First 75797105106107108109117157207 Last

Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3324

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I just finished my B workout - which means I've successfully completed my exercise goals. I will use 1 cheat for the Blizzard and the right to remove that stupid rule I made for myself.

I've also got my diet back on track over the weekend and have been eating pretty well.

Anyway, I tried a new smoothie today: chocolate/banana/peanut butter. It's more dessert like, but great for after exercising!

Banana/Chocolate/Peanut Butter Smoothie
    * Banana (mine was frozen)
    * .5 cup water
    * a couple of ice cubes
    * 1 cup milk
    * 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. (You can use a normal source of chocolate if you don't want the protein powder. Try Dark Chocolate Syrup or Dark Chocolate Powder if you want to limit sugar intake.)
    * 2 heaping teaspoons of organic, no sugar added peanut butter.

Protip: You know how it's really difficult to eat all your bananas before they go bad? Freeze them, and use them later as ingredients for your smoothies.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    So 2x cardio and 1x football this past week. Now that I'm not running outdoors anymore this thread is probably the only thing keeping me on track. I tell myself I HAVE to go to the gym to keep my three exercise days per week.
    Well done! I have to admit, if it wasn't for the fact that I've already used a cheat this week, I wouldn't have gone lifting today.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I just finished my B workout - which means I've successfully completed my exercise goals. I will use 1 cheat for the Blizzard and the right to remove that stupid rule I made for myself.

I've also got my diet back on track over the weekend and have been eating pretty well.

Anyway, I tried a new smoothie today: chocolate/banana/peanut butter. It's more dessert like, but great for after exercising!

Banana/Chocolate/Peanut Butter Smoothie
    * Banana (mine was frozen)
    * .5 cup water
    * a couple of ice cubes
    * 1 cup milk
    * 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. (You can use a normal source of chocolate if you don't want the protein powder. Try Dark Chocolate Syrup or Dark Chocolate Powder if you want to limit sugar intake.)
    * 2 heaping teaspoons of organic, no sugar added peanut butter.

Protip: You know how it's really difficult to eat all your bananas before they go bad? Freeze them, and use them later as ingredients for your smoothies.

Well done! I have to admit, if it wasn't for the fact that I've already used a cheat this week, I wouldn't have gone lifting today.
    Sounds yummy!

Congrats on staying on track!

MBTI
    INTP

Did my three miles this evening!

Has anybody seen those commercials for the Shake Weight? Looks kind of cool. I wonder if it's any good.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

10/12
    Had a parfait for breakfast, oreos for a snack. Half a sandwich, some chips and frozen yogurt for lunch. Popcorn later.
    Eating: ok
    Exercise: no

10/13
    An egg and english muffin sandwich for breakfast, a chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato for lunch, a fruit smoothie, saltines and oreos for a snack.
    Eating: good
    Exercise: no

10/14
    Chicken, lettuce, and cucumber sammich. Walked around for several hours. Had tofu stir fry and a strawberry popsicle for dinner. Snacked on some saltines.
    Exercise: yes

10/15
    Bagel and cream cheese for breakfast, curry for lunch, hot cocoa, soup (with tons of veggies) and carrots for dinner. Also had an Odwalla green juice smoothie thing.
    Exercise: no, was feeling rather under the weather.

10/16
    I can't remember what I had for lunch, but I drank a lot of hot cocoa. Had some veggies and crackers and fatty appetizers later, plus half a hamburger and fries for dinner.
    Exercise: no, still feeling sick

10/17
    Ate a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast, an odwalla smoothie and the other half of the hamburger for lunch, and french onion soup for dinner. Snacked on a cheese stick and some soup later.
    Exercise: no, sick

10/18
    Had fruit, yogurt, and granola for breakfast and an odwalla. Went on a 45 minute walk and took the stairs. Dinner was potatoes, broccoli, and a buttered bagel. Had a frozen yogurt thing, but it was really not that great, so I'm going to try to remember to just not buy those again.
    Eating: pretty good
    Exercise: some, even though I didn't feel that great.

TOTAL:
    Exercise: 2/3
    Cheat Day -1 (I'm not going to count sick days this time, as the workouts I did get were even pretty weak)

The cold weather is making me less inclined to go jogging, but that still seems to be the best workout option for me. I might start playing tennis (hopefully regularly) with a couple people I know though, once I'm feeling better.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Did my three miles this evening!

Has anybody seen those commercials for the Shake Weight? Looks kind of cool. I wonder if it's any good.
    I just watched a commercial, and was waiting for someone to smack themselves in the face with it.

I don't know if it would truly add that much compared to a dumbbell of similar or slightly higher weight. I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    TOTAL:
    Exercise: 2/3
    Cheat Day -1 (I'm not going to count sick days this time, as the workouts I did get were even pretty weak)

The cold weather is making me less inclined to go jogging, but that still seems to be the best workout option for me. I might start playing tennis (hopefully regularly) with a couple people I know though, once I'm feeling better.
    Yeah, as it gets colder it'll be harder to convince yourself to jog. Also, more important to properly warm up and cool down to avoid an injury. Tennis is awesome, though, so good luck with that.

Do you have any gyms available to you?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

1hr workout, 4 hours walking, 2x10min flexibility, 15 mins running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Long weekend of work, spent long hours on my feet. But spent the day recovering since work didn't call, gonna do some lifting and moving around setting up Halloween Decor and then off to Weight Training!

Also, incase I didn't post it: I am officially halfway to my weight goals. I'm officially 140.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

After my workout on Saturday, I had a spell where I felt very faint and really weak, with the occasional clammy sweats. It stayed with me all day Sunday and into the night. I barely slept Saturday and Sunday night because of it, I couldn't get comfortable.

So I finished this week with one sick day (Sunday), but even though I feel a good deal better today, I am calling a halt to the workouts until I feel 100%. It was a little unnerving.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

EffEm, sorry to hear you were so sick! I hope you're fully recovered soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Yeah, as it gets colder it'll be harder to convince yourself to jog. Also, more important to properly warm up and cool down to avoid an injury. Tennis is awesome, though, so good luck with that.
    Ah yes good point. I need to be more consistent with warming up and stretching anyway.

Do you have any gyms available to you?
    Supposedly there is some kind of recreation center on my campus. I uhh...can't run on treadmills though. I always trip on my own feet and get flung off. True story. And most of the machines are kinda useless as far as I can tell haha.

If I remember I'll try to squeeze in some yoga and stuff when I have my room to myself.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    After my workout on Saturday, I had a spell where I felt very faint and really weak, with the occasional clammy sweats. It stayed with me all day Sunday and into the night. I barely slept Saturday and Sunday night because of it, I couldn't get comfortable.

So I finished this week with one sick day (Sunday), but even though I feel a good deal better today, I am calling a halt to the workouts until I feel 100%. It was a little unnerving.
    Ah man, sorry to hear that. Was it a cold, or do you think the exercise caused it?