• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your morning routine?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The alarm goes off and my cat jumps on the bed repeatedly and yowls in my face until I demonstrate that I am awake by showing her some attention. We have a little morning snuggle and purr while I mourn the fact I have to abandon my bed. I eventually get up (and she jumps off the bed and goes to her tree and back to sleep), turn the coffee pot on, check her food and water, turn the computer on, brush my teeth, get coffee, go to the computer, spend about an hour checking all my email addresses and my forums, take a shower, do my makeup, get dressed, turn the computer off, make sure the lights are off, adjust the thermostat, take my ipod shuffle off the charger, find my keys, get in the car, and drive to work.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wake up.
I fall back asleep.
I wake up again.
I take a shower and brush my teeth, do all that bathroom stuff.
Pour a bowl of cereal or cook whatever I feel like eating.
Do whatever I planned to do for that day.

Usehername

On a mission
I have to share ENFP classmate's routine because it's the best morning routine I've ever heard. In the summer she's a head lifeguard, which makes for a routine to maximize sleeping time (because she never gets to bed on time, and if she falls asleep on her job people could die lol).

• make lunch and coffee night before; put in fridge with coffee attached to lunch bag so as not to forget lunch, but leave travel mug lid on counter beneath microwave
  • pack clothes and shower stuff
  • put shoes, packed bag against apartment door to not forget
  • get ready for bed, wearing tomorrow's lifeguarding clothing

So she wakes up eight minutes before her job starts (traffic is nonexistent that early), sticks her coffee in the microwave, puts her lunch in her packed bag, goes pee, and is out the door on average in 50 seconds.

One time her roommate heard her alarm go off, got out of bed to wish her a good day, and ENFP was already out the door! :D

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have a morning routine, but that's probably because I'm a bum with no job right now. If someone were counting on me to be on-time, I'd set up a self-schedule.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to share ENFP classmate's routine because it's the best morning routine I've ever heard. In the summer she's a head lifeguard, which makes for a routine to maximize sleeping time (because she never gets to bed on time, and if she falls asleep on her job people could die lol).

• make lunch and coffee night before; put in fridge with coffee attached to lunch bag so as not to forget lunch, but leave travel mug lid on counter beneath microwave

So she wakes up eight minutes before her job starts (traffic is nonexistent that early), sticks her coffee in the microwave, puts her lunch in her packed bag, goes pee, and is out the door on average in 50 seconds.

One time her roommate heard her alarm go off, got out of bed to wish her a good day, and ENFP was already out the door! :D

Actually that's kinda like what I do when I do go to work. I'll shower the evening before,sleep, get up, jump in my clothes, toss breakfast, lunch (left over dinner if any left) in work bag. Bag already contains keys, wallet, make up back, hairbrush and deodorant. Go to subway station. On the subway and while waiting for it, I'll brush my hair, put on deo and make up and I'll be ready by the time I get to work. Breakfast I eat there and if lunch wasn't available I'll order something at work. I usually am gone within 10 minutes :D

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

wow haha. that's one way to squeeze exercise in the morning

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
here is my deal:

get up
start a pot of coffee
take a cold shower
make breakfast for 2 (usually bacon, eggs, oatmeal, and toast for me - oatmeal and grapefruit for Maya)
make/pack lunch for myself and Maya
drink most of a pot of coffee while reading yesterday's newspaper :rolleyes:
go to the public pool and swim laps

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
hehe, I always knew that people can change their preferences. But to have it mapped by hour, that's something noteworthy. :)

I think my P'ness enables me to change preference during the day. :D

It's around 12 when I change to unorganized. ;) It varies from 12 to 1 pm and after that I'm the most unorganized person on this planet. My evening has no routine whatsoever. Poor children of mine who have to suffer this trait of mine. :huh:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i wake up, usually to the sound of a crying toddler
i get him out of his bed, change his diaper, make him a cup of ovaltine and try to get him to eat some cereal.
then i pee and brush my teeth
then i take supplements and eat some sort of breakfast
then i watch jeopardy.

sometimes this happens in a different order. sometimes i dont watch jeopardy because i wake up far too late. and sometimes i eat lunch instead of breakfast.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Actually that's kinda like what I do when I do go to work. I'll shower the evening before,sleep, get up, jump in my clothes, toss breakfast, lunch (left over dinner if any left) in work bag. Bag already contains keys, wallet, make up back, hairbrush and deodorant. Go to subway station. On the subway and while waiting for it, I'll brush my hair, put on deo and make up and I'll be ready by the time I get to work. Breakfast I eat there and if lunch wasn't available I'll order something at work. I usually am gone within 10 minutes :D

Someone should do a photo essay on that.

If you are prettier and smell nicer on the way to work from home,
do you get uglier and smell stinkier on the way home from work?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get up. (Well, most days anyways.)
I go online for 5-10 minutes and check my email and such. (Stretch and crack my back while i'm at it.)
I brew a pot of coffee. During the coffee brewing I take a shower sometimes- if I missed it the night before or missed a day. but normally I just brush my teeth, wash my face and comb my hair. When that's done I pour a cup of coffee and throw an ice cube in it and chug it. Then I pour another cup of coffee and go get dressed. (If I've showered and already dressed then I go lay back down with my hair hanging over the bed so the fan can dry it and I sleep for 10 more minutes. I get back up, chug the second cup of coffee, pour another travel mug full. Get everything I need together and go!
Whole process takes about an hour.

Abridged version: (Really early in the morning days, stayed out too late, am working a 16 hour shift, etc. ) This version happens a lot...
Get up, go online for five minutes, brew coffee, face/hands/teeth/dress/stuff, pour mug of coffee and go!
That routine takes about 15 minutes.
Makeup is always done at red lights.

Oh and it takes me a half hour to wake up before I get up. 35 minutes to be exact. Alarm at 7, reset for 7:15. Snooze for five minutes, 4 times, until 7:35.

Mole

Permabanned
I escape every day.

I escape from myself every day right out the front door.

The sunshine greets me, the crisp air kisses me and the footpath leads my feet until I fall into the arms of the Bakery.

And armed with a large flat white coffee and a warm wholemeal roll, I read "The Australian" newspaper in the sun.

I wish you could join me. How nice it would be if you were to come and escape with me. Leave your mind behind. And not knowing what to do, the day will unfold for you.

Just as the newspaper unfolds in front of you, and as the sparrows nibble your crumbs and people talk to you without even you asking.

But the dogs are the nicest. They take no thought for tomorrow and enjoy every scent and delicious morsel.

And like a Golden Retriever you will turn to me and ask, "What shall we do today?". And I will stroke your head and say, "I have no idea".

And off we will set without plan, a goal or a map. Each step a dance, each only a glance away - two escapees out on a spree.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I get up, and miraculously and usually about half an hour later, I am dressed, fed, showered, ready to go, and wondering how in the world I got going so fast.

I don't have a routine, really. Whatever strikes my fancy.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone should do a photo essay on that.

If you are prettier and smell nicer on the way to work from home,
do you get uglier and smell stinkier on the way home from work?

:tongue10:

Hey if it lets me sleep 50 minutes longer, I'm all for doing this. I *hate* getting up in the morning, and even worse, having to use my brain right away (yes, I do have one, it's just slow to start up)

Besides, I'm not of your frigging labrats :alttongue:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SHORTNSWEET'S TRANSLATION OF WHAT VICTOR IS TRYING TO SAY.

I escape every day.
I get up. I escape from myself every day right out the front door.
I get up and leave. The sunshine greets me, the crisp air kisses me and the footpath leads my feet until I fall into the arms of the Bakery.

I go to breakfast at Dunkin Donuts down the street. I walk there.
And armed with a large flat white coffee and a warm wholemeal roll, I read the "Australian" newspaper in the sun.
I drink a large coffee extra cream and a donut (enough calories to cover a whole meal!) and read the newspaper.I wish you could join me. Want to come sometime?How nice it would be if you were to come and escape with me.We could get breakfast together Leave you mind behind. And not knowing what to do, the day will unfold for you.On your day off when you're really, really bored.

Just as the newspaper unfolds in front of you, and as the sparrows nibble your crumbs and people talk to you without even you asking. We could sit in the park and feed the birds and talk to strangers afterwards! I'll bring the newspaper.

But the dogs are the nicest. They take no thought for tomorrow and enjoy every scent and delicious morsel. Whatever the birds don't get, the dog will eat...they don't care.

You'll turn to me like a Golden Retriever and ask me, "What shall we do today?". And I will stroke your hair and say, "I have no idea". Then you'll want to know what we're doing. You look like a dog. And I will stroke your hair and say, "I have no idea.'

And off we will set without plan, a goal or a map. Each step a dance, each only a glance away - two escapees out on a spree. We don't have any goals. Maybe we should find jobs today.

Mole

Permabanned

I escape every day.
I get up and leave. The sunshine greets me, the crisp air kisses me and the footpath leads my feet until I fall into the arms of the Bakery.

And armed with a large flat white coffee and a warm wholemeal roll, I read the "Australian" newspaper in the sun.
I drink a large coffee extra cream and a donut (enough calories to cover a whole meal!) and read the newspaper.I wish you could join me. Want to come sometime?How nice it would be if you were to come and escape with me.We could get breakfast together Leave you mind behind. And not knowing what to do, the day will unfold for you.On your day off when you're really, really bored.

Just as the newspaper unfolds in front of you, and as the sparrows nibble your crumbs and people talk to you without even you asking. We could sit in the park and feed the birds and talk to strangers afterwards! I'll bring the newspaper.

But the dogs are the nicest. They take no thought for tomorrow and enjoy every scent and delicious morsel. Whatever the birds don't get, the dog will eat...they don't care.

You'll turn to me like a Golden Retriever and ask me, "What shall we do today?". And I will stroke your hair and say, "I have no idea". Then you'll want to know what we're doing. You look like a dog. And I will stroke your hair and say, "I have no idea.'

And off we will set without plan, a goal or a map. Each step a dance, each only a glance away - two escapees out on a spree. We don't have any goals. Maybe we should find jobs today.

Traduttore, traditore.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I escape every day.

:D
:rofl1:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Short, you rock :rofl1:

Durentu, dude, your definition of fun seriously needs some finetuning. Does the word nerd mean anything to you? :shock: