• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Welcome to the fray! The MMA thing is badass - much respect.

How many times do you wish to work out a week?

In a perfect world I'd like to go five times a week.

Being as busy with school as I am, I can usually make it four times a week.

I try to always make it on fridays for circuit training and jiu-jitsu.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In a perfect world I'd like to go five times a week.

Being as busy with school as I am, I can usually make it four times a week.

I try to always make it on fridays for circuit training and jiu-jitsu.

4x a week sounds good to me! You can always exercise more if opportunity arises.

Is Makoto Nagano on it in the states too. We watch the original version Sasuke here in Japan, it's very popular at my house.

Yup. He's one of the "Ninja Warrior All stars", and they make a big deal of him here as well. We don't get to see all the competitors, though - and I suspect we get a much larger emphasis on the American Ninjas than you guys do.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Updated OP. Revised Rule 6 - we are going with 10 cheat days instead of 1 week grace period.

wolfy

awsm
Yup. He's one of the "Ninja Warrior All stars", and they make a big deal of him here as well. We don't get to see all the competitors, though - and I suspect we get a much larger emphasis on the American Ninjas than you guys do.

The American Ninjas make appearances on Sasuke. Usually there is a couple of them on.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Glad you can join! What kind of exercises will you do for prep until you have access to the fancier equipment?

Thanks.

Err, well, there's a swing chair I can military press. Jump squats. Weighted press ups (bench press).

Can't think of anything for deadlifts. Any ideas?

I'm hoping the running I'm doing at the moment will partially translate into swimming. (6 runs a week at the moment, switching to 2 runs, 2 swims a week when the gym arrives on the scene)

Chin ups and pull ups can both be done on this branch outside where I live now. Dips on some solid bannisters.

I won't bother with sprinting until I'm back to my old running form. (Couldn't run a mile a week ago, now up to about 2 miles)

Flexibility I'll save for yoga classes in a month.

I also have to make sure I'm hitting protein targets to back this regime up, at least after a few months in. Probably around 90g on resistance days, 70-80g on the other days.

EDIT: I will do other exercises, I'm just not setting targets for em.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks.

Err, well, there's a swing chair I can military press. Jump squats. Weighted press ups (bench press).

Can't think of anything for deadlifts. Any ideas?

I'm hoping the running I'm doing at the moment will partially translate into swimming. (6 runs a week at the moment, switching to 2 runs, 2 swims a week when the gym arrives on the scene)

Chin ups and pull ups can both be done on this branch outside where I live now. Dips on some solid bannisters.

I won't bother with sprinting until I'm back to my old running form. (Couldn't run a mile a week ago, now up to about 2 miles)

Flexibility I'll save for yoga classes in a month.

I also have to make sure I'm hitting protein targets to back this regime up, at least after a few months in. Probably around 90g on resistance days, 70-80g on the other days.

EDIT: I will do other exercises, I'm just not setting targets for em.

Sounds like a pretty good place holder. You guys are going to make me up my initial exercise goals a bit, I think!

I don't have any suggestions for deadlifts, but there is a Weight Lifting Thread where you can probably get some help. There are alot of people posting in that thread that really know what they are doing. :)

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Is this just like a moral support group, or is there actually a competition underway?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is this just like a moral support group, or is there actually a competition underway?

This is the intuitive version of a competition, where the rules are vague impressions. :newwink:

Anyway, Dog, go ahead and put me on your list. yesterday I totally parked the farthest away possible from the building in the C&J's Barbecue parking lot, so I'm basically unstoppable now. :cool:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

There's actually a competition, and it starts Monday Aug 31st. However, everyone is welcome to join in on the thread, even if they aren't interested in the competition portion.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/health-fitness/21154-typec-exercise-challenge-contest.html

This is the intuitive version of a competition, where the rules are vague impressions. :newwink:

No, that's the "P" way of handling rules - add some flexibility. True N rules are more like "Lose 50 pounds in 6 months," with no practical exercise routine to get you there. :D

Anyway, Dog, go ahead and put me on your list. yesterday I totally parked the farthest away possible from the building in the C&J's Barbecue parking lot, so I'm basically unstoppable now. :cool:

:worthy: Are you sure this is a good idea, Jeff? The rest of us may get intimidated by your sheer mightiness and lose heart. I'd hate for the last man standing to utterly crush the will to live out of our remaining participants. Think of the children, Jeff!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
:worthy: Are you sure this is a good idea, Jeff? The rest of us may get intimidated by your sheer mightiness and lose heart. I'd hate for the last man standing to utterly crush the will to live out of our remaining participants. Think of the children, Jeff!

Okay, I'll promise not to wear anything sheer. Deal?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Public and official thanks to Udog for putting the work into organizing this thing and keeping us updated! Extra puppy treats and a chew toy for you!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I'll promise not to wear anything sheer. Deal?

What about your motto, "If it's not sheer, it's not worthy of Jeffster." This isn't some ploy to participate naked, is it? Because the ladies wouldn't likely be able to handle that. Some of the men, too.

Barring that, of course you are welcome to join. Although I do question the practicality of exercise goals that require a trip to C&J's BBQ. (Mind you, I've never been, but I don't question the awesomeness of such goals.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What about your motto, "If it's not sheer, it's not worthy of Jeffster." This isn't some ploy to participate naked, is it? Because the ladies wouldn't likely be able to handle that. Some of the men, too.

It just shows the level of commitment I have, I am prepared to make that sacrifice.

Barring that, of course you are welcome to join. Although I do question the practicality of exercise goals that require a trip to C&J's BBQ. (Mind you, I've never been, but I don't question the awesomeness of such goals.)

Well, I don't make goals, period. Unless it's "my goal is to have fun" I guess. But I do want to exercise more. I was doing very well with that when I was in a weight loss contest at work last year (I won it, by the way) but I definitely got back out of the good habits i developed and not surprisingly started to gain weight again. But I am still ahead of where I was when I started that contest so it's not like I'm starting from scratch.

Oh, and the trip to C&J's was not REQUIRED, it just happened to be where I felt like going to lunch on Friday.