User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    May I suggest that you allow yourself a bit of leeway? Unless you know yourself well enough to know that one cheat will ruin your efforts, at least.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't thinking about making this into an absolute boot camp. The goal still remains the same - yoga three times a week + balanced meals regularly every day and make a habit of this.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Okay I am in. I have been doing 30 minutes on the tredmill 5 days a week and would like to make it 1 hour on the tredmill 5 days a week.

I have done an hour at a time here and there but would really like to push myself to do an hour consistantly. Also do like a 100 situps or more everyday.
    Sweeet. Sounds great!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ These are respectable goals Any changes in your diet? Or do you already eat pretty healthy?
    Not really. I don't think I need to cut back on any sugar or anything. I don't really like it, and I never eat sugars, sweets in general, cake, other baked goods etc. I eat really healthy. I opt for spices over fat.

Whenever I do have something that is "bad for me" it is normally good, because I don't eat much of it. I suppose the guidelines I can set are don't eat any more sugar/fat stuff than I do currently. As long as I don't go beyond what I am doing now.

Sounds good! Although by now you may know my stance on doing exercise every day. Rest is good, and so is room to error. Might I suggest 5 days a week? You can always still do 7 days on your own, but consider 5 the minimum.
    And yeah, I will go 5 day minimum. There will be days I can't work out anyways, being I have a pretty active social life. Sometimes I might make it 7, and as I work up more muscle and tolerance, I will raise my level of intensity/how much I work out.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I think my goal will be to maintain the amount of exercise I'm doing right now through fall and winter:

-1 solid hour of exercise, 3 times a week (either hiking, swimming, or yoga+crunches/lunges kind of stuff). This is in addition to normal walking to classes kind of stuff.

Also:

-Adopt a meal schedule that's more natural for me: a good breakfast, a late lunch, and a late evening snack.
    -eat more fresh vegetables.

I already eat pretty well (whole wheat everything, lots of fruit, lean meats, light yogurt) so part of the challenge will be continuing to do that once I go live in the dorms and can't cook my own food any more. I think Subway will be seeing a lot of me as that's about the only fast-food type restaurant that I'm willing to eat at.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just joined a gym today. I exercised for 3 hours without even realizing it. I plan on doing this every day after class (4 days a week).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I think my goal will be to maintain the amount of exercise I'm doing right now through fall and winter:

-1 solid hour of exercise, 3 times a week (either hiking, swimming, or yoga+crunches/lunges kind of stuff). This is in addition to normal walking to classes kind of stuff.

Also:

-Adopt a meal schedule that's more natural for me: a good breakfast, a late lunch, and a late evening snack.
    -eat more fresh vegetables.

I already eat pretty well (whole wheat everything, lots of fruit, lean meats, light yogurt) so part of the challenge will be continuing to do that once I go live in the dorms and can't cook my own food any more. I think Subway will be seeing a lot of me as that's about the only fast-food type restaurant that I'm willing to eat at.
    That's the spirit! Welcome aboard!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I just joined a gym today. I exercised for 3 hours without even realizing it. I plan on doing this every day after class (4 days a week).
    Ah, you guys have made a just and true decision. Stick to it, and all of your wildest dreams will come true. Assuming your wildest dreams are limited to getting in better shape and losing some weight.

Glycerine

I think school will give me enough exercise. I tend to lose weight when school is in session only because I walk A LOT around school to de-stress myself, lol. However, I will still attempt to do this.
    EDIT: Wow, that made me sound uber obsessive about weight but I'm really not. A couple years back, I chose to be completely sedentary for a whole year and gained 10% of my total body weight so yeah.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    That's the spirit! Welcome aboard!
    Ah, you guys have made a just and true decision. Stick to it, and all of your wildest dreams will come true. Assuming your wildest dreams are limited to getting in better shape and losing some weight.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes. I need to get this flab off of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I think school will give me enough exercise. I tend to lose weight when school is in session, lol. However, I will still attempt to do this still.
    You're like a stick already! No need to be worried about weight.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)