User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTx

Peer motivation is a good thing, I think.

My workout has slackened off so this would be a nice point to jump back into it.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Okay. So my goal, overall, is to get down to and maintain 130lbs. How I aim to do this:

- Eat breakfast everyday.
    - Drink water (I already do this.. Water, tea, juice, and milk are all I ever want.)
    - Have 5 basic meals that add up to roughly 1300 calories.
    - Continue the healthy cooking I've been doing via the Cook Yourself Thin cookbook

- Go to class monday through thursday. (Monday and Wed. Nights I have weight training class, Tue and Thurs I have aerobics class)
    - Continue running/walking with my folks
    - Continue to alternate different levels of the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD
    - Skate at least 3 times a week.
    - Have 1 day of rest a week.
    Sounds like a very active lifestyle. *envies* Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post

My workout has slackened off so this would be a nice point to jump back into it.
    It is indeed. Not only is it a good thing, but some sort of support group that holds you accountable is a huge indicated of success.

Have you thought about what type of exercise goals you'd like to challenge yourself with?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post

Just let me even think that I might be letting people down and there's no way I can fail We'd be happy to help motivate you!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

You're right I need a minimum, I'll start with cardio 4 days a week for 45 minutes a day.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I need to put on some muscle, so I'll commit to doing wall-sits, twisty-half-situps* and push-ups every day until 2010.

*Where you sit in the halfway position in a sit-up, rotate your abdominal muscles while you palm both hands to your left, and then both hands to your right. "One" equals a left-right combination. This is more fun to do than a normal sit-up, works more core muscles, and though you have to do quantitatively more to get a similar burn, does not involve neck strain.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Oh man. I am a wimp for real. But I have a class reunion in a couple of months, so maybe between that and this I will do something about my midsection. I am not worried about how much I weigh at this point, I just don't like where some of it has settled.

Goals (don't laugh - I said I was wimpy):
    Drink only two cans of soda a day
    Eat at least one serving of fruit/vegetable a day
    Continue to walk at least a mile with my husband 3 or more times a week.
    Do some kind of crunches every day for . . . I'll start with five minutes and add a few more minutes each week
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Cafe ^ An easy way of regulating the soda thing is to just have your sodas with lunch and dinner..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Cafe ^ An easy way of regulating the soda thing is to just have your sodas with lunch and dinner..
    That is a very good idea. It's so hard to pay attention to that stuff that it really is best if I just make a thing part of my routine so I don't have to try to remember.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    It is indeed. Not only is it a good thing, but some sort of support group that holds you accountable is a huge indicated of success.

Have you thought about what type of exercise goals you'd like to challenge yourself with?
    Hmm. Well my exercises weren't really aimed at losing weight but gaining muscle. That said, my flaw is not in setting unrealistic goals, but that of failing in consistency.

My goal would then be to resume my 3x/week schedule I had going before and stick to it, less a few unavoidable exceptions such as illness, injury, and absence. Keeping the pace for 6 straight months would be quite the feat for me.

MBTI
    ENFP

I want to continue my exercise schedule- Run 3 days a week, 1 day soccer, 1 day volleyball (which will switch to hockey in October).

My goal: Run a 23 minute 5k (3 miles) in October. So to get to that time I need to improve my speed. I can consistently run 27 minutes and could probably do 25 in a race with competition. So to shave off a few minutes I need to include some sprinting into my running routine.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger