User Tag List

First 25292100101102103104112152202 Last

Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3324

Has anyone had any experience with the P90X workout plan? I was naturally immediately suspicious of it because it is sold in an infomercial, but I have two not-at-all-crazy friends who have used it and swear it works, and there are pretty positive reviews online. The caveat seems to be that you have to have the stones to stick with it, which is true of pretty much any program. The concept appeals to me because it's not expensive and you can do it at home with no equipment other than a resistance band and some dumbbells.

Anyone have an opinion?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Alright I did my modified workout, which I'm liking. Half hour total but it's hard work. Finished up but the 4 and 6 year old exercising with me and having a giggle fest was hilarious.
    Laughing burns calories. Well done 4 and 6 year old!

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the P90X workout plan? I was naturally immediately suspicious of it because it is sold in an infomercial, but I have two not-at-all-crazy friends who have used it and swear it works, and there are pretty positive reviews online. The caveat seems to be that you have to have the stones to stick with it, which is true of pretty much any program. The concept appeals to me because it's not expensive and you can do it at home with no equipment other than a resistance band and some dumbbells.

Anyone have an opinion?
    This seems like a pretty good article that talks about what to expect.
    Your Seat is also a Flotation Device: P90X Review: for the once fit person who'd like to reclaim their body

My friend, who I've worked out with in the past and has a solid knowledge base, has it. He's only done the first DVD, but says it's promising. It was recommended to him by friends who had success with it.

You'll need to buy some equipment (nothing major, though) to do some of the workouts, it appears.

EDIT: It sounds pretty intense. A doctor's visit before starting this is a good idea.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Total, or 2 for this week? (I already have you down for 2 total, 1 for week 3 and 1 for week 4.)
    Total. What you have is right.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So I didnt' do my work out DVD. I ended up stumbling somehow into a Commando Krav Maga 1on1 class instead today. I have the strangest luck it seems. I got a workout out of it, and had my ass thoroughly kicked.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Worked out. Woot!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Sorry for checking in so late, Udog. Ok:

Thursday: Magnificent, finally tried running my entire night route to see how long it really takes me (I usually only go 4/5 of the way and then warm down)- 45 minutes (counting probably 2 minutes stopping for shoelaces and to cross the street). Felt good, though my feet hurt.
    Friday: Nothing, cheat on eating a little (oh dim sum fried goodness), but overall not too bad.
    Saturday: Tired, some bicycling to barely make my minimum. (Bike chain only slips twice, yay.)
    Sunday: Awful, home stress getting to me. Binge on my go-to stress foods: half a packet of unsalted saltines, crackers, salty canned soups, etc. Which brings me a total of one more cheat last week.

Monday: Three hour hike! Only meant it to be two hours, but I got a little lost. Felt rather cathartic, so I still enjoyed it (plus I knew I would be all cooped inside for the storm). Saw a deer and a squirrel with a giant tail in the light so that it looked quite blue. Eating = great.
    Tuesday: It's raining buckets. Eating = good.

I tried your vegetable-fruit-nut smoothie recipe, with frozen banana and pineapple, romaine lettuce (the dark green outer parts that no one ever wants), cashews and a touch of orange juice. It was tasty and spring green. (The version with spring mix? Not so tasty or appetizingly colored.)

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I was thinking about doing this. Problem is it involves getting up pretty early so I can run while it's still dark (I can't bear to jog in the glaring honesty of the sun If you saw me trying to run, you'd understand).
    I'm with you Poppy. Too many people... looking. And, to be honest, too many distractions. All it takes is a shiny bauble or a vague spare thought and my jog becomes a walking crawl as I contemplate the petals of a flower or eternity gets shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Because I stopped carrying so much water weight now, I checked the scale -- I've lost about 4 lbs since I first started.
    Congratulations! The beginning to exercise part is the hardest. Now you're really into the habit, it'll feel good continuing.

I've lost 2 (not counting the five pounds I gained and lost due to vacation time :P), which brings me to an average of a third of a pound a week.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I had a good day the other day - the scale showed about three more pounds down. However, I think maybe I have pneumonia - coughing all night, can't breathe, losing my voice by the end of the day, but not really horrible enough to warrant making 3 hours of sub plans a night. I exercised two days last week. This is bad! I could've at least done a stretching video or something! Sorry for the late posting - it was Thanksgiving today, so we had the family here most of the weekend.
    I forgot, you're Canadian. :P If you're not feeling well, fidelia, you better not push it- go see a doctor, asap! (That universal health care's gotta be good for something.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Thanks Colors! The only problem with universal health care is that it means that health care is accessible to everyone and therefore there are not enough doctors to go around! Sometimes it takes a week or two to get in...

EffEmmW (I got lazy at the end) - My boyfriend and about five of his friends did P90X. He lost about 20 pounds and loved it. I find the guy annoying and not the best trainer I've seen, but the exercises are good and it certainly will kick your butt. They also have a diet plan included with it.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm really going to try to do my exercise program today.
    I'm feeling well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the P90X workout plan?

Anyone have an opinion?
    I think MacGuffin did it, ask him, I don't know much about it. As far as programs go there are a lot of solid programs around on the net. I could point you in the right direction if you give me some info on goals, equipment etc.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You guys keep bumping this to try to make me do my workout? FINE!