Iíve noticed a lot of members starting to get into the exercise kick around here, and I figured a contest of some sort would help motivate us all. The idea is you will share your exercising goals for the next several months, and report back every week on how successfully youíve reached them.
People who make it 6 months will get some sort of prize.
Rules N' Stuff
Hereís what Iím thinking about as far as rules. Iím all about the spirit of the law vs the letter, but we need something. Comments, suggestions, additions?
1. Starts Monday, August 31.
I can delay to September 7th if that will help.
**I will post a thread Saturday or Sunday to kick off the contest.
2. The contest will last for 6 months, or until there is only one participant remaining. Contest ends March 1, 2010.
3. Share your goals before the contest begins.
4. At the end of each week, report on the week's activities.
5. There will be a prize, but not worth cheating for. Iím aiming for Ďkinda neatí. Last man standing or all participants at the end of 6 months will get something.
5. There will be allowance for vacations, injuries, etc, where exercise is not possible. Prior notification for vacations and notification of injuries and sickness, with a speedy return to the program will be fine.
6. There will be a 1 week grace period for simply screwing up a week.
6. Each person will have 10 cheat days. You lose a cheat based on the number of days you come short of your weekly goals. For example, if your goal is 4 days of cardio each week, and you only exercise twice, you lose 2 cheat days. This is in addition to planned vacation, sickness, and injury.
1. But Udog, you are an INFP. You arenít going to lose interest in this 2 months down the road and let this fall apart, are you?
Geez, there's always one! If we do this, we are seeing it through.
2. Who is this for?
I'm intending this for people that have fairly recently started exercising, as they are the ones that need to get into the exercise habit. Advanced users are welcome too - perhaps we can create an ďAdvancedĒ section if there's interest. Give me your ideas if you are interested.
3. What kind of exercise goals do we need?
That's up to you. It just needs to be challenging and agreed upon that it's 'exercise'. Playing WoW and running the wild continents of IceSwordCrest doesn't count. Weíll agree to it before the contest begins.
4. What if I want to change the goals?
That should be fine, as well, as long as you arenít changing them to the donut diet. Just be sure to let the contest users know.
5. What if I have other questions?
Thatís the point of this thread. Bring it up and weíll discuss it.
List of potential participants:
Scott N Denver
Udog (I can't win it, though.)