User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I've been taking paxil forever (pretty sure it made me fat). It helps though. I also took zoloft at one point, but it didn't help as much.
    Yeah, I stopped about two years ago because my life at the time was essentially stress free and I didn't like the side-effects. But I was told that something better came out.

If I could just buy a case of beta-blockers, I would be set.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

best antianxiety = Xanax. Of course, it leaves you in comfortable unbalanced zombie mode for a number of hours until you pass out. But once your body develops the tolerance, a 1mg pill should just mellow you out and completely erase all anxiety.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

cymbalta maybe?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFj

I was taking Paxil but after my psychiatrist increased the dosage I started to feel tired, and even gave me more anxiety so I had to stop.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

did you have to suffer through paxil withdrawals? those things are like death.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I stopped taking Lexapro months ago due to my inability to remember to take it every day but I am considering taking it again since my sons school crap is irritating the shit out of me. I've really come to the conclusion that I am neurotic and have on and off anxiety. Xanax is great for really bad days but I can't take it during the day becuase it makes me too drowsy.

I've also taken Prozac and at the time it worked well for me. One thing I noticed about prozac and lexapro is that when I was taking them (separately) I didn't notice a difference but I think that's how the drugs are supposed to work. I just don't want to be somewhere and totally go off on people because I am irritated in general. at one point I was taking adderall which was awesome but pretty much left me zoned out and high as a kite causing me to forget to do pretty much anything including pay bills so that ended after three months. I was great to be around but getting nothing done so I didn't renew my prescription after three months.

For those of you who are anti meds, keep in mind that some people really do need them and some just need them from time to time. Exercise has helped me in the past and I will probably try that again before lexapro.

as for the urinpeeins comments on americans and their dirty pill habits this one's for you.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    did you have to suffer through paxil withdrawals? those things are like death.
    No I didn't thank god.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I take a combo of Wellbutrin and Trileptal. It works better for me than most things. On Lexapro I still had periodic major freak outs and it made me fat. It was better than Paxil, though. However, every person has a different body chemistry so what works well for me might not work for you. Wellbutrin can actually make you feel more anxious for a few days, but it's worth it if you suffer from major depression like I do, because those side effects do go away within a week. Trileptal is great but not in large doses. My dose is relatively low, but I do need it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Really? I just started on this thing like a week ago. I guess I better keep an eye out then.
    Personally citalopram was the best that I was given, least side effects and most normal feeling. I did take a small dose, but I have sensitivity to psyche meds (learned it the hard way) so that balanced it out..
    I did hear such complaints from my friends, I found it strange that it stopped working or worsened the condition, but since these things are so dependant on the individual.. Better keep an eye open, just in case.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Neither, thumbs down to Prozac because its almost totally made from a fluoride compound which suppresses your adrenal/thyroid metabolism, and in the long run counteracts any benefit by making you feel like shit and then its a spiral effect for the rest of your endocrine system same with Paxil. Same with Lexapro, actually all anti depressants or anxiety meds mess with your endocrine system which can't be good for your health can it?

Antidepressants and Serotonin

If you would believe the overwhelming advertisements of the pharmaceutical companies, you would think that serotonin primarily regulates mood. In fact, serotonin regulates a lot of other activities in the brain and body. In 1948, Maurice Rapport, a haematologist, found that serotonin tended to make blood form clots, and it tended to be a muscle- as well as a vasoconstrictor. Next to be a muscle- and vasoconstrictor, serotonin plays an important role in sleep, appetite, memory, aggression, sexual behaviour, cardiovascular activity, respiratory activity, motor output, sensory and neuroendocrine function, but most important, perception! Since 1988 the serotonin hype brought us several SSRI-AntiDepressants all stimulating this neurotransmitter. For about 11 years now, Dr. Ann Blake Tracy (Prozac: Panacea or Pandora?), persistently warns the public against raising serotonin levels. Doctor Tracy has taught us that an increase in serotonin produces rushes of insulin dropping sugar levels and chemically inducing hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) in this way. Furthermore it has been established that too much serotonin damages blood vessels, particularly in the lungs, and may also harm heart valves. This would be due to the fact that serotonin is a powerful vasoconstrictor.

But why do I hear people talking about benefits from these SSRI-AntiDepressants?", you might want to ask in this stage. "They surely must work somehow don't they?" The answer is yes, they "work" somehow, but not in a very proper way. The mechanism of action on serotonergic neurons implies a lot of other neuro- endocrine responses. What actually happens when you increase serotonergic neuronal activity or elevate your serotonin levels is this: the stress hormones "Cortisol" & "Adrenaline" (Epinephrine) in the brain and body are triggered by increased serotonergic activity or elevated serotonin levels. It is a natural reaction from the body to combat the excessive serotonin levels. These released hormones, cortisol and adrenaline, are secreted from the "Adrenal Glands." They give the human personality a boost, producing a euphoric state, which can last for a prolonged period of time. In this manner SSRI-AntiDepressants initially produce the deceptive results the doctor and "patient" are both expecting.