User Tag List

First 85898106107108109110118158208 Last

Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3324

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Ah man, sorry to hear that. Was it a cold, or do you think the exercise caused it?
    No, I'm definitely not "sick" in the normal sense. I think I might have taxed my heart too much. That's why it felt scary.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    No, I'm definitely not "sick" in the normal sense. I think I might have taxed my heart too much. That's why it felt scary.
    Yeah, that sounds stressful. I hope you feel better soon.

If you don't go see a doctor, remember that slow, gradual gains are important. Start with something that's easy, and slowly build from there. Doctors and (good) trainers are like safety nets. If you don't use a safety net, it's really important to use extra caution.

In my opinion, of course.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ok, did my organized workout for the day. I've been trying to get more active, walking to the store instead of driving and such things.

I have a mini challenge for myself this week! I'm going to try to eat healthy, and maybe vegetarian too. I've been slacking on the food side and I think it's hurting me. I keep hearing this thin person tell me how they are being careful and I'm eating pringles. So anyway, here goes a week of eating healthy!

What do healthy people put on salads? I can't remember what I used to use for dressing. I don't mean diet stuff, either.

I vaguely remember I used to watch fat intake and left a lot of food uneaten if I wasn't hungry. Like half a meal sometimes. I'm trying to remember exactly how to eat healthy though. I'm going to increase fresh fruit and veggies and watch sugars and fats. Portions are a big deal but I just want to go with healthy food for my first step.

So that's the Elaur Mini Challenge™ for the week.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Report for last week:

Monday and Tuesday: Travel hell - stuck in a car driving across states all day on Monday and stuck in airplanes/airports on Tuesday
    Wednesday: Flew in taking a 5:00 am flight and went straight to work. Too exhausted to think that evening.
    Thursday: Gentle work out - 35 mins on elliptical
    Friday-Sunday: Starring in my own version of zombie land. Completely spent from all the travel and trouble adjusting to the time difference across coasts. Slept most of the day both days.

Starting afresh this week with the 5 day goal again. No travel for six weeks so can actually get back into routine.

Oh, the good news is that I did lose 3 more pounds in the interim 2-3 weeks since my last weight report. Must be the hiking that kicked my butt. All straight uphill!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Elaur: To add some tips that I used when I started doing this...

I'm including a recipe I really really like because it incorporates something I love (buffalo wings) with salad and makes the dressing easy for me. If you don't like blue cheese, you can replace with any cheese honestly.

Also, I use Newman's Own Lime Vinegarette because I LOVE lime, but salad dressings are all about whatever flavors you like and LIGHT coatings. You should juuust taste it, not taste only it. As long as you keep the amount of dressing on the light side and ensure you coat the salad in it before you start eating it, the dressing won't add too many calories to your salad.

The easiest way to eat healthy is to substitute. Instead of a mocha-whatta-whoda-dunit-frap, make some regular coffee with a hint of coffeemate in it. Instead of salsa, go with pico-de-gallo. Instead of hamburger meat, go with turkey and chicken, pudding instead of pie, etc. Pick something you like, and replace it with something else you like that's better for you.

Also, frozen vegetables are a god-send. Most are already chopped, mixed and prepared, cheap, can be incorporated into any dish or recipe, and usually are frozen when they are at their peak so that the nutrients are preserved. Fresh broccoli loses it's nutrients within a few days, but frozen can keep them for months. A lot of them are like that, so that's recommended.

Bananas, I'm convinced, are a superfood. They help out your body so much I can't imagine NOT eating them. Anyways, hope that helps Here's the recipe. I use these people a lot since their recipes are made to cut calories from foods you enjoy.

Buffalo Chicken Salad
    Serves 4
    Calories per serving: 480

For Buffalo wing sauce: (or you can use your favorite)
    2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
    1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon salt

For the chicken:
    1 pound chicken tenders
    1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs or Panko bread crumbs
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil

For the dressing:
    1 ounce crumbled blue cheese (about 1/4 cup)
    1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
    2 tablespoons nonfat or low-fat buttermilk
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper.

For the salad:
    1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
    1/2 cucumber sliced
    6 celery stalks, thinly sliced

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together the hot sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt in a shallow dish until well blended. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.

2. Put the bread crumbs and oil in a shallow dish and toss to combine. Dredge each chicken tender in the bread crumbs, completely coating both sides. Transfer to the rack of a broiler pan or to a metal rack fitted over a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and crust is golden brown, about 12 minutes.

3. While the chicken is baking, stir together the cheese, yogurt, buttermilk and pepper. Toss with the lettuce, cucumber and celery until well coated. Divide the dressed greens and chicken tenders among 4 serving plates and serve immediately.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post

I vaguely remember I used to watch fat intake and left a lot of food uneaten if I wasn't hungry. Like half a meal sometimes. I'm trying to remember exactly how to eat healthy though. I'm going to increase fresh fruit and veggies and watch sugars and fats. Portions are a big deal but I just want to go with healthy food for my first step.

So that's the Elaur Mini Challenge™ for the week.
    That's basically the best thing you can do. The hardest part is going from eating whatever you feel like to watching what you eat. But then you get used to it, and can have ice cream or Pringles every once in a while without wanting the whole, or half of a, container. Just start by cutting back on whatever you are eating now, and throw in a few healthy foods. I think increasing healthy protein helps, too.

I don't know if you're a sugar person, but I am, and I noticed that when I was drinking a few sugary drinks a day, I was MUCH hungrier. Now that I'm down to a small Slurpee a day, I don't get as hungry for junk. I guess it jacks with your blood sugar.

Salad-wise, I'd eat the salad dressing you like, just less of it. There's nothing that makes me crankier than having to eat a salad with a diet vinagrette. (Edit: This rant against vinagrette was not in response to kyueii's post, above. Just a personal quirk.) Add some fruit, dried fruit, walnuts or pecans, etc. Make the salad more interesting.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ew, ice cream.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

More suggestions?

I really like broccoli slaw. It's several vegetables in one and actually quite filling and doesn't taste like broccoli heads (which are my arch nemesis). You get the most bang (nutrients) for your buck (amount consumed). On the dressings, the yogurt versions of ranch and blue cheese are quite good and I've seen them at most grocery stores. You can add nuts or sunflower seeds to make it more interesting and have some crunch, fresh tomatoes...

In general, I think Kyueei is right on the money. Don't give up everything at once - work with substituting with better options. I love my dessert every day so i make sure I have either this Zen soy pudding which is usually in the natural foods aisle (not a vegetarian - seriously just eat it because it is delicious!) which is dark chocolate goodness and only 2 weight watcher points or an ice cream sandwich (skinny cow or weight watchers chocolate are both really good) and also only 2 points each.

If you're not a sugar person and crave salt more - keep salty snacks available. Good options - light string cheese is quite fun and usually 1 point each for the skim variety. Other salty options - roasted nuts, homemade pita chips. Buy whole wheat pita at any store, cut into eights, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt/kosher salt and any herb of your choice. Rosemary and/or garlic salt are especially good. Bake in the oven at 400 for 5-8 minutes
    (check on them). Leave them standing and they get really crispy, like chips! These taste great and a few are VERY satisfying. You can make them and bag them for later too.

MBTI
    ENFJ

.8 mi to school

1 mi uneven terrain, not sure if that counts for anything.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I did a TON of walking at the State Fair of Texas on Saturday, including some up stairs/ramps at the Cotton Bowl stadium. I got sunburned and didn't drink enough water so I got pretty dehydrated. I'm going to try to get into a better routine this week.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel