User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Phantonym

Oh yeah, to make things interesting and more challenging, I'm going to throw in some dietary goals to lose some weight as well. I already have the no junk-food, no sweets, no added sugar, no wheat, lots of water and walking thing going on but I want to make the healthy meals more regular = 3 full meals and 2 snacks a day.

MBTI
    INTP

For anyone looking for motivation, bookmark this link to a before and after section of a fitness discussion board. People post their results after varying types of workouts, diets and time.

Anyone concerned about going to a gym and feeling like they are too fat or weak and won't fit in, my experience has been that regulars like it when someone comes in because the change (both physically and in their confidence/self-image) is dramatic and wonderful to see happen.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

goals-

take a class at the gym four times a week and burn at least 600 calories per class.
    elliptical (at home) at least 30 minutes four times a week. calorie burn at least 200.
    cut back on sugar.
    drink more water.

class schedule-
    monday- muscle class at 6:30 pm
    tuesday- cycle at 8:30 am
    wednesday- boot camp class 10:00 am
    thursday- muscle class at 9:30 am
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Very good goals Classes highly motivate me because I feel like I can't let the instructor and classmates down, and it's scheduled so I'm morely likely to stick to it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Alright

My Super Epic Goals (The Minimums)

10 push ups a day
    30 sit ups
    4 sets of 4 lunges on each leg (total of 32, 16 for each leg)
    Walk more. 30 minutes?
    More water/tea minusing sugar.
    Incorporate even more pilates, to not bulk up on muscle. Ew.

Weight goal: 115 lbs, minimum. I weigh...hm. 124-126. Something like that. So, 10-15lbs.

This isn't too hard. I already do all of this stuff every day.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ These are respectable goals Any changes in your diet? Or do you already eat pretty healthy?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Wait, okay, so when do we start? ***looks confused***
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Great stuff guys! I think this could turn out to be pretty fun and challenging.

One note: The goals like, "I want to weigh X pounds and run X miles" is great for motivation, but I won't be using those. For the contest, I'll be using the "Exercise 4 times a week" type goals, as that's the type of thing that will get you to X pounds over time.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    You're right I need a minimum, I'll start with cardio 4 days a week for 45 minutes a day.
    <Mr Burns>Excelleeent</Mr Burns>

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I need to put on some muscle, so I'll commit to doing wall-sits, twisty-half-situps* and push-ups every day until 2010.
    Sounds good. Have you thought about adding leg lunges to the mix? They would make a fine addition to your routine.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Goals (don't laugh - I said I was wimpy):
    Drink only two cans of soda a day
    Eat at least one serving of fruit/vegetable a day
    Continue to walk at least a mile with my husband 3 or more times a week.
    Do some kind of crunches every day for . . . I'll start with five minutes and add a few more minutes each week
    No one is laughing - those sound like admirable starting goals. I do recommend you make it a 5 day a week on the crunches thing. 7 days a week doesn't allow much room for error or rest.

If you want to challenge yourself a bit more down the line, you can always add other types of abdomen exercises. I did that a long time ago, and it was really satisfying to see the difference after being consistent after 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    My goal would then be to resume my 3x/week schedule I had going before and stick to it, less a few unavoidable exceptions such as illness, injury, and absence. Keeping the pace for 6 straight months would be quite the feat for me.
    I think 6 straight months will be a feat for everyone participating in this thread. Those sound like solid goals to me - that's enough to build some muscle at least.

And of course there will be leeway for illness and injury. All I really expect is some sort of communication so that I know you are still trying and just had a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I want to continue my exercise schedule- Run 3 days a week, 1 day soccer, 1 day volleyball (which will switch to hockey in October).
    Sounds pretty challenging! Soccer is a great workout - tons of sprinting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Oh yeah, to make things interesting and more challenging, I'm going to throw in some dietary goals to lose some weight as well. I already have the no junk-food, no sweets, no added sugar, no wheat, lots of water and walking thing going on but I want to make the healthy meals more regular = 3 full meals and 2 snacks a day.
    Between that and the yoga that sounds pretty worthwhile and challenging to me. No junk food and sweets over 6 months isn't very reasonable, though, especially since we have the holidays coming up at the end of the year.

May I suggest that you allow yourself a bit of leeway? Unless you know yourself well enough to know that one cheat will ruin your efforts, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    goals-

take a class at the gym four times a week and burn at least 600 calories per class.
    elliptical (at home) at least 30 minutes four times a week. calorie burn at least 200.
    cut back on sugar.
    drink more water.

class schedule-
    monday- muscle class at 6:30 pm
    tuesday- cycle at 8:30 am
    wednesday- boot camp class 10:00 am
    thursday- muscle class at 9:30 am
    I like those goals. Getting involved with a class is a good idea. How long is the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Alright

My Super Epic Goals (The Minimums)

10 push ups a day
    30 sit ups
    4 sets of 4 lunges on each leg (total of 32, 16 for each leg)
    Walk more. 30 minutes?
    More water/tea minusing sugar.
    Incorporate even more pilates, to not bulk up on muscle. Ew.
    Sounds good! Although by now you may know my stance on doing exercise every day. Rest is good, and so is room to error. Might I suggest 5 days a week? You can always still do 7 days on your own, but consider 5 the minimum.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Wait, okay, so when do we start? ***looks confused***
    Unless I hear a big uprising, official start date is Monday, August 31st! I'll update the OP tomorrow, and create the official thread this weekend.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Okay I am in. I have been doing 30 minutes on the tredmill 5 days a week and would like to make it 1 hour on the tredmill 5 days a week.

I have done an hour at a time here and there but would really like to push myself to do an hour consistantly. Also do like a 100 situps or more everyday.

I don't have a losing weight goal per se as I am more interested in losing inches. I want to lose inches and tone up more then lose weight. My grand goal is to be able to fit and fit well the peach dress hubby proposed to me in that made his eyes pop out- it was hilarious to see his cartoon dog hello nurse reaction! It is one hell of a dress,lol.

Don't know the specifics of inches needed to do that- my victory will be getting into the dress- I just want to keep going until that happens and of course keep a regimen up afterwards so that I can continue wearing it,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables