User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Veer in what way? If you mean veer from exercising at all, then yes. However, if you mean different forms of exercise, just make your goals flexible enough to fit several regimens.
    I mean veer from a schedule period. I'm too sporadic and impulsive to stick to a self-imposed schedule.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

** Updated OP with info and the current list of interested users.**

It should be noted that 6 months will take us to March 1, 2010. Of course, this being a last man standing contest, we may never make it that far out. We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I mean veer from a schedule period. I'm too sporadic and impulsive to stick to a self-imposed schedule.
    Fair enough. Good luck!

Glycerine

The glorious Udog will. *shhhh, it's a secret though*

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Hah! I thought school was supposed to make you smarter.

Glycerine

Well actually I totally spaced out on the time and came 35 minutes late to my honors class... so not quite.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting the 1st (or 31st, I forget)! I'll see if I can keep up on it while I'm away, but we'll see. (There are roads in Germany, aren't there?)

Seriously though, reading your guys' fitness goals- y'all crazy. I have been doing more active things the last 6 months or so but I suck at structuring myself into anything.

My goals:
    1) an 8 minute mile- I haven't timed myself in ages but in high school I think my best time was 9:45
    2) hiking once a week (90 min) & jogging 3 times a week (40 min): This is not extremely difficult for me right now, but will probably take lots of planning and determination once my classes start. I think my goal will just be to keep this schedule at first, and if I succeed to increase distance/decrease time.
    3) I would also like to take a dance class (they are usually 100 minutes a week, I believe), but we'll see on this one
    4) 10 push-ups (in a row!)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Udog (I can't win it, though.)
    You are a winner. You ARE a winner!

I'm actually getting a bit excited! I think I'm going to go for 30-60 minutes on weekdays. I really want to make 60 minutes but with a 4 year old home and 3 other random children at school and with all my responsibilities I think 30-60 is a good plan to be able to hit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I'm in!!

Goals:

First month: 30 minutes of cardio five days a week, hike/run on the weekend.
    Add 15 minutes for weights each day to ensure a good upper body and legs workout.

Second month onwards: Increase the cardio to 45 minutes and substitute with a run outside on good weather days.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting the 1st (or 31st, I forget)! I'll see if I can keep up on it while I'm away, but we'll see. (There are roads in Germany, aren't there?)

My goals:
    1) an 8 minute mile- I haven't timed myself in ages but in high school I think my best time was 9:45
    2) hiking once a week (90 min) & jogging 3 times a week (40 min): This is not extremely difficult for me right now, but will probably take lots of planning and determination once my classes start. I think my goal will just be to keep this schedule at first, and if I succeed to increase distance/decrease time.
    3) I would also like to take a dance class (they are usually 100 minutes a week, I believe), but we'll see on this one
    4) 10 push-ups (in a row!)
    Sounds great! I hope you enjoy your vacation - I've always wanted to visited Germany, so consider me envious! Do you know what day you will be getting back?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    You are a winner. You ARE a winner!

I'm actually getting a bit excited! I think I'm going to go for 30-60 minutes on weekdays. I really want to make 60 minutes but with a 4 year old home and 3 other random children at school and with all my responsibilities I think 30-60 is a good plan to be able to hit.
    It's "a winner is you."

You are smart keeping your goals reasonable. I worry about people overdoing it right out of the gate, before they've gotten into the habit.

And I agree - I'm getting pretty excited about this as well! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111)
    Last edited by Udog; 08-25-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Formatting error

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    I'm in!!

Goals:

First month: 30 minutes of cardio five days a week, hike/run on the weekend.
    Add 15 minutes for weights each day to ensure a good upper body and legs workout.

Second month onwards: Increase the cardio to 45 minutes and substitute with a run outside on good weather days.
    Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join us.

5 days of 30 minutes of cardio, with 15 minutes for weights? Sounds great! I like that you've already planned month 2 increases.