User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

I also had beach hair until a couple of hours ago. So awesome. Too bad it's gone now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Two braids? I mean, sure, it makes you look like a child ... but it does work. Always braid when traveling internationally/camping/anything that requires minimum maintenance time.
    Got 3c hair and twists work! Throw a satin scarf on it to sleep in (do not sleep, do not pass go, without one of these on your head--helps hair from getting tangled. Or get a satin pillowcase.). I'm sick now and I am so freaking glad I twisted my hair last Friday night. My hair is so coily that it likes twists better but I tend to braid my daughter's 3b hair. I don't think the braids look childish--they can look really awesome.

I used to hate my hair and would spend practically the whole day getting it relaxed every 6-8 weeks at $160. Went every two weeks to have it professionally shampooed and styled. That would usually cost me around $75...cost extra because my hair was very long and I was tender-headed. I stopped doing it when I realized that unless I kept it cut down to my skull (which I did for a few years) that the hair upkeep thing was never going to be "easy". Long wash and wear hair was not ever going to be mine. I really do have to fight the temptation to cut it all off though...

MBTI
    INTJ

Two braids? I mean, sure, it makes you look like a child ... but it does work. Always braid when traveling internationally/camping/anything that requires minimum maintenance time.
    The back of my head is flat. If I braid it, I will look like part of my head was sliced off...

The really sad thing about braids is my little baby hairs/frizz/flyaway issues. Always looks so messy. I do envy straight haired girls their neat, sleek braids.

I think I'm a 3A/2C. Medium long hair, very curly left to its own devices but turns wavy when I brush it out.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's apparently trendy again:

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    The back of my head is flat. If I braid it, I will look like part of my head was sliced off...
    IME, the great thing about having thick hair is that no one knows what your head looks like under it!

(For example, people assume that I have a much smaller head than I do, because of all my hair, but even if I shaved my head I'd probably wear a size XL hat. My head is ginormous, lol.)

Also, french braiding adds some additional volume to the back, especially if you french braid very loosely.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It's apparently trendy again:

The second style looks good and hair protective ... the first one, not so much. That one's style over substance. If you slept like that in a plane you'd wake up looking like a wild cavewoman.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

I'm loving egg washes at the moment. Just did one with whole egg, honey and coconut oil. Hair is super soft and loads of volume. I have waist length hair (I just chopped 4" off) and am hoping to get to tailbone length this year. It's super fine though and damages easily.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I decided to get militant about no silicones and switched my shampoo/conditioner to Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi. It's low lather shampoo, and the conditioner is almost like a lotion. It definitely doesn't coat and detangle the way my old stuff did. I've used it about three times and my hair actually feels much more dry and crunchy... Is this because of the lack of silicones? My product is silicone free also. Suggestions? I was thinking of getting some jojoba oil for the ends.

Also, I might be dying it tomorrow. Nothing drastic, just a warmer shade of light brown. With my highlights grown out it's getting a little too cool for my skin tone.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Spray Matrix Instacure on wet hair. Biosilk silk therapy on dry hair. Flat iron to get those kinks out.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    Spray Matrix Instacure on wet hair. Biosilk silk therapy on dry hair. Flat iron to get those kinks out.
    I don't want it to be straight though... Just less dry.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink: