• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are introverts pickier eaters?

Are you a picky eater?

• Introvert: Yes.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Introvert: Somewhat.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Introvert: No

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Extrovert: Yes.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Extrovert: Somewhat.

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Extrovert: No.

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very introverted, not picky at all.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I was gonna say... While I've been known to be picky, I used to date an INTP who wasn't at all. I used to joke he had two taste buds: "Good" and "Bad, but I'll eat it."

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny, being born in the year of the Cat/Rabbit and I would smell and play with my food before I ate it. It is still relevant today as it was 15 years ago.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think I am the pickiest eater that I know. It's mostly about icky textures, some philosophies and just the thought of most things. But I have almost no sense of taste/smell. Something has to be really sharp or spicy for me to enjoy it. I make up for it with my hawk eye vision.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've never been picky, hell I just tried dog food the other day and dog treats, so yeah clearly I'm not picky.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was very very picky as a kid.

As an adult, I'm much more adventurous... but I still have a tendency to find something I like and then fixate on it rather than trying new stuff. (It's a risk management thing, partly.)

OMG I do this too!!!!

I go through binges where I eat one thing a LOT and then never touch it again for like weeks/months/years....

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I am the pickiest eater that I know. It's mostly about icky textures, some philosophies and just the thought of most things. But I have almost no sense of taste/smell. Something has to be really sharp or spicy for me to enjoy it. I make up for it with my hawk eye vision.

Same here, only I need glasses :nerd:. I'm sure I make up for it somehow though...

When something needs to be identified by smell, I'll go running for someone else, rather than sit there for 10 minutes trying to sniff the damned thing.

Sauropsidian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm fairly picky, to say the least :p
I think it's more of the individual than introversion or extroversion

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I've never been very picky. I'm game for pretty much anything as long as it's fresh. I won't eat some things I guess, like bagged salad, because it starts to smell really awful (at least to me) after like 2 days. Or when cheese gets moldy and people just cut the moldy part off and act like nothing happened :sick:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I guess I'm pretty picky about foods.

As for smells? I really don't see how gasoline and skunk smell bother people. :/

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm only a picky eater when i'm on a calorie restricting diet. I was never a picky eater as a child, and i'm willing to try any food once.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I've been told by my parents that I'm a picky eater... but I don't see how insisting to eat healthily (aka to choose not eat big chucks of fat etc) is necessarily "picky". I'm very willing to try out new and different sort of food. I just hope it's not overly spicy because I can't tolerate it all that well. So I guess I'll compromise and say I'm somewhat picky.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah.

I thought it said "Are introverts pricker eaters?" And I was like wtf is a pricker?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not at all, almost everything can be good if prepared right.

some people are lousy cooks, though.

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
depends on your definition. i haven't eaten meat or poultry since i was 8, and have had periods of veganism. HOWEVER i love exotic, spicy foods (generally). i only like fast foods on occasion, though, and will only eat pastries or bread if i know they'll be good (or if i'm really hungry).

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
So I read about some studies that said introverts are more stimulated by their sense of smell and that extroverts rate unpleasant smells as less intense and unpleasant as introverts do. I'm wondering if the same might be true for taste and if that makes introverts more likely to be picky eaters.

That sounds more like a Sensing thing than an Introverted thing.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love to try different foods, and like intense flavors from spicy to bitter to rich. The only one food I really dislike are mushrooms.

The pickiest eaters I know are all EXSPs and a few INTXs.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah.

EDIT: What the hell? Just noticed BlackCat's response, which, besides the two sentences, is identical to mine.

So bizarre.

More editing: Okay, I realize it may not be that weird in itself, but it still is a bit for me.