices when I go out to eat (minus this last trip to chillis lol).

I discovered the wonderful invention of chocolate-flavored yogurt. Chocolate yogurt + Strawberries and bananas for breakfast?? I think it's impossible for me to ever over eat myself to the size I was again.. So many yummy healthier options.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, the only motivation I can really think about right now is exercising so I'm in better shape for May's adventures.

I do like that the days are getting longer, though. I may resume my forest walks this weekend.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am going to exercise right now. I didn't exercise yesterday (I am pretty sure) but I have been every other day.

^Like everyday but yesterday, if I didn't, which I don't think I did.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am going to exercise right now. I didn't exercise yesterday (I am pretty sure) but I have been every other day.

^Like everyday but yesterday, if I didn't, which I don't think I did.

You can't remember if you exercised yesterday? Must have been a pretty good day! :D

wolfy

awsm
I trained today, I did legs. I have some caffeine and tyrosine I got from the states now. It is cheaper to import supplements than buy them here. I love caffeine tabs and tyrosine, so good for focus. I love it. I love it intensely.