User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I think my goals are tooooo
    1. jog/walk the 4 mile bike trail i've been wanting to check out
    2. Cardio 4 days a week for 45 minutes a day. I want to lose some inches on my whole body. I wish i could target my thighs.
    3. Strength training 2 days a week, I want to strengthen my back mostly, my back muscles are very weak and i have trouble standing up for long periods of time. It would also be cool to have more toned arms

I think this will do for now. i have to take PE this semester at school, so that might help reach some of these goals.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

My goals are:

Some kind of exercise every day: 20 minute Jillian 30 Day Shred video, ball workout or 1 hour callanetics, alternated throughout the week.

Work up to running or biking for 30 min at a go. This is a longer term goal. Little bit every day. I have exercise asthma, so am working on getting my lungs stronger.

Eating vegetables at each meal and no bread/whole grains till I've exercised. Consistently eating breakfast. Drinking 2L water/day.

Cutting down to one Coke a week and 1 treat a week. I used to drink 2 bottles of Coke a day and now am down to a can three times or less a week. Replacing my hot chocolate fix with tea.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    I can't hit the gym for a month, so I can't do the lifts or the swimming until then. I can prep myself though.
    Glad you can join! What kind of exercises will you do for prep until you have access to the fancier equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Ok, I want to work up to stationary biking about an hour a day. I just don't really like my posture on the dang thing. I should also being doing my exercises for my loose shoulder (which will help my posture) but I don't know if I can commit to that :P
    Hmm... I can see the problem with fixing your shoulder. That's a pretty impressive trump card you have there.

Doing some exercises to improve your posture is certain a good idea. (Reminds me, I'll have to amend my goals to include my old physical therapy knee exercises.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I would have to do it every day or I would space. My high Ni is my kryptonite haha
    Hah! Okay, then. For purposes of the contest, want to consider the diet improvements an everyday thing and perhaps 4-5 days a week on the situps? Everyday doesn't allow much room for error, and rest does the body good.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I think my goals are tooooo
    1. jog/walk the 4 mile bike trail i've been wanting to check out
    2. Cardio 4 days a week for 45 minutes a day. I want to lose some inches on my whole body. I wish i could target my thighs.
    3. Strength training 2 days a week, I want to strengthen my back mostly, my back muscles are very weak and i have trouble standing up for long periods of time. It would also be cool to have more toned arms

I think this will do for now. i have to take PE this semester at school, so that might help reach some of these goals.
    Oh yes... use PE class to help get you in the habit. That all but ensures you will make it 4 out of the 6 months. Smart girl.

One thought: All three together may be a bit much. At least at first. What do you want to consider your 'minimum' goal? How about ~45 minutes of exercise 4 days a week?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    My goals are:

Some kind of exercise every day: 20 minute Jillian 30 Day Shred video, ball workout or 1 hour callanetics, alternated throughout the week.

Work up to running or biking for 30 min at a go. This is a longer term goal. Little bit every day. I have exercise asthma, so am working on getting my lungs stronger.

Eating vegetables at each meal and no bread/whole grains till I've exercised. Consistently eating breakfast. Drinking 2L water/day.

Cutting down to one Coke a week and 1 treat a week. I used to drink 2 bottles of Coke a day and now am down to a can three times or less a week. Replacing my hot chocolate fix with tea.
    Very admirable goals! I recommend against a 7 day a week exercise routine, though. Rest is good, and going from nothing to 7 days is difficult. How about 4-5 days? If you are inspired, you can do more.

I like your dietary goals as well. Coke is a complete waste of calories - so good job reducing that. And yes, eat breakfast! That thing about it being the most important meal of the day is true.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm pretty good at eating breakfast regularly when school is in except during the busiest times of the year (sleep is one of my other goals this year, so I'm not draggy in the morning). I usually take Sundays off. This summer, I've only been walking, but for most of the school year was working out 5-6 times a week. I had an excercise partner next door as well as a ladies exercise group a couple times a week at school. I was sick and very busy at the end of the year though so fell off the wagon for the last two months. I won't have those things here, but do have a cousin who works at my school whom I will work out with at lunch twice a week and maybe sometimes after school, depending on her schedule. I'm trying to sucker my mum into doing something once a week as well.

MBTI
    INTP

Weight-training is so satisfying, best feeling ever after a good workout. I don't know how people can stand cardio though, I get bored after 5 minutes, maybe that "high intensity" cardio stuff is best for me. Anyone know anything about it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I couldn't do this challenge because it would mean having to stick to a schedule that I created with the ability to veer from it any time I wanted. Then again, competitions do not motivate me. =\
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Weight-training is so satisfying, best feeling ever after a good workout. I don't know how people can stand cardio though, I get bored after 5 minutes, maybe that "high intensity" cardio stuff is best for me. Anyone know anything about it?
    Ipod and music make a huge difference for me. I've also been known to take some sort of educational module and listen to it during cardio. I don't really know much about "high intensity" cardio, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    I couldn't do this challenge because it would mean having to stick to a schedule that I created with the ability to veer from it any time I wanted. Then again, competitions do not motivate me. =\
    Veer in what way? If you mean veer from exercising at all, then yes. However, if you mean different forms of exercise, just make your goals flexible enough to fit several regimens.

MBTI
    INTP

Found it.

High-intensity interval training - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought it was short, like 5-10 minutes tops. Hadn't thought of listening to lectures.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Hadn't thought of listening to lectures.
    It's fantastic. I've had trouble quitting cardio before if it was on a really interesting topic. I highly recommend it.

The only downside is it's hard to really push myself with cardio and still be able to listen. It has to be a moderate workout.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Okay. So my goal, overall, is to get down to and maintain 130lbs. How I aim to do this:

- Eat breakfast everyday.
    - Drink water (I already do this.. Water, tea, juice, and milk are all I ever want.)
    - Have 5 basic meals that add up to roughly 1300 calories.
    - Continue the healthy cooking I've been doing via the Cook Yourself Thin cookbook

- Go to class monday through thursday. (Monday and Wed. Nights I have weight training class, Tue and Thurs I have aerobics class)
    - Continue running/walking with my folks
    - Continue to alternate different levels of the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD
    - Skate at least 3 times a week.
    - Have 1 day of rest a week.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge