User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?

Iíve noticed a lot of members starting to get into the exercise kick around here, and I figured a contest of some sort would help motivate us all. The idea is you will share your exercising goals for the next several months, and report back every week on how successfully youíve reached them.

People who make it 6 months will get some sort of prize.

Rules N' Stuff
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hereís what Iím thinking about as far as rules. Iím all about the spirit of the law vs the letter, but we need something. Comments, suggestions, additions?

1. Starts Monday, August 31. I can delay to September 7th if that will help.
    **I will post a thread Saturday or Sunday to kick off the contest.
    2. The contest will last for 6 months, or until there is only one participant remaining. Contest ends March 1, 2010.
    3. Share your goals before the contest begins.
    4. At the end of each week, report on the week's activities.
    5. There will be a prize, but not worth cheating for. Iím aiming for Ďkinda neatí. Last man standing or all participants at the end of 6 months will get something.
    5. There will be allowance for vacations, injuries, etc, where exercise is not possible. Prior notification for vacations and notification of injuries and sickness, with a speedy return to the program will be fine.
    6. There will be a 1 week grace period for simply screwing up a week.
    6. Each person will have 10 cheat days. You lose a cheat based on the number of days you come short of your weekly goals. For example, if your goal is 4 days of cardio each week, and you only exercise twice, you lose 2 cheat days. This is in addition to planned vacation, sickness, and injury.

FAQ
    1. But Udog, you are an INFP. You arenít going to lose interest in this 2 months down the road and let this fall apart, are you?
    Geez, there's always one! If we do this, we are seeing it through.

2. Who is this for?
    I'm intending this for people that have fairly recently started exercising, as they are the ones that need to get into the exercise habit. Advanced users are welcome too - perhaps we can create an ďAdvancedĒ section if there's interest. Give me your ideas if you are interested.

3. What kind of exercise goals do we need?
    That's up to you. It just needs to be challenging and agreed upon that it's 'exercise'. Playing WoW and running the wild continents of IceSwordCrest doesn't count. Weíll agree to it before the contest begins.

4. What if I want to change the goals?
    That should be fine, as well, as long as you arenít changing them to the donut diet. Just be sure to let the contest users know.

5. What if I have other questions?
    Thatís the point of this thread. Bring it up and weíll discuss it.

List of potential participants:
    Antimony
    Blackcat
    cafe
    Clonester
    Colors
    DiscoBiscuit
    Eagle
    Eck
    Elaur
    ergophobe
    erm
    Feops
    Fidelia
    Jen
    Kyuuei
    ladypinkington
    Little Linguist
    Night
    PinkPiranha
    Pitseleh
    poppy
    Rainbows
    ScantilyClad
    Scott N Denver
    Tallulah
    Trinity
    Udog (I can't win it, though.)
    Userhername
    Last edited by Udog; 08-26-2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: 8/25: 3 new users. 8/26: Changed cheat rules.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Sounds like a cool idea. I'll probably sit it out though as I'm shipping off for college at the end of next month and god knows what my exercise routine will become. Then again, maybe this is exactly what I need
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Count me in! I was just thinking about starting something up. Thanks for taking the initiative!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm totally down! A challenge that challenges myself?! You bet! And poppy don't be a wuss! I have college too, AND two jobs coming up, so I won't have any days off for quite some time So you KNOW you wanna try and work off all those ramen noodles you'll be eating!

1. Starts Monday, August 31. I can delay to September 7th if that will help.
    2. How long should this go? I say 6 months. Is 3 more reasonable?
    3. Share your goals before the contest begins, and let us know how you do each week.
    4. There will be a prize, but worth cheating for. Iím aiming for Ďkinda neatí.
    5. There will be some sort of allowance for vacations, etc, where exercise is not possible. I think prior notification will be reasonable enough.
    6. There will be a 1 week grace period for simply screwing up a week.
    Sept 1st could be a good starting date! 6 months is a good set up as well, as people's lifestyles and changes throughout the fall and winter can adjust a lot with this grace period.

I think, overall, the person closest to (or the person that's exceeded the most) their goals overall while maintaining their updates and sticking to their regimes the closest will determine the winner? The categories being diet, cardio, strength training, and determined goals for weight?? Just suggestions.

We could have a dandy little weekly fill-out sheet that they can C&P so we can clearly see each category. ^_^ This is going to be fun!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'm totally down! A challenge that challenges myself?! You bet!

Sept 1st could be a good starting date! 6 months is a good set up as well, as people's lifestyles and changes throughout the fall and winter can adjust a lot with this grace period.

I think, overall, the person closest to (or the person that's exceeded the most) their goals overall while maintaining their updates and sticking to their regimes the closest will determine the winner? The categories being diet, cardio, strength training, and determined goals for weight?? Just suggestions.

We could have a dandy little weekly fill-out sheet that they can C&P so we can clearly see each category. ^_^ This is going to be fun!
    Why not...

Name: Eagle
    Weight Goal: 145-150
    Current Weight: 145
    Training Goals:
    - Varied Workout
    -6 Miles of Running a Week
    - Unknown Amount of Swimming
    - Unknown Amount of Biking
    - 2 Sessions of PT
    - Various Aerobics

I'm not very demanding. The only thing that will be hard is the freakin' schedule. Everything else I would do at some point anyways.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I wanna do it!!!

KEEP ME POSTED
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

OK, I have a goal in mind if you decide to do it. A triple bw deadlift (belt) and a double BW bench (loose bench shirt)

EDIT Actually, sorry I think I'll pull out. I'm going to do what I said I would but don't want to be in any competition. Forum competitions have a habit of fizzling out. Sorry.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I think it's more of a support group thinly disguised as a competition, if that helps.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I think it's more of a support group thinly disguised as a competition, if that helps.
    No, but thanks. I love to compete. I love the give and take, the playfulness and energy, the excitement and a little bit of competition. (Thanks BestFitType)

It annoys me when things fizzle out. I will keep an eye on this thread and support you all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I'm in.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.