First 345

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Baking soda is good for everything. I want to marry it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

INFP friend hasn't shampooed in a few years. Sometimes I pet his (curly, shortish blond) hair just to check--it's not silky smooth, but it is impressive considering all he does is use water on his hair.

I would never do it because with naturally wavy hair, it's quick for me to both straighten it with an iron, or put moose or gel in to make it curly, and you simply can't be doing anything extra to your hair that way. It also limits the ways in which one can style their hair in general.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

This thread is good! I'm crap at hair related things!

I've got long, naturally curly hair. I can't afford to buy anything but the cheap, caustic shampoos like V05 or Suave. I'll wash it from root-to-tip once a week, then every 1-2 days I'll wash just the root area and concentrate conditioner on the tips (I have a rather oily scalp). I don't let it air dry anymore because even though it's shinier, it looks limp. I blow dry but try to keep the heat a good distance away from my head and move the dryer around a lot. I'll use product if I'm going out somewhere but not regularly. It seems to work out pretty well, but I'm just a naturally frizzy little person.

I only recently started dying my hair, I never did it before in my life but I started getting wiry gray hairs when I turned 30, so I just said 'hell with it'. Thing is, that stuff seems to have burned the hell out of my scalp. I only left it on for the recommended time, not sure if I have an allergy to it or not. It's been 2 weeks and my scalp still 'hurts' from it. I used Garnier Nutrisse, any gentler dyes out there?
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

in the winter time I tend to wash mine every other day, but in the summer sometimes my hair gets oily and sweaty (my hair is very straight) so I'd rather just avoid that with a daily hair washing

when I dyed my hair I had to use a lot more conditioner, but as the dye has grown out, not so much. in fact, since my hair has been above my shoulders I don't use conditioner very often because it just weighs my hair down...of course I'm also using this foo foo olive oil shampoo from europe right now, so that's part of why I don't need extra conditioning...when my hair gets past my shoulders again, or if I just have to switch back to cheaper shampoo, I'll probably increase the conditioner