Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Curly Haired Girls' Styling Products

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I've just been styling my hair with Nutiva coconut oil and it works to fight the frizz and dryness.
    My hair is bordering on type 3A, if you can get the reference.
    Daydreaming I will feel the coolness on my feet.
    I will let the wind bathe my bare head.
    I will not speak, I will have no thoughts
    But infinite love will mount in my soul

- Rimbaud
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

@fidelia

I tried the shampoo and conditioner and it has been the best so far for my thick, coarse curly mane:

The conditioner literally already defines my curls in the shower and when it dries, I don't even need a styling product to make it look good.
    So worth it~

- Rimbaud

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have probably the straightest of curly hair on the spectrum.

I've been using this girl's advise lately..
    #30DayHairDetox Confessions | BlackDoctor
    Stop Using Coconut Oil and Shea Butter On Your Hair Now! | BlackDoctor

Moooostly. I still use coconut oil/shea butter at times, mixed in with other ingredients, but rarely now.

Products I'm currently using:
    - Herbal Essences naked dry shampoo after working out.

- On my tips/ends, mostly for a good smell or to make my hair 'stickier' for up-doing, orr if I can't wash my hair that day and it's been nearly a week, I use soultanicals fluff-a-licious.. the one on the left.

Before showering: the night before I use straight-up apple cider vinegar directly on my scalp. It helps a lot with scalp itch. I have dandruff pretty badly.. not from a fungus of any sorts, but because my combination skin that plagues my face is also on my scalp, causing a mix of oily scalp + dry scalp that flakes off. Apple cider vinegar gives a lot of relief, and pre-treating my scalp with it really helps cut right through for the dandruff shampoo the next day.

- During my shower:
    I wash my scalp with a dandruff shampoo.

I wash the rest of my hair with whatever cheap shampoo is available.. but my best friend sends me this shampoo from france, so I've been using it. it's the white/silvery bottle in the line up, an almond extract one. It's the french version of suave basically.

Then I use a cleansing conditioner all over from my scalp to my ends, and wash it entirely out. This guy doesn't have any of the heavy oils from that article.

After that, naked Conditioner just on my ends--probably from my shoulders down.

... Occasionally, when my hair gets really knotted up, I'll use a lemon head knot spread from soultanicals before I start my washing up.
    [/img]http://www.pamperedtendrils.com/images/soultanicals%20lemon%20head%20knot%20spread.jpg[/img]

... Other than that, I use Suave kids detangling spray when I brush my hair...

I occasionally (once a year or so) put henna in my hair because my hair has been dulling with age. (not my pics.)

But henna smells very very bad in my hair for a while after using it... like a month. So, whenever my hair gets wet, I also have to buy this stuff to help balance out that smell. Soultanicals Kink Drink, a spray for your hair that lightly moisturizes and the lavender smell neutralizes the henna smell.

Aaand that's about it. I really don't think I ever stick anything else in my hair...
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Nørrsken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Currently in love with jojoba oil for my curly hair, tbh.

- Rimbaud

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sp/sx

My hair is naturally curly with lose curls, like Shakira's hair before she straightened it out. My favorite shampoo is Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil. It's around $10, so it's not dirt cheap, but it's sulfate free, not tested on animals, and lasts a pretty good amount of time in general. Makes my hair nice and shiny too. I used to cowash with a conditioner, but it would always weigh down my hair. So now I only shampoo it every other day and find that it works best for me.
    "I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive." ~ Henry Miller

~* Sun: ♋ Moon: ♓ Rising: ♈ *~

I have 3b curls and am considering going super short. I've had long hair for decades now. Something like this: http://i0.wp.com/therighthairstyles....aggy.jpg?w=500

yay or nay? You can see my pic on my profile if you need to imagine/compare.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."
    Likes Cloudpatrol, EJCC, Kas liked this post

Senior(ita) Member Array Cloudpatrol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I have 3b curls and am considering going super short. I've had long hair for decades now. Something like this: http://i0.wp.com/therighthairstyles....aggy.jpg?w=500

I love your hair long but I think you would look really cute with it short like that.

Do you use headbands and barrettes and stuff like that @iwakar?

I had my hair like in the pic and found accessories helped to 'play' with the style but my SIL feels stuff like that is juvenile so I know it depends on the person...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    I love your hair long but I think you would look really cute with it short like that.

Do you use headbands and barrettes and stuff like that @iwakar?

I had my hair like in the pic and found accessories helped to 'play' with the style but my SIL feels stuff like that is juvenile so I know it depends on the person...
    Bobby pins and hair combs are what I typically use.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post

Yes yes yes. Totally.

Or maybe one of those where it's longer in the front than the back, and longer on one side than the other -- so the curls cascade across your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Kas liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yes yes yes. Totally.

Or maybe one of those where it's longer in the front than the back, and longer on one side than the other -- so the curls cascade across your face.
    Like this? http://naturallycurly.s3.amazonaws.c...1445122984.jpg
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Kas liked this post

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast