User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 159

Thread: Curly Haired Girls' Styling Products

  1. #81
    came back haunted Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Ugh yes omg. I get the "why don't you straighten it?", "you have so much hair!", and "I wish I had interesting hair" comments all the freaking time. Thankfully I don't get most of the ones on that list though.

    No one usually wants to touch my hair, for some reason? Maybe that only happens with curlier hair than mine (3a).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  2. #82
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,388

    Default


  3. #83
    Senior Member Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ugh yes omg. I get the "why don't you straighten it?", "you have so much hair!", and "I wish I had interesting hair" comments all the freaking time. Thankfully I don't get most of the ones on that list though.

    No one usually wants to touch my hair, for some reason? Maybe that only happens with curlier hair than mine (3a).
    I want to pet everyone's head/hair but that has nothing to do with curly or not curly i just like soft things that feel hard underneath.
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

  4. #84
    Iron Maiden Array fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    9,597

    Default

    I've discovered AG's recoil and though it's pricy enough, it goes pretty far, isn't too crunchy, makes my hair very curly without too much weight, deals with frizz and is reasonably touchable. It also revives nicely on the second day with a few sprays of water and a little bit of rescrun hung. I'd highly recommend it.

    Also, I've found that the nourishing Loreal sulphate free Camilla oil shampoo eliminates a need for conditioner to detangle. It also creates some volume and smoothness while encouraging curl. I hate all Zloreal styling products though.

  5. #85
    Emperor/Dictator Array kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I've found that the nourishing Loreal sulphate free Camilla oil shampoo eliminates a need for conditioner to detangle. It also creates some volume and smoothness while encouraging curl. I hate all Zloreal styling products though.
    Link to product? I had trouble looking it up.

    also the AG thing, is it really like effortless to use and fast? :/ I'm not familiar with styling my hair really... I usually just braid my hair in a few braids while it's damp, leave them in for the next day, and it'll end up crazy poofy-and-kinky for a day after that when I take them down, falling flat by the evening but still being pretty kinky. .. and if I roll my hair up in circles and bobby pin them down (it takes a long while) they'll ringlet for half a day after I take them out if they're left for a night and the first half of the day. I've found anything but braids + time seems like it takes too long or is too complicated for me to keep up with..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  6. #86
    Iron Maiden Array fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    9,597

    Default

    Very easy. Put a squirt of product in hand. Rub hands to spread it out. Distribute sparingly through damp hair and scrunch a few times. Let hair air dry. I've had no luck with diffusers. My hair is probably 2B. Takes me less than five minutes to do my hair. Aghair.com. I usually buy it in a larger bottle with a pump. Most salons stock AG products. Their Beach Bomb is good too. I like recoil best though. The other is slightly lighter hold.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

  7. #87
    climb on Array Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Very easy. Put a squirt of product in hand. Rub hands to spread it out. Distribute sparingly through damp hair and scrunch a few times. Let hair air dry. I've had no luck with diffusers. My hair is probably 2B. Takes me less than five minutes to do my hair. Aghair.com. I usually buy it in a larger bottle with a pump. Most salons stock AG products. Their Beach Bomb is good too. I like recoil best though. The other is slightly lighter hold.
    Thanks for posting this! My hair is 2C and I have the hardest time finding a balance between enough hold, but not too much weight/crunch. I'll give this a shot when I run out of my current product.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  8. #88
    Iron Maiden Array fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    9,597

    Default

    I hear Ya! I have a whole cupboard of products I've tried once or twice and quickly abandoned!

  9. #89
    Happy Halloween! Array Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    670

    Default

    I believe I am a 3b, so hahaa! Life sucks more for me!!

    Travel is impossible if you have curly hair. Good luck sleeping in a plane if the only way you can maintain your hair is to keep it up!

    I guess that's one good thing about curly hair, it forces you to accept that, sometimes, you just gotta let it all out.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  10. #90
    Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I believe I am a 3b, so hahaa! Life sucks more for me!!

    Travel is impossible if you have curly hair. Good luck sleeping in a plane if the only way you can maintain your hair is to keep it up!

    I guess that's one good thing about curly hair, it forces you to accept that, sometimes, you just gotta let it all out.
    Two braids? I mean, sure, it makes you look like a child ... but it does work. Always braid when traveling internationally/camping/anything that requires minimum maintenance time.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Curly Hair
    By gromit in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 10:02 PM
  2. Antitype Products
    By Tamske in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 05:49 AM
  3. Long-haired Vermonters who seem like they haven't
    By Bella in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 05:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •