User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by AceMile View Post
    Unfortunately, it is true it can cause skin cancer if you over expose on it. You don't have to worry as long as you know the time to be spend on using it. I started tanning using bed with recommended time, and I have no problem of it.
    Are you certain about that? I haven't seen any studies that went into detail about exposure levels.

I'd also be curious to see a comparison between tanning beds and regular sun tanning.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by almost rosey View Post
    spray tan anyone?
    yes, please

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

So? Living past 55 doesn't seem too exciting anyways.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I have used tanning beds here and there, only the last few years.

In the spring I go get a book of five sessions and "prime" my lilly-white epidermis before the Florida sun wakes up in full and starts throwing supercharged UV death rays down at me.

That article might make me reconisder this strategy. Maybe I'll just layout after breakfast for a week or two instead.

Bottom line is though, I got over trying to protect myself from every possible harmful thing that exists when I was about 20. I was a bit neurotic then. I've chilled out quite a bit, and taken in life, and I really have enjoyed it.

I might have to get bits and pieces of that life cut off in another 20 years, or maybe I'll get hit by a bus or eaten by a polar bear. We shall see!

Maybe I'm a prototypical ESTP risk taker?
    The sun is the best source of vitamin D known to man. I'd say go for it!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Lily white is the best anyways...
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

The "uv rays cause cancer" myth has been debunked. Read a newspaper, people.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    The "uv rays cause cancer" myth has been debunked. Read a newspaper, people.
    I haven't heard of this. Show us?

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't really understand the hype of looking like a burnt piece of toast. Okay well that's kinda harsh, I admit some people look great with a tan. BUT I have always loved the light color of my skin. I think of it like Marilyn Monroe, she was a beautiful woman imo, never needed any UV rays or fake bake creams/sprays to get noticed. Why can't people, women especially, appreciate their natural beauty?

But hey i suppose if it makes you feel better about yourself... go for it. I rather you look pastic, than constantly ask me how your hair looks

i wish i had hair to worry about.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”