User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Curly Haired Girls' Styling Products

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Ugh yes omg. I get the "why don't you straighten it?", "you have so much hair!", and "I wish I had interesting hair" comments all the freaking time. Thankfully I don't get most of the ones on that list though.

No one usually wants to touch my hair, for some reason? Maybe that only happens with curlier hair than mine (3a).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ugh yes omg. I get the "why don't you straighten it?", "you have so much hair!", and "I wish I had interesting hair" comments all the freaking time. Thankfully I don't get most of the ones on that list though.

No one usually wants to touch my hair, for some reason? Maybe that only happens with curlier hair than mine (3a).
    I want to pet everyone's head/hair but that has nothing to do with curly or not curly i just like soft things that feel hard underneath.
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've discovered AG's recoil and though it's pricy enough, it goes pretty far, isn't too crunchy, makes my hair very curly without too much weight, deals with frizz and is reasonably touchable. It also revives nicely on the second day with a few sprays of water and a little bit of rescrun hung. I'd highly recommend it.

Also, I've found that the nourishing Loreal sulphate free Camilla oil shampoo eliminates a need for conditioner to detangle. It also creates some volume and smoothness while encouraging curl. I hate all Zloreal styling products though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I've found that the nourishing Loreal sulphate free Camilla oil shampoo eliminates a need for conditioner to detangle. It also creates some volume and smoothness while encouraging curl. I hate all Zloreal styling products though.
    Link to product? I had trouble looking it up.

also the AG thing, is it really like effortless to use and fast? :/ I'm not familiar with styling my hair really... I usually just braid my hair in a few braids while it's damp, leave them in for the next day, and it'll end up crazy poofy-and-kinky for a day after that when I take them down, falling flat by the evening but still being pretty kinky. .. and if I roll my hair up in circles and bobby pin them down (it takes a long while) they'll ringlet for half a day after I take them out if they're left for a night and the first half of the day. I've found anything but braids + time seems like it takes too long or is too complicated for me to keep up with..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Very easy. Put a squirt of product in hand. Rub hands to spread it out. Distribute sparingly through damp hair and scrunch a few times. Let hair air dry. I've had no luck with diffusers. My hair is probably 2B. Takes me less than five minutes to do my hair. Aghair.com. I usually buy it in a larger bottle with a pump. Most salons stock AG products. Their Beach Bomb is good too. I like recoil best though. The other is slightly lighter hold.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Very easy. Put a squirt of product in hand. Rub hands to spread it out. Distribute sparingly through damp hair and scrunch a few times. Let hair air dry. I've had no luck with diffusers. My hair is probably 2B. Takes me less than five minutes to do my hair. Aghair.com. I usually buy it in a larger bottle with a pump. Most salons stock AG products. Their Beach Bomb is good too. I like recoil best though. The other is slightly lighter hold.
    Thanks for posting this! My hair is 2C and I have the hardest time finding a balance between enough hold, but not too much weight/crunch. I'll give this a shot when I run out of my current product.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I hear Ya! I have a whole cupboard of products I've tried once or twice and quickly abandoned!

MBTI
    INTJ

I believe I am a 3b, so hahaa! Life sucks more for me!!

Travel is impossible if you have curly hair. Good luck sleeping in a plane if the only way you can maintain your hair is to keep it up!

I guess that's one good thing about curly hair, it forces you to accept that, sometimes, you just gotta let it all out.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I believe I am a 3b, so hahaa! Life sucks more for me!!

Travel is impossible if you have curly hair. Good luck sleeping in a plane if the only way you can maintain your hair is to keep it up!

I guess that's one good thing about curly hair, it forces you to accept that, sometimes, you just gotta let it all out.
    Two braids? I mean, sure, it makes you look like a child ... but it does work. Always braid when traveling internationally/camping/anything that requires minimum maintenance time.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast