• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Acupuncture

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Has anyone tried this? My friend found a nearby chiropractor who is also an acupuncturist and I may make an appointment this week to aid in further weight loss. I'd also like to up my energy level. Anyway I am eating well and have lost weight but I am wondering if this would push things along more quickly? The best part is that he also takes insurance. Friend had a 2 hour appointment with him last week that only cost her $40!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Never done it myself but my brother had a lot of success with acupuncture for headaches. I think it's one of the "alternative" medical treatments with a lot of positive evidence behind it.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It worked better than anything else for back pain. I was completely pain free for several weeks. I don't know anything about using it for weight loss or energy level, but I'd be very interested to know what your results are after you try it. (I definitely think it's worth a try.)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm skeptical but i'll report my results when I have them. I have a consultation this Thursday.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm excited for you! I hope it goes well!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I found people respond differently to acupunture. I gave it a try after getting Sciatica for the 3rd time. A family friend who also had back problems recommended it.
4 sessions and £125 later. No difference at all, i was still in agony.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
U of Washington did a study.

They found acupuncture helped control pain, PMS symptoms, and eased withdrawal of drug addiction.

Other than basic endorphin/pain maintenance, it was useless.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i canceled my appointment and started back at the women's gym i belong to. i didn't get a great vibe about this dude especially since he's an "all rounder" as opposed to specializing in one area. he also answered the phone the two times i called which probably means nothing but i prefer places where there's a receptionist around.

Last edited:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've had acupuncture performed on me a number of times by a local acupuncturist. Each time was a good experience. I've met a number of people, who had various problems and everything they tried didn't work until acupuncture which worked. Several military or former-military people have said that.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've had loads of accupuncture of PCOS, i found it really good. Not sure how effetive it would be for weightloss but worth a go.

Accupuncture promotes wellness so you feel better all round as oppose to just fixing a problem

L

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've always wanted to try this. There's something intriguing about having a bunch of needles stuck into your body. I'd do it just for the experience.