User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post

I'm on the right.
    Your hair is beautiful. How about something like this?

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Showbread, EJCC, ayoitsStepho liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Your hair is beautiful. How about something like this?

Oooh, I like that! I'm planning on experimenting throughout the week and I will definitely give that a try!
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I like what Ceecee posted but here are two other looks that would look lovely. Personally, when I do up does I like to let some curls fall around my face.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    What products do you use? I'm in the process of trying to get rid of all my silicone shampoos.
    I'm currently using a regimen of hair products that I bought mistakenly and now just want to get rid of -- but that work well enough that I haven't thrown them out. The shampoo I use now is a tea tree shampoo that I got from Trader Joe's and that it turns out is not sulfate free. I also use DevaCurl One Condition (which works well) and DevaCurl Light Defining Gel (which I have to use a LOT of for it to have any effect on my thick/coarse 3A hair).

I've liked just about every "no-poo"* that I've tried, with the exception of DevaCurl's, which doesn't clean my scalp enough and therefore makes my dry scalp issues flare up. I've found some great cheap ones at Walgreens -- I believe they have their own line of curly products and they sell a relatively cheap argan oil shampoo that comes in a blue bottle**, that I like. (Side note: because of the aforementioned scalp concerns, I'm in the market for a sulfate-free tea tree shampoo or something else scalp-cleansing like that. Preferably one that's reasonably priced.)

My personal favorite product is Shea Moisture's curl-specific leave-in "style milk", which I will return to once I've used up the DevaCurl Light Defining Gel. I also really like their shampoo, which makes my hair incredibly soft -- have not tried their conditioner though. All of those products also smell really coconutty and nice.

*For the record, I HATE THAT EFFING NAME
    **Edit: Was just reminded that the name of that argan oil shampoo brand is Renpure
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

For a moment I believed Fidelia was back

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm currently using a regimen of hair products that I bought mistakenly and now just want to get rid of -- but that work well enough that I haven't thrown them out. The shampoo I use now is a tea tree shampoo that I got from Trader Joe's and that it turns out is not sulfate free. I also use DevaCurl One Condition (which works well) and DevaCurl Light Defining Gel (which I have to use a LOT of for it to have any effect on my thick/coarse 3A hair).

I've liked just about every "no-poo"* that I've tried, with the exception of DevaCurl's, which doesn't clean my scalp enough and therefore makes my dry scalp issues flare up. I've found some great cheap ones at Walgreens -- I believe they have their own line of curly products and they sell a relatively cheap argan oil shampoo that comes in a blue bottle, that I like. (Side note: because of the aforementioned scalp concerns, I'm in the market for a sulfate-free tea tree shampoo or something else scalp-cleansing like that. Preferably one that's reasonably priced.)

My personal favorite product is Shea Moisture's curl-specific leave-in "style milk", which I will return to once I've used up the DevaCurl Light Defining Gel. I also really like their shampoo, which makes my hair incredibly soft -- have not tried their conditioner though. All of those products also smell really coconutty and nice.

*For the record, I HATE THAT EFFING NAME
    Oh awesome! I'm definitely going to look into some of these. I just needed a good starting place. Thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

So, I've suspected for awhile that my seborrheic dermatitis was made worse when I switched to sulfate-free/generally milder shampooes a few years ago. I've now had it confirmed by a dermatologist that could be the case. Apparently I'm allergic to some of the fairly normal yeast that lives on skin, and thrives in oily places. I have a really oily scalp, and sulfate-free shampoo leaves more of that oil behind. Which is GREAT for my curls. So, I am now at a loss. Do I take care of my scalp, or my hair? Is there some way I can do both? My current shampoo seems to have caused an even worse flair up. So as much as I hate wasting things, I may just toss it and switch to this stuff. Still sulfate free, and not too pricey.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I really have liked the professional Sebastian Penetraitt strengthening and repair shampoo that I have been using. It's been great for my curly hair, the seborrheic dermatitis is much better and I don't even need condition anymore. I just comb through my hair in the shower to get rid of loose hair, suds, etc. It isn't sulphate free, but I find I don't need much at all. It's also colour safe.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

So, I've suspected for awhile that my seborrheic dermatitis was made worse when I switched to sulfate-free/generally milder shampooes a few years ago. I've now had it confirmed by a dermatologist that could be the case. Apparently I'm allergic to some of the fairly normal yeast that lives on skin, and thrives in oily places. I have a really oily scalp, and sulfate-free shampoo leaves more of that oil behind. Which is GREAT for my curls. So, I am now at a loss. Do I take care of my scalp, or my hair? Is there some way I can do both? My current shampoo seems to have caused an even worse flair up. So as much as I hate wasting things, I may just toss it and switch to this stuff. Still sulfate free, and not too pricey.
    Try asking @Lexicon. She doesn't have curly hair, but she does seem to know everything.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

All the money and time you'll spend looking after your hair will be wasted since you'll see it swirl down the drain along with your lovely curls...

Please take care of your scalp, it's more important since untreated SD leads to hair loss, and it's pretty significant, you will notice the difference. It seems your hair only needs taming on the bottom, so why not put an oil on the ends and the dermatologist-approved shampoo/lotion on the scalp and the rest?

Have you used 2% ketoconazole shampoo? I didn't particularly like the smell, but it certainly relieved the itchiness from the flair-ups.
    Night is another candle